PD or poly clinic?

trendy

Hi can anyone tell me wat is the diff between bringing baby for an injection to PD or polyclinic? Wat is the price diff? Is the doc at polyclinic as good as PD? Wat is waiting time at polyclinic for baby?

MrsNeo

the difference, guess is polyclinic every visit different doctors.. and pd is standard the doctor you want. service different too!

PD would be better =) to me, i find that polyclinic very rude sometimes and really long waiting hours!! the price difference by alot.

i brought my girl to PD for her jab.. total package cost abt $450. and polyclinic total is about $300+ only? around there.. not very sure.

hope it helps ;)

babypris86

polyclinic normally by appointment it can be faster. PD wise , for any injection need to pay but polyclinic is free de

elmo168

I bring my son to PD and the 5-in-1 package is abt $500. I was later told that polyclinic is abt $300++. Well, due to the popularity of the PD, I still have to wait for min 1hr even when I have made the appt. My colleague went to the polyclinic and she think it is ok.

CanCanMum

Hi can anyone tell me wat is the diff between bringing baby for an injection to PD or polyclinic? Wat is the price diff? Is the doc at polyclinic as good as PD? Wat is waiting time at polyclinic for baby?
Doc at polyclinic is not always the same one that you will be seeing...meaning they do not know u or yr baby.

Injection wise polyclinic is cheaper. They do not offer 6 in 1, only 5 in 1. I dun rem paying for the injection leh (Is it deducted somewhere??? - canx rem)....i only paid for Meningtitis (Optional) injection. Nurses do the injection for your baby, not doctors. They will also conduct growth assessment on your baby.

Waiting time may be 15mins or 1 hour, depending on how punctual you are or which session you booked the appointment at. I always book the first time slot so that i dun need to wait for previous pple to finish theirs.

When my boy is sick, i will bring him to my trusted GP whom i visited since i was a kid. So far he is good with my son.

JuzAngel

Poly clinic muz pay lah.. (maybe u r utilizing your BB bonus or u r hospital / gov't staff?) n yes at a lower cost.. via appt is faster, can register an hr b4 appt time. Only basic 5in1 r offered, coz 6in1 r pretty new n extension clinic trials r still in progress (but general safe w/ ~2yrs clinic data collected so far)
To mi a jab is a jab do it anywhere is sama sama lah..
I bring my BB to PD onli if it's serious or persistant illness.
Hope this helps :001_302:

stonston

Polyclinics NOW offer 5-in-1 & 6-in-1.
If i rmb correctly, prices are:
5-in-1 $280 (3 jabs plus 1 booster)
6-in-1 $320 (3 jabs plus 1 booster)

GP/PDs charge $450-700 for 3 jabs only, boosters not included.

@ polyclinic, compulsory jabs like MMR are FREE. GP/PD u must pay for it (tink is ard $100/jab)

and they don't realli need to see the doc for jabs, it is the growth assessment which is pretty much the same everywhere. only if u suspect problem then maybe can spend more bring to PD to check it out. Other than that, polyclinic is ok.

Waiting time for jab at polyclinic is fast. if u got appt n reach 5-10 min b4 appt, u can leave e place within 20-25min fm e time u reach. i always get 3+pm appt, nobody de. i tink morning is slightly more crowded.

& payment is made upfront, so after jab can go off, no payment needed. & can pay by baby bonus also :D

CanCanMum

yeah yeah now u mentioned i rem paying. :p

yes i paid around tat px for polyclinic 5 in 1, and meningtittis $150....

but consultations and fever medicine is all FOC....

heeeee

JuzAngel

erm....nope....just memory failing.....:001_302:
:001_302: sometimes it happens ya.. to mi too :Dancing_tongue:
err.. consultations n fever medicine also muz pay de wor.. but norminal fee onli..

fyi.. The National Childhood Immunisation Programme (NCIP) has been in place in Singapore for several decades. It is based on the recommendation of Singapore's Expert Committee on Immunisation and the World Health Organisation.
The NCIP offers immunisations against:
Tuberculosis
Hepatitis B
Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis
Poliomyelitis
Measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)

Only diphtheria and measles immunisations are compulsory by law.
All immunisations under the NCIP (except Hepatitis B) are fully subsidised and provided free of charge at all polyclinics to children who are Singaporeans. Medisave can be claimed for Hepatitis B vaccine.
Source:
Child Health Surveillance Programme - Children's Health - NHG Polyclinics

Last edited:

shooting star

Hi Mummies,

Im new to this forum and currently my baby is 1 and half month old. Could anyone advise me when should I start to bring my baby for the vaccinations? Also do most mummies opt for 5 in 1 or 6 in 1 vaccinations as Im at loss which to take up..

Thanks!!

CanCanMum

if u r going to Polyclinics to take the jab, they only offer 5 in 1

if u r planning to go to private PDs, they offer 6 in 1

if i dun rem wrongly, my boy had his first 5 in 1 jab at 2 or 3m, 2nd 5 in 1 jab at 4m and Hep B booster jab at 6m, one more jab at 9m or somedin, and meningitis at 6-7m, chicken pox at 18 months. First 1.5 years is always visits to doc for growth assessment and jabs. Did doc gave u a health booklet for follow up?

after tat will be at 3 months, 4 months and last one at 6months

I bought my bb for 6 in1 injection at poly clinic and cost 326. i find the service is good n waiting hour is short

I bought my bb to see PD when she was sick. one PD at clementis.. she is very rude... :( but the PD at Jurong east is very friendly

iwan2noe

Polyclinics NOW offer 5-in-1 & 6-in-1.
If i rmb correctly, prices are:
5-in-1 $280 (3 jabs plus 1 booster)
6-in-1 $320 (3 jabs plus 1 booster)

GP/PDs charge $450-700 for 3 jabs only, boosters not included.

@ polyclinic, compulsory jabs like MMR are FREE. GP/pediatrician you must pay for it (tink is around $100/jab)

and they dont't really need to see the doc for jabs, it is the growth assessment which is pretty much the same everywhere. only if you suspect problem then maybe can spend more bring to pediatrician to check it out. Other than that, polyclinic is ok.

Waiting time for jab at polyclinic is fast. if you got appt n reach 5-10 min before appt, you can leave e place within 20-25min fm e time you reach. i always get 3+pm appt, nobody . i tink morning is slightly more crowded.

& payment is made upfront, so after jab can go off, no payment needed. & can pay by baby bonus also :D
Hi stonston,
may I know which polyclinic did u visit?

iwan2noe

Hi hi,

I have a friend whose gp/pd charge the same price for the jabs taken at polyclinic and i know at polyclinic usually the nurses adminster the jabs while for gp/pd, the doc themselves will do the intjection...

So some lucky parents stay near to clinic(s) offering cheap and good injections and waiting time is also much minimised...

Anyone can recommend any good pd/gp in the west that charge reasonably for the jabs?

Thanks so mcuh! =)

Hi can anyone tell me what is the diff between bringing baby for an injection to pediatrician or polyclinic? what is the price diff? Is the doc at polyclinic as good as pediatrician? what is waiting time at polyclinic for baby?

for injection, go polyclinic will do, i bring son to bukit batok polyclinic for jab. but if sick i bring son to PD coz poly clinic medicine is more for children, not infant and the doctor at polyclinic is lousy! dont know how to administrate the medicine, ask me ask pharmacy, so pissed! and for injection, u wont get to see doctor unless the nurse refer u to the doc. but jab at polyclinic is faster and cheaper coz there are different section at bt batok. level 2 for jab, if need to see doc then can c level 2 doc (better), if sick then is refer to leve l1 doc, lousy.

hope this helps.