Question on boarding bus with BB

angelwendy

Hi all mummies.. i always have this question in my mind... when go out alone with ur baby... do u take bus with stroller?? is it allow to board?? because my house to mrt is 2 bus stop away.. but if i walk.. it is quite far.. & i don't wanna take cab always.. as cab nowdays is quite ex.. so thinking of taking bus to the mrt station.... i was thinking of carry my baby in carrier... then i close the stroller.. then board the bus... what do u mummies think?? anyone try before?:tlaugh: thanks

PTB7476

bus is not a place for stroller and it will create alot of inconvenience for yourself and other passenger

angelwendy

bus is not a place for stroller and it will create alot of inconvenience for yourself and other passenger
Oh .. hehe.. i forget u r not a stroller person... :tlaugh: That's y i'm asking mummy with stroller who even did this before.. & as in inconvenience for others... u mean.. even mummies with stroller on MRT also??

Last edited:

joeybeadz

I used stroller on bus and mrt too. Just don't bother the stares around.. anyway you are alighting very soon.

Nowadays, I use baby carrier if I go out with my bb. :) But I still use stroller. You have to walk a bit further to the lift in the train station, that's all.

angelwendy

I used stroller on bus and mrt too. Just dont't bother the stares around.. anyway you are alighting very soon.

Nowadays, I use baby carrier if I go out with my baby. :) But I still use stroller. You have to walk a bit further to the lift in the train station, that's all.

Yes joey.. thanks for this nice answer... because my house here.. the bus quite empty.. so i tht take bus will be a good ideal... just that i scare.. haha.. never tried before...

jasobias

yup u cld carry a closed stroller up a bus..esp if its only 2 stops.
As for causing inconveniences to others..well if its a need then there is not much choice..go ahead wendy

Yes, agreed. Just 2 bus-stop. I dont think close stroller will cause any inconvenience to other passenger. Maybe I think some people will give your hand if they see you alone with baby and carry so many things.

angelwendy

There is always a first time. I remembered I was very excited to go out ALONE with her. haa.. But it was fun.
Actually i go out with my boy alone quite often.. that's is y i was thinking on cutting cost on cab... if i don't try.. i will never try... u get what i mean? hehe..

angelwendy

Yes, agreed. Just 2 bus-stop. I dont think close stroller will cause any inconvenience to other passenger. Maybe I think some people will give your hand if they see you alone with baby and carry so many things.

yes i do see some helpful people too... & i'm glad... i also think y will cause inconvenience?

candy_ian

I haven't tried bringing stroller up a bus cos my son's not a pram baby. Anyway y not I've seen parents doing that as long as they close the pram.. It's suppose to b public transport so y bother inconvinience ppl anot.. The transport is for public.. As long as u close the pram n put it aside I don't c why cannot.. More n more ppl r doing it actually just like now trains n buses r more wheelchair friendly.. Don't tell me all wheelchair bounds must take cabs too in order not to inconvinience others?

i prefer use stroller, be it use mrt or bus, but for morning, i had no choice to carried my boy, because mrt too crowded, and its difficult for me to squeeze in if i am using stroller.

sometimes, I just close eyes, others will dont know how heavy if I carried my boy along the way... hahahaha my boy 12,5 kg sia, got backache if must carried everyday... :001_302:

PTB7476

Oh .. hehe.. i forget you r not a stroller person... :tlaugh: That's y i'm asking mummy with stroller who even did this before.. & as in inconvenience for others... you mean.. even mummies with stroller on MRT also??
:tlaugh:you remembered...

anyway it is your choice...like what others said it is public transport...dun have to care about the inconvenience who create for who...as long as you can get from point A to point B safety...by all means

DevilBen

Alpha Male
If i'm not wrong even foldable bicycles are allowed on public transport, so confirm they will allow foldable prams..

PinkDiamonds

When I brought DD out when she was younger, below 8-9 months, I seldom bring stroller cause I personally find it very troublesome, especially since the feeder bus to the interchange is always so crowded. If I bring pram, then I'll try to plan my timing so that it's off-peak hour, but also not much difference. Sometimes people help, sometimes they just stare like as if using eye power can help me. If you are going for a short trip can consider using a carrier but also need to get a good one otherwise you reach home whole body aching hahaha. As my DD got heavier I was wondering when is she going to walk at least when I take bus I can ask her to stand or don't need to bring stroller out lol.

I feel it's okay if you carry the folded pram up. Sometimes at the mall while waiting for lift if I see a lot of people waiting as well then I will carry DD and close the pram so that more people can go in.

I don't think everyone of us here can afford to drive a car every time we want to bring BB out, plus most likely the car is being used by hubby on weekdays. Cab is also not cheap. If you happen to be one of those who stay very far from the interchange, don't tell me you have to walk just because others feel you, baby & stroller are an inconvenience?

I think some people should think before making insensitive statements. It's this type of people who don't respect the needs of others that make Singaporeans all look so ungracious.

PinkDiamonds

On another note, I've also seen couples boarding bus with 1 baby/toddler. 1 adult is carrying the baby while they leave the pram/stroller open, & throughout the ride they have no intention of putting the child back in. THAT is causing inconvenience to others especially when the bus is crowded.

PTB7476

that's true... not everyone can afford car and even if they can afford it is often used by the hubby..but sometime we also must put ourselve in the shoe of other commuters, so what we have a baby ... and he/she need stroller ... we just have to find a way not to create inconvenience for others but unfortunate for some...just because they have young one and they expect the rest of the world to give in to them... It's this type of people who dont't respect the others that make Singaporeans all look so ugly . cos all they care is themselve haiz and these pple still dare to say other for making insensitive comment haiz... anyway it is just my personal opinion ...

anyway since others dun put their thoughts for others...why bother to put our thoughts for them :tlaugh:

candy_ian

When I brought dear daughter out when she was younger, below 8-9 months, I seldom bring stroller cause I personally find it very troublesome, especially since the feeder bus to the interchange is always so crowded. If I bring pram, then I'll try to plan my timing so that it's off-peak hour, but also not much difference. Sometimes people help, sometimes they just stare like as if using eye power can help me. If you are going for a short trip can consider using a carrier but also need to get a good one otherwise you reach home whole body aching hahaha. As my dear daughter got heavier I was wondering when is she going to walk at least when I take bus I can ask her to stand or dont't need to bring stroller out lol.

I feel it's okay if you carry the folded pram up. Sometimes at the mall while waiting for lift if I see a lot of people waiting as well then I will carry dear daughter and close the pram so that more people can go in.

I dont't think everyone of us here can afford to drive a car every time we want to bring baby out, plus most likely the car is being used by hubby on weekdays. Cab is also not cheap. If you happen to be one of those who stay very far from the interchange, dont't tell me you have to walk just because others feel you, baby & stroller are an inconvenience?

I think some people should think before making insensitive statements. It's this type of people who dont't respect the needs of others that make Singaporeans all look so ungracious.
i agree with u.. cabs r expensive now n dont tell me go marketing for groceries also must take cab? unless hubby is free to send u to n fro everywhere then needless to say loh.. morever there r ppl who cannot afford to buy their own car so have to rely on public transport.
as long as we try to minize the inconvience then y not? if dont close pram then its really inconsiderate but i personally find nothing wrong if we close the pram. :) i've even seen ppl bringing out babies on mrt with twin baby joggers!

candy_ian

that's true... not everyone can afford car and even if they can afford it is often used by the hubby..but sometime we also must put ourselve in the shoe of other commuters, so what we have a baby ... and he/she need stroller ... we just have to find a way not to create inconvenience for others but unfortunate for some...just because they have young one and they expect the rest of the world to give in to them... It's this type of people who dont't respect the others that make Singaporeans all look so ugly . cos all they care is themselve sigh and these pple still dare to say other for making insensitive comment sigh... anyway it is just my personal opinion ...

anyway since others dont put their thoughts for others...why bother to put our thoughts for them :tlaugh:
i do agree to a certain pt of what u say to think abt other commuters but like what wendymummy says she intends to close the pram in the bus. isnt she trying to spare a thought for others?
actually frankly i must say, u havent personally experience these so it might sound like a easy task to u but when your baby comes along it will b totally diff. whatever we plan for is to make the baby as comfortable as possible as our piorities n do it within our financial abilities. if cab is feasible it wld b gd otherwise bus n mrt is another alternative. can u imagine hhabdling a baby 10 kg along without hubby n pram? carry all the way?

angelwendy

When I brought dear daughter out when she was younger, below 8-9 months, I seldom bring stroller cause I personally find it very troublesome, especially since the feeder bus to the interchange is always so crowded. If I bring pram, then I'll try to plan my timing so that it's off-peak hour, but also not much difference. Sometimes people help, sometimes they just stare like as if using eye power can help me. If you are going for a short trip can consider using a carrier but also need to get a good one otherwise you reach home whole body aching hahaha. As my dear daughter got heavier I was wondering when is she going to walk at least when I take bus I can ask her to stand or dont't need to bring stroller out lol.

I feel it's okay if you carry the folded pram up. Sometimes at the mall while waiting for lift if I see a lot of people waiting as well then I will carry dear daughter and close the pram so that more people can go in.

I dont't think everyone of us here can afford to drive a car every time we want to bring baby out, plus most likely the car is being used by hubby on weekdays. Cab is also not cheap. If you happen to be one of those who stay very far from the interchange, dont't tell me you have to walk just because others feel you, baby & stroller are an inconvenience?

I think some people should think before making insensitive statements. It's this type of people who dont't respect the needs of others that make Singaporeans all look so ungracious.

I totally agree with u... hmmm as what i think if never block anyone should be ok.. & also i only take for 2 bus stop then alight... & the bus is quite empty from what i see most of the time... i tried walking from my house to MRT.. & i regretted... because is really very tiring after i reach the station.. & my poor boy is sweating under the hot weather....