OMG! I'm pregnant!!!

mrsmorgan

The gynae that I went to for my pregnancy was Dr Irene Chua frm The Private Suite, normally I go to see her on Thurs.....she is very good, and as for complaints of service, hmmm I think it depends on your choice and how you look at it & your expectations, there's some complaints also frm other hospitals, for me I had a good experience at Kandang Kerbau Hospital and will definitely go back there when I have 2nd child....:tlaugh:

Btw, my sis delivered both her kids at Kandang Kerbau Hospital too.........
wat's her charges like?

yellowpudding

i talked to hubby about it and he told me to research on other gynaes if i want to and we shall compare.. but i hav to go to sis-in-law's gynae tomorrow morn first.. they want me to go to him just because he gives med to protect e womb or make your womb stronger or something.. like as if other gynaes wont give you that med! *rolls eyes*

so pls help me out guys.. i need a good and reliable gynae, even if it's a guy.. whose clinic is in west or central and charges reasonably.. my sis-in-law's gynae offers an antenatal scanning pkg which starts frm wk 12 till delivery for $350 but consultation ($60 each time) and med (3mths supply, not sure hw much) are not included.. and he only delivers at mt e! more ex than Thomson Medical Center and mt a right??

TIA ladies!

Hi dear, my gynae is Dr Adrian Tan from TMC, ACJ Clinic. He is known to be a happy / cheerful doctor who makes my pregnancy and delivery goes through like a breeze. His antenatal package starts from week 20 onwards, costs $588, including consultation, scans, urine tests etc. The only thing that is not included are the medication. :)

mrsmorgan

im considering dr. adrian woodworth as his clinic is in cck which is quite convenient for me.. and he can deliver at mt a or tmc.. still looking at other gynaes to compare though.. =)

shazcheng

my gynae is Dr Sim Lee Ngor from Thomson Medical Center.. she is quite good... dont't know if she got deliver at mt a anot..

Same here... seeing Dr Sim Lee Ngor... Wat i know.. she only deliver in Thomson... next visit i check with the assistants... she is good, paid attention to patient needs..

hui_ru_88

i talked to hubby about it and he told me to research on other gynaes if i want to and we shall compare.. but i hav to go to sis-in-law's gynae tomorrow morn first.. they want me to go to him just because he gives med to protect e womb or make your womb stronger or something.. like as if other gynaes wont give you that med! *rolls eyes*

so pls help me out guys.. i need a good and reliable gynae, even if it's a guy.. whose clinic is in west or central and charges reasonably.. my sis-in-law's gynae offers an antenatal scanning pkg which starts frm wk 12 till delivery for $350 but consultation ($60 each time) and med (3mths supply, not sure hw much) are not included.. and he only delivers at mt e! more ex than Thomson Medical Center and mt a right??

TIA ladies!
Mount E is more expensive than Gleneagles, East Shore, Mount Alvernia and Thomson Medical Center.

When I delivered my daughter in Mount E last year May, I took double room. On top of that, I had normal delivery and epidural. Total bill was $4.5k (include gynae delivery charges and anesthetist charges).

Hope this information does help you.

vonn81

The gynae that I went to for my pregnancy was Dr Irene Chua frm The Private Suite, normally I go to see her on Thurs.....she is very good, and as for complaints of service, hmmm I think it depends on your choice and how you look at it & your expectations, there's some complaints also frm other hospitals, for me I had a good experience at Kandang Kerbau Hospital and will definitely go back there when I have 2nd child....:tlaugh:

Btw, my sis delivered both her kids at Kandang Kerbau Hospital too.........

ConGrats....enjoy your pregnancy.....

Yup i agreed... Its depends on how u look on it. So far i have good experience with KKH too. I also recommend Dr. Irene Chua. I'm very comfortable with her. I'm lucky to random pick her as my gynae. I will definitely go to her again if i have my 2nd child too:tlaugh:....LOL

New Daddy

Alpha Male
Yes Yes. My wife is with Dr Chua Yang, as recommended by SHESPICE. Her Clinic is at Chun Tin Road, opp Beauty World. No compaints at all about her. She looks authoritative and confident, like evrything is under control, which gives us a lot of confidence in her. She asked many many questions during the first consultation, as if wanting to be on top of things. We like her very much.

Heard from her nurse she's very competent in language proficiency too, English, Mandarin (very good), French and Japanese. Ha ha. Highly recommended. She delivers at TMC, Mt A and Gleneagles. We will most likely choose Mt A from the feedback received on this forum.

mrsmorgan

Yes Yes. My wife is with Dr Chua Yang, as recommended by SHESPICE. Her Clinic is at Chun Tin Road, opp Beauty World. No compaints at all about her. She looks authoritative and confident, like evrything is under control, which gives us a lot of confidence in her. She asked many many questions during the first consultation, as if wanting to be on top of things. We like her very much.

Heard from her nurse she's very competent in language proficiency too, English, Mandarin (very good), French and Japanese. Ha ha. Highly recommended. She delivers at Thomson Medical Center, Mt A and Gleneagles. We will most likely choose Mt A from the feedback received on this forum.
thought of going to her too but i think her charges are quite high..

stonston

The medicine to 'strengthen' womb is Duphaston. There's pros & cons. There are alot of mummies I know who are strongly against taking it.

Do rest well, drink more water. Take more fruits & vegetables. Dun forget FOLIC ACID.

matka

im considering dr. adrian woodworth as his clinic is in chua chu kang which is quite convenient for me.. and he can deliver at mt a or Thomson Medical Center.. still looking at other gynaes to compare though.. =)
Hi Mrsmorgan

I have a friend who's going to Adrian Woodworth and I've heard good things about him. He's the no-nonsense type though (which some people like), so you'd probably have to get used to his style in case you're expecting a chatty doc. :)

mrsmorgan

thks for all e info guys.. ive decided to go to dr adrian woodworth. i somehow managed to convince my hubby.. haha! will be seeing him this sat morn! =)

Just tested positive last night.. And it's my first!! Currently looking for a gynae who delivers at mt a.. Any suggestions? Im staying in Jurong btw.. And I prefer a female gynae.. Thks in advance!!

:wong19:
Congrates Morsmorgan!!! Welcome to motherhood exciting journey. 1st BB yeah yeah :Dancing_wub: Mine is also 1st bb and I'm into my 13th wk. My gyane is Dr Ang Huai Yan at Gleneagles Medical Centre. She deliver at GlenE, Mt A & TMC. I like her gentleness (cos many female gyane can be quite rough) and have that personal touch. She has 2 clinics; at Raffles Place and GlenE Medical Centre. Her pkg start fm wk 12 and cost about $600. Her nurse Julia is very friendly and Dr Ang will usually call me back to answer my questions after she finish off with her patient. Her website: International Women's Clinic. Take Care!

mrsmorgan

i hav a prob now.. i told my boss abt my preg n he seems 50-50.. if i cant continue workin there, i dont think i can get another job! how??? i cant afford to not work!!

hueychye79

Congratulation!!!

Enjoy your mothermood.

I am also a first time mtb, at this point most important thing is your baby.

We can't control the decision from the management, just take whatever the god arrange for you.

huiyin87

huh? wat cpy u wkn in?
i tgt govt protects wkn woman, as in once cpy noes we r preggy and if they decide to terminate our service, they have to compensate us all e way till after birth with 4mths of ML..
try toking it out with ur boss, i m sure he will understand?
all woman do get preggy, cant be ur boss will sack all of them ba..
dun be afraid k, jia you!!!

u gg to dr adrain this sat morning?
suppose u gg to CCK clinic coz u looking for west gynae?
i staying at jurong west, be gg to him on tue morning..
too bad not same day, else maybe we might run into each other! hehe

i hav a prob now.. i told my boss about my preg and he seems 50-50.. if i cant continue workin there, i dont think i can get another job! how??? i cant afford to not work!!

mrsmorgan

huh? what cpy you wkn in?
i together govt protects wkn woman, as in once cpy noes we are preggy and if they decide to terminate our service, they have to compensate us all e way till after birth with 4mths of ML..
try talking it out with your boss, i m sure he will understand?
all woman do get preggy, cant be your boss will sack all of them ..
dont be afraid k, jia you!!!

you gg to dr adrain this sat morning?
suppose you gg to chua chu kang clinic coz you looking for west gynae?
i staying at jurong west, be gg to him on tue morning..
too bad not same day, else maybe we might run into each other! hehe
i lost my job alr.. i just started wk so there's nothing i can do abt it.. i checked MOM's law.. haizz.. i wonder if i can get a partime job somewhere..

im staying in jwest too! maybe we might run into each other at his clinic nxt time! how far along are u anyway?

huiyin87

oh dun tink too much, juz enjoy ur pregnancy.. maybe find some deskbound temp job for like 2 mths? i tink most agency have such lobang.. my frien juz gt a temp job for 2 mths too..

wat u mean by how far along?
like how many weeks preggy is it? i am nt preggy nw
i just given birth 2 mths ago, dr adrain make an appt for me to go back for pap smear test.. which is on this coming tue..

i lost my job already.. i just started wk so there's nothing i can do about it.. i checked MOM's law.. haizz.. i wonder if i can get a partime job somewhere..

im staying in jwest too! maybe we might run into each other at his clinic nxt time! how far along are you anyway?

mrsmorgan

oh dont tink too much, just enjoy your pregnancy.. maybe find some deskbound temp job for like 2 mths? i tink most agency have such lobang.. my frien just gt a temp job for 2 mths too..

what you mean by how far along?
like how many weeks preggy is it? i am not preggy now
i just given birth 2 mths ago, dr adrain make an appt for me to go back for pap smear test.. which is on this coming tue..
yup im looking for a partime job now.. i hate pap smears!! haha!