Only child

bpquek

I was thinking if one day we were all gone and left with #1 alone, so had been considering and considering to have #2, that's why my elder ds and 2nd ds gap so far. How my elder ds can't wait that his bro will grow up faster so that he has his bro to play with.

Agreed that siblings fighting among each other, just like my il's siblings. Siblings' conflict was due to how parent treat and lead each and other child.

Mrs Xie

I was thinking if one day we were all gone and left with #1 alone, so had been considering and considering to have #2, that's why my elder ds and 2nd ds gap so far. How my elder ds can't wait that his bro will grow up faster so that he has his bro to play with.

Agreed that siblings fighting among each other, just like my il's siblings. Siblings' conflict was due to how parent treat and lead each and other child.
Hmm.... you have a point there... my dd will be left alone if one day we're gone.... but.... I hope by then she got happily married lah.... or maybe make her married off early? Whahha.... just kidding.

MioPio

LoVeS Re: Only child
another prob for only child is tat they will b over pampered end up bcome pampered kid or spoilt brats.

Unquote

I have to disagree with this statement because I don't over pampered my child. I have friends who are only child and they grew up very well mannered, well balanced adults.

LoVeS

I have to disagree with this statement because I don't over pampered my child. I have friends who are only child and they grew up very well mannered, well balanced adults.
FYI i didnt say ALL child will turn spoilt brat juz tt i say ONLY child might face tis prob.

MioPio

Hi

Yes, I agree with you that only child 'might' face this problem. I disagree with your earlier post because it is written 'they will b over pampered...' which implies the only child will have this problem and that is not true.

Mrs Xie

JMHO, all adults and kids are individual..... so maybe only child or not isn't the main issue..... :001_302:

Last edited:

Endoh

Alpha Male
I am not the only child, but I am the only son in the family and I am already feeling a little "out". It's quite unlike my pals with fellow brothers in their family, especially I am already on bad terms with my elder sister. With this issue, I already forsee I will be very much alone by myself with my own family and my in laws (if I have one even...) after my own parents are gone.

Just in case anyone is trying to digest what I am trying to say, I meant even if more children it is not a guarantee things will be better. Really depends on how life pave out for all of us and our children.

missbluey

both hubby and i are only child, i hoping to have 2 kids as i find being an only child is really boring. most people would think that being the only child will be overly pampered or spoil brat, but i am not. my parents are very strict with me and raised me well. =p

currently, i am contented having my little boy. hehe. perhaps in 2-3 years time bah.

Mrs Xie

both hubby and i are only child, i hoping to have 2 kids as i find being an only child is really boring. most people would think that being the only child will be overly pampered or spoil brat, but i am not. my parents are very strict with me and raised me well. =p

currently, i am contented having my little boy. hehe. perhaps in 2-3 years time bah.
Hmm... true, some parents would be more strict to their only child and some will pamper them... depends.

CanCanMum

my son is fine with him being the only one...perhaps he is too young at an age to know what is companionship...

SH74

having only 1 can b v lonely. n become kor tak. but to me, wat's more impt is that, if we (as his parents) got health or $$ prob, our only child will b v heavily burdened n stressed. no 1 to help him. that'll b a big reason y i'll want no. 2.