Nursing BB Cold

my DS coming down with the flu =( lucky tom he's due for his jab liao can one time see doc.

any tips on taking care of him??

i prop him up on two pillows now when he sleeps so his airflow slightly better, & jus try my best to keep him comfortable.

poor baby got flu still can smile & laugh for his mommy when she came home from work :wong19:

vonn81

So concident!! My DD also due for jab ytd and she was down with flu too. but still got the jab doc says ok. Its her 3 jab already ( 6mths).
She seems to hav mucus which makes her uncomfortable i guess.
Cant sleep well at night, both of us affected ah. She can sleep thru nights at least 5 hrs already, but for the past week she has been waking up n cried very hard. Dunno wat happen then gave her pacifier she will be quiet, but very tiring leh. when she is asleep her pacifer will drop off her mouth, so if she cried for pacifier i die arh...need to stick on to her mouth like that.hahah
So tot of train her not to use pacifer, especially during day nap, but difficult sometimes can sometimes she cry none stop. How huh??

ur bb only 3 months old, dunno can use essential oil or not.

sorry i blur blur but ... what is essential oil?

So tot of train her not to use pacifer, especially during day nap, but difficult sometimes can sometimes she cry none stop. How huh??

i'm not too sure myself ... how do you normally put her to sleep? if it is by any other method may i suggest you start patting & shushing her? i use this on my boy & at this stage he can actually fall asleep by himself liao. sometimes need pacifier for comfort but once sleep will drop off & even if drop off he will stay asleep, then wakey fresh fresh & laugh laugh.

btw, i told his PD he's got the sniffles but doc didn't even prescribe anything! dunno whether he paid attention or not cos clinic was so busy just now ... aiyah i hate feeling helpless :bsad:

vonn81

i'm not too sure myself ... how do you normally put her to sleep? if it is by any other method may i suggest you start patting & shushing her? i use this on my boy & at this stage he can actually fall asleep by himself liao. sometimes need pacifier for comfort but once sleep will drop off & even if drop off he will stay asleep, then wakey fresh fresh & laugh laugh.[/quote]

Ya i pat pat her to sleep everytime, but she needs her pacifer if not she will cry. Unless she is extremely tired then i can just pat her w/o pacifer she will fall asleep. For her also like for comfort ley, she will drop off and stay asleep, just that for last week she will wake up like 2 hrs later and cry, so i give her again lor cos she cry until like kenna bash very seriously. then she will fall back to sleep, but another few hrs she will repeat. so sometimes 3-4 times a night very tiring for me and my DH needs to work. hope is the flu that actually cos that. she will revert back.

vonn81

i think too young not recommended to use essential oil leh, cos even during preggy some oil are strictly not recommended :)

autumn82

Mine since 1mth until now.. still got the snorting sound leh.. Like ALOT of mucus inside.. See his nostrils, quite clear coz I got clean up everyday after bath. Sleeping so far ok. Tat time, PD said normal, gave saline only. ZzZzz

But since Fri, feeding cannot finish 120-150ml.. Most of the feedings only drink like 60-90ml. Sick of milk oredi meh?? Haha. Hopefully today his feeding goes back to normal... Haiz.

Today supposed to go for the 3mth jab.. I lazy to bring 2 kids down, somemore DD needs to go sch.. Think Sat then bring him for the jab wif DH.. Haha.

Mine since 1mth until now.. still got the snorting sound leh.. Like ALOT of mucus inside.. See his nostrils, quite clear coz I got clean up everyday after bath. Sleeping so far ok. Tat time, PD said normal, gave saline only. ZzZzz

But since Fri, feeding cannot finish 120-150ml.. Most of the feedings only drink like 60-90ml. Sick of milk oredi meh?? Haha. Hopefully today his feeding goes back to normal... Haiz.

Today supposed to go for the 3mth jab.. I lazy to bring 2 kids down, somemore DD needs to go sch.. Think Sat then bring him for the jab wif DH.. Haha.

if bb sounds stuffy like got mucus, then chances are .. got mucus! & u won't see it becos it's all the way up the nasal passages. just yesterday my hb sucked my bb's nose - quite a lot of mucus lei! did it a few times, bb could breathe better.

be careful abt bb's loss of appetite. it might signal something - just monitor, okay?

my bb just had his 3rd mth jab last saturday - oh my gosh! he ran a fever over the weekend!! & stupid me i thought it was going to be like his first jab heaty body then after that okay ... but no lor it continued throughout Sunday morning & afternoon. but heng by Sunday evening fever broke liao. still scary tho.

last weekend i had so many traumatising panicky moments with bb!! makes me feel like such a stupid mother =(((

autumn82

if bb sounds stuffy like got mucus, then chances are .. got mucus! & u won't see it becos it's all the way up the nasal passages. just yesterday my hb sucked my bb's nose - quite a lot of mucus lei! did it a few times, bb could breathe better.

be careful abt bb's loss of appetite. it might signal something - just monitor, okay?

my bb just had his 3rd mth jab last saturday - oh my gosh! he ran a fever over the weekend!! & stupid me i thought it was going to be like his first jab heaty body then after that okay ... but no lor it continued throughout Sunday morning & afternoon. but heng by Sunday evening fever broke liao. still scary tho.

last weekend i had so many traumatising panicky moments with bb!! makes me feel like such a stupid mother =(((
Ur DH sucked his nose?! Oh man.. :x But my DS can breathe ok leh.. When drinking milk then got tt kinda sound.. Or sleeping in aircon.. hm.. I asked PD b4 could it be the aircon, he said unlikely. Prob jus passage way narrow. I reschedule the jab to next Sat, 1 Nov.. Hee.

Eh, loss of appetite means something? Wat thing?? Sick of milk? Sick?? Dun scare me!!

Yea, usually after jabs 1-2days will have fever, got fever medi rite? Dun worry too much la.. Hee. *pats* no stupid, everyone's learning new things everyday!

SH74

read somewhere that newborns' breathing tend to sound stuck 'cause their airway is not fully developed yet. not 'cause they got nose sh*t inside or down w flu. unless the newborns r bothered abt it, then mayb is due to flu or something.

if not, can just leave it. as they grow older, they'll hv clear airway. wont hv those sound alr.

autumn82

hmm... 3 months only leh. to me, still considered newborn. hahaha... :D
Haha. IF u/MIL @@ the way I handle my DS.. Think u all will faint. Haha. :p I always tell DS, u big boy oredi huh! Dun make mummy angry, Quick! Finish up ur milk!! Wahahah. I oredi spank his hands and legs!! :p

When DS 3weeks old, I carry him w/o clothes from room to bathroom @ 7.30am to bath until now. :p

But hor, seriously, his nose shld be fine rite? Haiz. I rescheduled his jab to next Sat, so next Sat then @@ PD. In fact, last Sun, I brought him to GP, GP said nothing wrong wif him. ZzZz.. But ya, irriated to hear the sound since 1 mth old. So worried

SH74

autumn82 > i also quite bo chap n rough when i handle my boy. sometimes will leave fan on while changing his diapers. my sis alw make noise abt it. :p

Eh, loss of appetite means something? Wat thing?? Sick of milk? Sick?? Dun scare me!!

Yea, usually after jabs 1-2days will have fever, got fever medi rite? Dun worry too much la.. Hee. *pats* no stupid, everyone's learning new things everyday!

no laa surely nothing. just monitor that's all :001_302:

first time my bb sick. first time mommy with first time bb nursing first time fever & first time stuffy nose ... how like dat??? :we2Randy-git:

autumn82

autumn82 > i also quite bo chap n rough when i handle my boy. sometimes will leave fan on while changing his diapers. my sis alw make noise abt it. :p
Haha. Me to. I always on the fan, otherwise I'll melt. Think my fan, on for 24hrs leh. Jialatz. My place no one to see & nag. Luckily not living wif MIL. Wahahah :p

autumn82

no laa surely nothing. just monitor that's all :001_302:

first time my bb sick. first time mommy with first time bb nursing first time fever & first time stuffy nose ... how like dat??? :we2Randy-git:
Hee. Is like tt one. I always tell my DH jokingly. Why ur DS so troublesome one.. Nose alittle block like tt, hair got cradle cap. Face keep on popping red bumps, love to whine alot!? So much like u hor!? Unlike DD, so good. Nothing at all, good & easy to take care. Eat & sleep. Wake up only laff... So good.. Just like me. Haha. :p