Ppl touching your belly?

shandy83

Hi mothers to be..

anyone have this problem of frens/relatives or anyone, even those hi by frens who likes to touch your belly?

Its getting kind of irritated when some hands land on my tummy touching them and asking how many mths le?

how to ask them to keep their hands out politely???

jespang

How many mths are u pregnant? Simply dun understand y people enjoy touching pregnant woman's tummy?

I remembered I borrowed a bk from library and it stated several ways to tell people to buzz off... (cant recall the bk title)... one way is whenever they touch ur tummy, u just pretend to be in pain and said "ouch" then I guess they will step back...LOL...

apollo

actu i'm okay with ppl touching my preggie belly as long as is NOT strangers! hahaha! but i will feel more irritated if ppl keep guess the gender of my baby just by judging my belly shape. cos tt time even AFTER my detailed scan, it showed tt i was carrying a boy, ppl still can say "not accurate, cos ur tummy i round, must be a girl" i think tt's more irritating. :tlaugh:

luvjoanne

actually i dont mind ppl touching my belly. i'm always touching mine haha. but when ladies touch, i'll warn them "Touch already will get pregnant one!!!"
then usually they will back off and *touch wood*
LOL.. cos' i touched my sis' belly and i got pregnant. and another few incidents whereby frens/colleagues touch other pregnant women's tummy and they themselves got pregnant haha.. so i think this is a way to "chase" ppl off though i didnt mean to chase them off.. meant to disturb more :p

shopaholic

Like you, I dont like it but I understand, it's a challenge to voice out politely without offending them. Why I dont like it? Simply because they are touching me and I feel it's an invasion of privacy. I know people mean well, but I'd rather not. But if it's close friends or colleagues (females) and if they ask, usually I will oblige.

Gem2505

so far i dont have such problem. usually im the one whom ask people to touch when baby kicks. lol. but of coz ask those close frens, my mum n my hubby lo. think if u're uncomfortable to let people touch, den try reacting faster lo.. before their hand comes, u turn ur body first. lol. try to SIAM their hand.
anyway, im in 21 weeks but my tummy is damn small type. take train time still nobody give up seat for me.. think people thinks its more like FATS than being pregnant. haiz!

sunburst

Being a mummy of 2 boys... I still don't understand why does a preggy tummy seem to invite ppl to touch. Honestly I don't like it, unless it's a close friend or close relative. It felt very intrusive. Also I didn't like my younger sister touching my tummy, coz she always rubs it quite hard (like how you rub your hair dry)... I remember telling her not to do it and not to be mean to preggy mummies or she will suffer next time. Dunno if my words came true or what coz she's now having some difficulties trying for a bb.

My way of preventing it to happen is to usually put my arms around my tummy... looks weird but I guess it does help.

shandy83

actually i dun mind letting ppl touch if they asked in advance. at least i could guide their hands to my tummy. The force they used will be min..

Ppl tend to be like, see u ask u how many mths and the next thing u know it, their hands is already stroking my tummy...

weirdo...

next time i must say the same thing..touch liao will get preggy de! lol.

rainbow123

Actually i warn them first .
When they see my tummy , the first thing they say is . very big hor .
Immediately i will say "cannot touch " :001_302:

keefu

Actually I don't mind it but I felt a bit awkward when they try to expect some 'stunts' from my baby in my tummy but there is none to show them. Haha... And I also encounter people who feel afraid to touch my tummy instead!

Last edited:

joelhoon

So far no one dare to touch my tummy..
I look weak.. anytime will faint...whahahaa~~!

When i walk all the way into my office building from the bus stop..got some one aproach me and as if i am well...am i going to faint..

Only one gal at work, she just reach her hand out and touch my tummy and scare the hell out of me...my expression was in shock i guess..she remove her hand instantly and ...so far...no one dare to touch my tummy even that i invited them to do so...whahhaa

Triquetra

I don't mind people touching my belly and usually it's only closer female friends that will try to touch. I also touch my friend's belly, I guess it still overwhelms me and it's incredible that there's a new life within this belly.

I dun mind if its plp i know and if its plp who bother to ask before they touch, what i can't std are strangers... there was once, this maid( i dunno frm which country) was asking if i was carrying twins, say so big, it took me a while to figure out what she was saying and part of her hand was on my tummy lioa... I din't feel v comfortable about that since i dunno her at all, just a stranger in the lift...

joelhoon

Hmmmm..now, people start to comment that my tummy is small at 18 week and start to put they hand on my tummy...

I just warn them : No touching please, i am not comfortable with people touching my body..."
Then they paishe....

I only allow my Hubby and the one and only buddy of mine to touch my tummy at home.

My parent and the in law very pandang..they don't allow anyone even myself to touch my tummy....hais

keefu

Hmmmm..now, people start to comment that my tummy is small at 18 week and start to put they hand on my tummy...

I just warn them : No touching please, i am not comfortable with people touching my body..."
Then they paishe....

I only allow my Hubby and the one and only buddy of mine to touch my tummy at home.

My parent and the in law very pandang..they dont't allow anyone even myself to touch my tummy....hais
Lol really don't know there are actually many mtbs don't like people to touch tummy, luckily I never do that before I was pregnant...

But how come cannot touch own tummy? If nt harder to track our baby's development mah...

joelhoon

I never dare to touch any preggie mommy's tummy...i scare....

Ya...so when i front of them i don't touch lo..sometime feel the drag down feeling use my hand to support my lower tummy..also kena says....hais...
I ask them mah..so bath that time cannot "sabun" my tummy la?

keefu

Maybe the feeling of touching belly is weird? Lol...

Support tummy also cannot? Like that how to saying baby? Even I bathe I also touch my tummy to interact with baby and tell him that mummy going to work, or ask how is he, etc... Also a good way to track his "sense of direction"...

eowyn

Hmm... actually i don't mind pple touching my tummy if i know that person. I myself love to touch my preggy friends' tummies. :mtongue:

hey mummies....

juz to share.... i have touch my sis tummy too, she was 27 wk pregnant... and today i have checked... i was pregnant keke... which i try for awhile... keke...