Nose mucus & plemgh in baby, help!

pkshl

my son has nose mucus & plemgh, we brought him to doc, gave us nose drops & medicine for plemgh but my son vomit out the medicine. den we got worried, brought him to KK hospital last night, end up doc only gave us another brand of nose drops, said his throat is not red & no plemgh but the way my son cries, his voice sounds sore & im so worried it will affect his vocal cords! initally i thought that since theres plemgh, doc will use tube to suck out plemgh but doc said no plemgh, den y his voice sound sore when he cried? im so worried!

apollo

my son has nose mucus & plemgh, we brought him to doc, gave us nose drops & medicine for plemgh but my son vomit out the medicine. then we got worried, brought him to KK hospital last night, end up doc only gave us another brand of nose drops, said his throat is not red & no plemgh but the way my son cries, his voice sounds sore & im so worried it will affect his vocal cords! initally i thought that since theres plemgh, doc will use tube to suck out plemgh but doc said no plemgh, then why his voice sound sore when he cried? im so worried!
my ds also lik tt.. izzit his nose got those "phelgm" sound when they breathing esp when they slp?? i asked pd lotsa times, he kept tell me is normal and will go away itself.. he also mention most babies (in fact all) will have phelgm, unless the phelgm cause him to have breathing diffi, if not, is alright... i asked ard my frens and they said their babies will will have "phelgm sound" when they breathe, and their pd also told them is normal etc.. and the symptoms really goes away when their babies grow older.. i'm waiting for my ds's symptoms to go off too =)

My #3 DD oso same...

yesterday I brought my #3 DD to a PD too... Told me its normal, den tell me he wun prescribe nose drop bcoz might make bb have sensitive nose... But he gave me some phlegm medicine. Now after takin the phlegm medicine, i dun hear the phlegm sound liao...

yakii

my dear son also lik that.. izzit his nose got those "phelgm" sound when they breathing esp when they sleep?? i asked pediatrician lotsa times, he kept tell me is normal and will go away itself.. he also mention most babies (in fact all) will have phelgm, unless the phelgm cause him to have breathing diffi, if not, is alright... i asked around my friends and they said their babies will will have "phelgm sound" when they breathe, and their pediatrician also told them is normal etc.. and the symptoms really goes away when their babies grow older.. i'm waiting for my dear son's symptoms to go off too =)
When my DS is 1 mth old, he also had lots of phelgm...and is so block that he cant drink his milk..so we brought him to KKH and they say only nose block and they suck out the phelgm..the very next day it happen again so we brought him to this doc at Jurong point last time now this doc move to jurong east..she say is sensitive of the lungs...so she gave a bottle of this syrup which is transparent and nose drop..after 2 dose..his nose is clear and he is able to drink his milk...but then there is a side effect to his medicine...he will tend to be more hungry. So instead of 3 hr feed...he will be hungry at 2hr and did drink more then other babies of his age...at the 2nd mth he weight goes up to 6kg which is increase of 3kg in 1 mth!!! but then overall after the medicine he is fine tat is the most important

yellowpudding

my son has nose mucus & plemgh, we brought him to doc, gave us nose drops & medicine for plemgh but my son vomit out the medicine. then we got worried, brought him to KK hospital last night, end up doc only gave us another brand of nose drops, said his throat is not red & no plemgh but the way my son cries, his voice sounds sore & im so worried it will affect his vocal cords! initally i thought that since theres plemgh, doc will use tube to suck out plemgh but doc said no plemgh, then why his voice sound sore when he cried? im so worried!
Darling pkshl, it's actually normal. Previously I rush my daughter back to TMC and Pd in the middle of the night due to the same problem. It will go away by itself eventually. These days what I do is to check whether any mucus is stuck in her nose and slowly clean with a cotton bud and use nasal spray (seawater). If it's clear, I will just let it go.

Another thing I found out is that she actually breathe better (at least I don't hear the eee...hmmmm sound coming from her) when she sleep using the dimpled pillow, perhaps you can try that out? :)

michellechin

My #3 dear daughter also same...

yesterday I brought my #3 dear daughter to a pediatrician too... Told me its normal, then tell me he wun prescribe nose drop bcoz might make baby have sensitive nose... But he gave me some phlegm medicine. Now after takin the phlegm medicine, i dont hear the phlegm sound ...
Hi! what's the phelgm med ur doc prescribe? My 4 months old baby is down wit massive flu, phelgm and mucus in her nose. Heartpain to see her unable to sleep.

michellechin

Darling pkshl, it's actually normal. Previously I rush my daughter back to Thomson Medical Center and pediatrician in the middle of the night due to the same problem. It will go away by itself eventually. These days what I do is to check whether any mucus is stuck in her nose and slowly clean with a cotton bud and use nasal spray (seawater). If it's clear, I will just let it go.

Another thing I found out is that she actually breathe better (at least I dont't hear the eee...hmmmm sound coming from her) when she sleep using the dimpled pillow, perhaps you can try that out? :)

Hi! did doc prescribe nasal spray? what's the brand? suitable for 4 month old baby? And how long does it take for the mucus to totally go away without administering the nasal spray? After get well, any re-occurence? What's the time gap? Thks!

apollo

Hi! did doc prescribe nasal spray? what's the brand? suitable for 4 month old baby? And how long does it take for the mucus to totally go away without administering the nasal spray? After get well, any re-occurence? What's the time gap? Thks!
i have the spray too.. mine is call sterimar... ds is using since 2-3 week old.. the logo is a dolphin... hmm actu if the phelgm is affecting ur baby's slp or feeding, shd bring her to a pd... as from what my pd told me, the spray is seawater, not consider as medi at all cos can use anytime, no time gap and as long as it dun affect ur baby's slping feeding, or breathing, it's okay... as for breathing, if u see her pushing away the milk bottle while feeding and try to breathe through her mouth instead of nose, then might be the phelgm is affecting her..

yellowpudding

Hi michellechin, the pd prescribed nasal spray for her, the brand is Sterimar (with a dolphin picture on the bottle). I reckon it should be suitable for 4 month old baby as my daughter is only coming to 2 months old. Till now I wouldn't say the muscus is totally gone for my daughter's case, but it's getting better. Hence I think still need sometime. :)