Plain water

yummy mummy

Me too, i'm total BFing Bianca too. Does dray drink alot now?? How many times a day?? She is drinking 3-4 times a day. but she drink very fast leh...10 mins done with both. sometimes even shorter...tried giving her FM, but she refuse totally...doc told me actually after 1 yr of BF, the milk has not much nutrients already. so i'm confuse dunno to continue or intro FM...when do u plan to stop??
dray drinks a lot!
even aft eating his solids, he still seeks BM!
but sometimes, yeah....he drinks a while then done already! i feel like a water cooler! hahahaa.... he latches on very frequently...

doc is right, they need iron, protein, zinc, etc...so i give him chicken, fish, lentils, and so on in his meals, to make up for whatever nutrients is not sufficient in BM.

i hope to BM for as long as possible! my fren's wife BF her daughter for 4 years! :elvis: if i can be as lucky i'll be happy!

but my choice to total BF is quite a challenge. because he is fully BFed, dray is leaner and smaller than his peers, so comments made by some pple can be quite hurtful...but oh well...as long as my baby is healthy, huh? who cares if he is not as fat or chubby as others? :001_302: but thankfully, DH and our folks are supportive...so yeah...

maybe for Bianca you can cont BF, but make up for the nutrients she needs thru solids? hv you introduced solids into her diet yet?

vonn81

dray drinks a lot!
even aft eating his solids, he still seeks BM!
but sometimes, yeah....he drinks a while then done already! i feel like a water cooler! hahahaa.... he latches on very frequently...

doc is right, they need iron, protein, zinc, etc...so i give him chicken, fish, lentils, and so on in his meals, to make up for whatever nutrients is not sufficient in BM.

i hope to BM for as long as possible! my fren's wife BF her daughter for 4 years! :elvis: if i can be as lucky i'll be happy!

but my choice to total BF is quite a challenge. because he is fully BFed, dray is leaner and smaller than his peers, so comments made by some pple can be quite hurtful...but oh well...as long as my baby is healthy, huh? who cares if he is not as fat or chubby as others? :001_302: but thankfully, DH and our folks are supportive...so yeah...

maybe for Bianca you can cont BF, but make up for the nutrients she needs thru solids? hv you introduced solids into her diet yet?

Thinking to stop i cant bear too!! But just scared that she doesn't get enough nutrients that she require althought i'm giving her quite a balance diet...Bianca is just 4 days younger than Dray eh!! Yup yup i agreed. BFed BB tends to be smaller and leaner than others. U know what Bianca is just 8.5 kg and standing at 73cm only. when i look at her bare body, i will wander she gets enough or not...BUT once i see her so active and leaning things well and does not fall sick so easily, even so was only slight flu/cough or fever (usually after jab) and it goes off fast. sometimes i don even need to feed her with medicine. And i know i'm right in doing/carry on with BFing....

yummy mummy

yes von...i feel the same way when i look at other fat and chubby babies who are bigger than dray altho they're younger...but i will keep telling myself, he has always been on the 50 percentile...so its okay ba..right? and his developments and milestones are faster if not normal....and he is healthy, so thats MOST important right? :)
come to think of it, he hasnt fallen sick at all! except a fever aft one of his jabs, bt thats expected...

so yeah...when i weigh in all the benefits of BF as opposed to FM...makes me more motivated to keep on BFding! jia you!! :tlaugh:

and another thing also is, i dont have any "pantang" when it comes to food with Dray. my late grammy used to tell me, if you wnt babies to put on weight healthily, don't have any "pantang", so i feed him bits of whatever it is we're eating.... :001_302: so yeah....i guess that'll give him added protein and zinc apart from his diet! lol...

hey, where do you staY BTW?

vonn81

yes von...i feel the same way when i look at other fat and chubby babies who are bigger than dray altho they're younger...but i will keep telling myself, he has always been on the 50 percentile...so its okay ba..right? and his developments and milestones are faster if not normal....and he is healthy, so thats MOST important right? :)
come to think of it, he hasnt fallen sick at all! except a fever aft one of his jabs, bt thats expected...

so yeah...when i weigh in all the benefits of BF as opposed to FM...makes me more motivated to keep on BFding! jia you!! :tlaugh:

and another thing also is, i dont have any "pantang" when it comes to food with Dray. my late grammy used to tell me, if you wnt babies to put on weight healthily, don't have any "pantang", so i feed him bits of whatever it is we're eating.... :001_302: so yeah....i guess that'll give him added protein and zinc apart from his diet! lol...

hey, where do you staY BTW?
ya especially when one thread in this forum ask abt bb weight and height...and i saw so many of them are way younger than Bianca and weighing the same as her...i got worried. She is also on the 50 percentile, my family doc said still acceptable lah..just feed her more lor..its not that i did nt give her more what, it also depends whether she wans it or not. nowadays she refuses her food. i dont wanna force her which i used to, cos i'm worried that she will not get enough mah, how to put on weight leh...but 1 day i convinced myself( after a mummy advise me on this forum) as long as she ate a few mouthful its enough. dont force her too hard.(got so angry and heartbroken becos i spent to much time preparing her food and read up to give her varietiess) so now i try to make the meal/feeding session more fun..i will control my anger not to scold her when she refused. instead i sing songs, play peekapoo...etc with her.

As for the "pangtang" thingy ... i wont say i'm lah. Just that i'm quite strict on her diet. becos i've read many bb books they mentioned alot on bb should not be introduce with salt, sugar or any seasoning until they are older. thats y all her food i will use stocks( chicken/pork) and by adding sweetcorn, wolfberries etc . to make it taste sweeter. and i do not give her outside food before she turns one. even now i din lah, only give her abit to try ( those that i think is ok). i'm already trying to loosen abit compared to last time. Haha!! I just wanna build up a strong foundation mah, cos i'm sure next time she will eat many junks...lolz

Oh i'm staying at sembawang...('',)

yummy mummy

ya especially when one thread in this forum ask abt bb weight and height...and i saw so many of them are way younger than Bianca and weighing the same as her...i got worried. She is also on the 50 percentile, my family doc said still acceptable lah..just feed her more lor..its not that i did nt give her more what, it also depends whether she wans it or not. nowadays she refuses her food. i dont wanna force her which i used to, cos i'm worried that she will not get enough mah, how to put on weight leh...but 1 day i convinced myself( after a mummy advise me on this forum) as long as she ate a few mouthful its enough. dont force her too hard.(got so angry and heartbroken becos i spent to much time preparing her food and read up to give her varietiess) so now i try to make the meal/feeding session more fun..i will control my anger not to scold her when she refused. instead i sing songs, play peekapoo...etc with her.

As for the "pangtang" thingy ... i wont say i'm lah. Just that i'm quite strict on her diet. becos i've read many bb books they mentioned alot on bb should not be introduce with salt, sugar or any seasoning until they are older. thats y all her food i will use stocks( chicken/pork) and by adding sweetcorn, wolfberries etc . to make it taste sweeter. and i do not give her outside food before she turns one. even now i din lah, only give her abit to try ( those that i think is ok). i'm already trying to loosen abit compared to last time. Haha!! I just wanna build up a strong foundation mah, cos i'm sure next time she will eat many junks...lolz

Oh i'm staying at sembawang...('',)
dray eats very little too, and it can be quite disheartening also. but i must always remember, they hve such tiny tummys, they cant always finish the portions we set out for them. :tlaugh:what i do is increase frequency of meals. since he eat such tiny portions each time, i feed him more frequently. as long as he finishes about 3/4 of the portion i have set aside for the day, i am happy!

a lot of mommies will frown on me, i know! lol..
i guess i'm just very relaxed when it comes to what i feed him, as long as its not spicy or anything! :tlaugh: i do give him the occasional ice cream :elvis: flavored drinks :001_302: and chocolates! :tlaugh:

i'm a terrible mom, some might say! lol....

vonn81

dray eats very little too, and it can be quite disheartening also. but i must always remember, they hve such tiny tummys, they cant always finish the portions we set out for them. :tlaugh:what i do is increase frequency of meals. since he eat such tiny portions each time, i feed him more frequently. as long as he finishes about 3/4 of the portion i have set aside for the day, i am happy!

a lot of mommies will frown on me, i know! lol..
i guess i'm just very relaxed when it comes to what i feed him, as long as its not spicy or anything! :tlaugh: i do give him the occasional ice cream :elvis: flavored drinks :001_302: and chocolates! :tlaugh:

i'm a terrible mom, some might say! lol....
Well. actually no right/wrong. i do not think u r terrible mom...cos u mean well for ur boy definitely. No mummy wans to hurt their precious. Since u wanna follow wat ur late granny said, by all means...actually wat parents do in the past ( like mine) they feed watever things they eat for their children. just a mouthful of a lick they are happy. thats why when i forbid this forbid that my mum will grumble and say to my gal: aiyo...u very pity leh...cannot eat this cannot eat that. but i explain to her my concern. she will definitely hav her chance to taste those food just that not now only mah...but i'm already slowly lettin her try what we are eating...hehe...