Nursing BB Cold

CanCanMum

haha! i kp chip in my share...

it is very jialat to have bb down with flu and stuffy nose...i always suck his mucus out (using a pump) but i find manual sucking more effective, but very erks lah...

i bought the saline drops too, for just in cases, but in the end did not use it at all until it expired (dunno y?)

if not tahan a few days after medicine clears the nose lor, which means days wo good nights sleep....and then dozing off during 2-3 pm at work (most unbearable time of the day) - which i always do...hahahaZ!!!

my bb like don care like that his nose stuffy. occasionally he will grunt grunt & rub his nose la but if i prop him up properly at night he still sleeps pretty well.

but past few days he's been very notti in his sleep! after night feed (4am) he'll be back in cot neat & nice on his pillow. then when i wake up @ 6am i see he sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiide all the way down ... there was one night he managed to sliiiiide until head was at the bottom his legs @ the top - completely opposite!!!!

si beh cute leh. want to scold oso donno how. haha!

yesterday he had a sneezing fit. after it stopped my dh faster2 stick the tube up his nose & suck ... wah he say alot!! tube filled up!! he felt sooo satisfied that he kept sucking more ... lol ... suck until my ds cannot tahan start crying. HAHA!

so cute lah all these babies.

DodoTan

but past few days he's been very notti in his sleep! after night feed (4am) he'll be back in cot neat & nice on his pillow. then when i wake up @ 6am i see he sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiide all the way down ... there was one night he managed to sliiiiide until head was at the bottom his legs @ the top - completely opposite!!!!quote]

Haha.... my son also! never in the same place I put him down to sleep in. He even has the oddest talent in hiding things. My hubby put him to sleep with his pacifier in his mouth, morning I found it under his butt! I covered his tummy and legs with the blanket when he slept, when he woke up, he was lying on top of the blanket. Really don't know how he does it.:tlaugh:

Last edited:

DodoTan

My son's nose is usually stuff at night and early in the morning. I suspect he might have sinusitis. My husband has it and I'm sort of a carrier; half my cousins have it.
He screams every time I try to clear his nose though. Guess it must be unpleasant...

My son's nose is usually stuff at night and early in the morning. I suspect he might have sinusitis. My husband has it and I'm sort of a carrier; half my cousins have it.
He screams every time I try to clear his nose though. Guess it must be unpleasant...

my bb will turn to his left & turn to his right to try & avoid the impending, inevitable tuuuube ... he can run but he can't hide!! :tlaugh:

i'm thankful he has a pretty high tolerance for pain though. he'll only cry if his parents push their luck & keep sucking ... lol

EnFlor

Mommies, you can purchase a box of Kavol, available at our local pharmacies. Apply it on the corner of a hanky or towel. Just hang it up near to where your bb is sleeping. Will ease bb's breathing.

autumn82

I tried using Snuffle Baby Vabor Rub when I hear DS nose was like blocked.. Instead of getting better.. My DS nose started to be runny... After I stopped, the nose was fine.. except still have the blocked nose sound.. :(