Need some advise pls

masayuki

cannt... tts what my mum sae ...
im like everyday eating meat and veg.. cook with ginger those kind of food -____-
Goodness.... I'm allergic to garlic and ginger....
Maybe I should sneak you some fast food.... hehehehe :wong8:

Later your mum come out to chop with with the chopper so must run fast! :eek:15:

JoyBliss

btw joy.. any do's and dont'ts to eat or drink during BF time??
I'm those kind that didnt really follow the traditional ways very closely. :001_302: those kind that shower the 2nd day when I'm in hospital haha. But my takes on Do's: (I still believe in taking warm or "heaty" stuff to balance the chilli in the body)
- Drink lots of water... or traditional use the red dates with longan etc..
- Lots of Fish & Green papaya with fish soup to increase milk supply
- Eat healthy including oat, cereal, fish, vegetable, fruits (also reduce constipation or give softer stool)
- Pig kidney or liver (sorry I always mix up the 2) for replenishing back the iron and blood loss.
(I also follow the Fuhua menu and add on some herbal stuff that does not interfer with BF. But off hand, I don't know their English terms, but I'm sure Fuhua still pass them around now... Just ask them it's for confinement.)

Dont's
- Hard to abstain from not using alcohol & ginger in confinement food i think... some abstain for 1 week first OR some simply express or feed the baby first before eating. After eating, rest for few hours before feeding baby again.
- spicy as in chilli, curry, and many coloring favored food like mee, carrot.. (end up I take vermicill, kuay tiao etc)...

For more professional advices, let me share this link, hope it's useful to you
Diet for a healthy breastfeeding mum

Most impt... be relax, sleep well and enjoy the moments :Dancing_wub:

JoyBliss

cannt... tts what my mum sae ...
im like everyday eating meat and veg.. cook with ginger those kind of food -____-

so good... I have no idea what it taste like "vinegar trotter"... My 1st week confinement experience not too good.. some days I don't even have breakfast until my mom has to inform the confinement lady *sigh*....

so huiping, enjoy all these good food ya ;) just take some extra effort to stagger the BF lar and drink more fuid or fruits before you have hard stool, esp. if you are natural birth :tlaugh: For meat, maybe can ask your mom to give more fish also, I was told it helps in milk supply

Last edited:

diymummy

I dont think pig trotters is healthy food.... :tlaugh:

I think Subway has more vitamins than pig trotters!
Then again, can any of the mummies tell me if it's fine for ladies to eat fast food during confinement?
I ate fast food. Was getting tired of all the ginger-fied food. The fast food was to preserve my sanity during the confinement period. And I went out to eat it! So much for "confine"-ment.

:001_302:hahaha... so funny confinement u still got cravings ah? i remember i got cravings for fast food when i was pregnant only.

maybe u can ask ur mum to deep-fry some chicken wings and add some ginger slices in it. my mum did that for me. mums tend to cook a lot of heaty food cos they believe that we got a lot of wind.

eat at home better than outside food mah esp when u BF :) or ask her to make pork chop for u then put in a bun with mayo & veg loh... like burger.. hehe...

i am a big lover of vinegar trotter... but i ask my mum to buy those without tooo much fat.. cos me scared of putting on weight during confinement... miss the taste...yummy..

diymummy

Wahahahha. Not really craving lahh.. More like don't like the taste of confinement food... Eat for too many days liao... And always the same ol' things and always with ginger... Hai yooo... And also stay at home for soooo long... I really like almost went crazy. So in the end just went out to ta bao fast food come home and eat. Hahaha. Fulfill 2 things:
1) Can go out
2) Not eating confinement food
LOL!!!