Need some advise pls

huiping85

hi guys im bak..
my girl give me a very hard time... admitted to KKH on 19-10-2009 to induce, coz post dated already... den induce at 6pm, cervic 1cm.. waiting...... 20-10-2009 miorning.. still 1cm.. waiting... noon 12pm ok 3cm... still waiting.... 4pm stil same.. cannt tahan liao... water bag burst too long le.. C-sec in the end.. =x
The newborn arrival of my baby girl ' Anabelle '

masayuki

hi guys im bak..
my girl give me a very hard time... admitted to Kandang Kerbau Hospital on 19-10-2009 to induce, coz post dated already... then induce at 6pm, cervic 1cm.. waiting...... 20-10-2009 miorning.. still 1cm.. waiting... noon 12pm ok 3cm... still waiting.... 4pm stil same.. cannt tahan ... water bag burst too long .. C-sec in the end.. =x
Glad to know that you're fine and recovering....
Congrats on the arrival of your little precious princess! :D:sayangbaby:

Ting

hi guys im bak..
my girl give me a very hard time... admitted to Kandang Kerbau Hospital on 19-10-2009 to induce, coz post dated already... then induce at 6pm, cervic 1cm.. waiting...... 20-10-2009 miorning.. still 1cm.. waiting... noon 12pm ok 3cm... still waiting.... 4pm stil same.. cannt tahan ... water bag burst too long .. C-sec in the end.. =x
congrats huiping!!
hv a smooth recovery!:wong19:

JoyBliss

Hihihi Huiping!!! Congrat. on the arrival of Princess Anabelle!!!!! She is very lovely with her chubby rosy cheeks!! hahaha Enjoy the precious moments :wong19:

Ting

u got give water?? my mum told me give water can reduce jaundice.
but up to individual, some parents not keen on the idea to give water.

masayuki

I'm not too sure about the water part. Normally jaundice in infants is cause by elevated bilirubin levels, possibly in breast milk....

You can try some light florescent light treatment at home as the light does break down bilirubin.... Remember to cover her eyes first though....

huiping85

I'm not too sure about the water part. Normally jaundice in infants is cause by elevated bilirubin levels, possibly in breast milk....

You can try some light florescent light treatment at home as the light does break down bilirubin.... Remember to cover her eyes first though....

hi masa and ting.. nope so far still dunid to go for phototherapy ..
my mum jyz bring her dwn every morning whn the sun nt so hot... for like 10mins.

JoyBliss

Hi Huiping, I did some asking too during my preggie on juandice
1.) Yep, like what you mom did, the 8.30-9am sun is gentle.. good to tan Anabelle for 10-15 mins... use a hankie to cover the eyes cuz they are still very delicate (that's what I did)

2.) Give them more feed to flush out the bilirubin (since the Western teaching believe no water for infant before 6 mth)... let me confirm on this again after tonight k <CONFIRMED-Oct.30)

3.) Chinese traditional myth... buy YellowGinger (Hokkien-spell) and shower the baby with it. I even buy yellowGinger flowers (dunno 7 or 8 only), put in red packet and keep it close to the baby , like beside the pillow, or the small beanbag.... (that's what I did too)

4.) Meantime, since you are BF, refrain from coloring stuff.. like yellow mee, carrot for the time being. (Side-track: for confinement dishes, some may say abstain from alchol and vinegar, but you can find out more from the KK website... some say only need to abstain for 1 week only)

offhand... can't think of more... oh ya, i also learn from one of the thread here, bath the baby in Stout help.. (but I won't go for this... too dangerous... i rather go for herbal than stout)

Last edited:

JoyBliss

Meantime, monitor the baby closely, esp. the eye, the inner hand and feet sole...
If BB turning more yellow each day see the doc immediately... they will use the UV light... keep monitoring

You would have an appt in the polyclinic shortly right? The doc will assess BB and ask you to come back for follow up on the jaundice. They do a blood test to know the severity. It's fast. And NB get priority.

Last edited:

huiping85

Hi Huiping, I did some asking too during my preggie on juandice
1.) Yep, like what you mom did, the 8.30-9am sun is gentle.. good to tan Anabelle for 10-15 mins... use a hankie to cover the eyes cuz they are still very delicate (that's what I did)

2.) I can't recall now.. have to go back find my preggie bible ... sometime like let them drink more milk to flush out the bilirubin (since the Western teaching believe no water for infant before 6 month)... let me confirm on this again after tonight k

3.) Chinese traditional myth... buy YellowGinger (Hokkien-spell) and shower the baby with it. I even buy yellowGinger flowers (dont know 7 or 8 only), put in red packet and keep it close to the baby , like beside the pillow, or the small beanbag.... (that's what I did too)

offhand... can't think of more... oh ya, i also learn from one of the thread here, bath the baby in Stout help.. (but I won't go for this... too dangerous... i rather go for herbal than stout)

yea joy i bought the yellow ginger too.. only put it inside the red packet.. but have nt tried showering for her.. cause some old ppl sae can be eaten some sae cannt.. den my mum and i also scared if the water accidentally goes into her mouth.. so we nv shower her with tt..
and ya doctor also advice me nt to giv her water.. so i didnt..
At the moment nw, we juz sun her in the moring ard 8.30am for like 10-15mins as u mention.. and ya cause im breast-feeding her, so no ginger in take for me also..
And have to go to the poly everyday for her blood test to her her jaundice level..

Last edited:

JoyBliss

that's great Huiping, all are well-covered. It's usu. normal for NB to have jaundice due to the development, the liver of the NB is still not capable of breaking down the bilirubin that is abundant in the infant, hence giving that yellowish color - juandice. But gradually, when the liver slowly function, these bilirubin should be able to dispel outside the body, and the yellowish disappear.. hehee.. these are all in theory lar...

Though some may beg to differ. Just monitor closely, meantime, enjoy your confinement!! I support you all the way on BF!! Don't give up! :)

Last edited:

huiping85

that's great Huiping, all are well-covered. It's usu. normal for NB to have jaundice due to the development, the kidney of the NB is still not capable of breaking down the bilirubin that is abundant in the infant, hence giving that yellowish color - juandice. But gradually, when the kidney slowly function, these bilirubin should be able to dispel outside the body, and the yellowish disappear.. hehee.. these are all in theory ...

Though some may beg to differ. Just monitor closely, meantime, enjoy your confinement!! I support you all the way on BF!! dont't give up! :)

err joy.. wads BF ?? :err: LOL