Prenatal Massage

January84

pre-massage improves blood circulation, improve sleep order, relieve water retention, aches in tailbone, backache, neck, arms, thighs, massage on head and tummy too.

Massage on tummy like "sohing" like that, and when BB born and u "soh" on BB, they feel very "familiar" hahaah...

I started in 20 weeks and once a month, now i am going once a week to clear the sessions before I delivered as my post-natal massage will be doing at home,

Cheyenne

Hi Min,
That is really cheap.... Can you recommend yours ? I in 17th week now and keen to start soon as low backache is getting worse.
Got budget constraint, hence can't spend too much. Many thanks.

January84

i started mine in 4th months. I took a package of 10 sessions and went once a month, sometimes twice. I still left 1 session =)

very shiok. and mine is a request therapist, so she will know where u want to massage more, and no need ask so many qns each time..

Cakhcakh

i am using one javanese massage fm Indon. She is really gd and do not charge charge high. her charges only 30-40. i was trying to hv baby for 8-10years, after a few massage from her i am now 22weeks pregnant. She will masssage yr tummy and also correct baby position. Her contact 6445 8621

jojoki

me went for thai foot massage since 1st month pregnant (at tht time din now pregnant) after i found out i continue to go but told them i pregnant so they avoid certain points. I went for my entire 1st trimester.. then I stop cos I came back to singapore and counldnt find another thai masserur. Nowadays bopian ask hubby do... super lousy!! but better nothing lar! ;P

ger-mummy

hi Min,

I started prenatal massage after 20weeks for both preganancies. Relieves body aches and feels better after each session. This time I source for cheaper ones - mine comes to my place for 1hr at $30 :)

can i have the contact no? Thank You!

joanne123

Like somebody said in the posts above, I wouldn't get a massage in the first trimester, but afterwards if the masseuse is gentle and careful I think it's ok. I have been getting massages during my first two pregnancies and they have certainly helped easy the backpain and relieve stress. The last couple of times I went to get the massage, the massage therapist had a massage table specifically designed for prenatal massages. It had a special hole for the stomach with a cradle of sorts that allowed me to lay face down. The stomach lays in the cradle and it's pretty comfortable. It certainly was better than just laying on the side. I actually wrote down the model of the massge table because I wanted to see if I could get one to have in the house. (I am lucky to have a husband who gives me amazing massages). It turned out to be a little more expensive than what I was going to spend, but if anyone is interested here is the link to where they are sold: Close Horizon -- Prenatal Massage Tables

It's made by a company called Close Horizon but my massage therapist said other companies make these too.

-Joanne

kathyrick

just sharing..
Charlie's Angels Qualified,Experience Aunties massage skill and technique in my opinion is the very best
prenatal & postnatal massage.
I have had a massage with various massage ladies with my 1st baby being recommend to
and have found no one who compares to the massage I have had 2nd baby with charlies angels massage aunties.
their techniques work in prenatal massage helps my leg, hip & my back pain is incredible.
very good full body massage from head to toes,also incredible. .
I would recommend Charlies Angels to anyone in need of real “Best” massage ladies.
I can finally stop hunting around for a massage ladies I trust!"
Try them, you will be glad you did." Mdm Jumie( 9165 2026 )Mdm Izah( 8452 9747 )Mdm Marz( 8205 6426 ).

varadidie

Im in my 13th weeks and experiencing backache/leg ache frequently. I tried to source for massage ladies who could massage during early pregnancy. Some suggested me to start later, after 5 months. But I doubt I could wait that long..

First I called Jamu wellness, they are willing to take in reservation, as early as 3.5 month pregnant.. but downside is that the cost is s$80 (exclude 10% discount for first timer). Quite expensive, hence decided to call other therapist recommended here.

Mdm Jumie (recommended by KathyRick) was more than willing to accept my booking, and she could come to my house the same night!! ..... I just ended the massage session (which lasted longer than agreed; supposed to be 1.5 hours, but ended later than that. lols.. My body felt more lighter now, and i felt so relaxing. Thanks Kathy Rick..

She put a not so hard, but not too soft either pressure on all over the body. In between, she did ask if the pressure is comfortable, and she is willing to adapt to your liking...She did not touch my reflex point hard (just rub it few times, as well as tummy area and hence I felt that the whole procedure is safe. I have also checked with my gynae (Currently visiting Dr Wong Mun that) and he mentioned that it should be fine, as long as they didnt touch the tummy area... The gynae I went earlier, for pregnancy confirmation test, (Dr Tho) also mentioned the same thing, to avoid tummy area, and hence i feel it should be fine.. :Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue:

Last edited:

dpng

i do massage for my wife, save money... at the same sing a little bit of ABC's to let baby hear. anyone care to share any tips on massaging?
:001_302:

Pregnant Daddy
HI,

I think it's not just the cost when the daddy massage for the mummy..My hubby massage me as well during my pregnancy. I feel very nice and care for when he massage me. It's not the same when u pay someone to massage u. It's the feeling of being loved and appreciated when he massage me. As for tips, try to avoid the heels and the ankles as these areas are said to be linked to contraction of the uterus. Hope this helps...=)

Jovy

i was too tired to go to the massuer, i called e malay massage lady to my place...$50 per session...very good! n i decided to use her for post natal massage cos i like her pre natal massage n am comfy with her....
Hi do you have her contact?? Thanks Jovy

any recommendations for a good masseuse? i'm 18wks pregnant and just relocated here in SG. probably something around $30-$50 preferrably home service. i'm from the east btw. thanks in advance =)

Carlisle

Pregnancy massage has been found to reduce stress, decrease swelling in the arms and legs, and relieve aches and pains in muscles and joints.