R u happy with your confinement period??

CanCanMum

mine was ok because i dont have to do anything at all. My MIL takes care of everything - Me, baby, household chores, cooking, shopping - everything! She is like a wonder super woman moving around my house as if its her house!

but after she is back to her hometown i had slight depression because suddenly everything piles up and i had to do everything myself. So confinement is like a princess but after that like ???? dont know whats the right word to describe.

autumn82

My CL from hell sux big time!! Grrr.. Since Day 1, she take my hse as though her house, search all over my place, despite me tell her to use wat and wat not to use!! Caught her peeping thru my stuffs & she just run off, never apologize! Keep on hogging on her hp even though my bb is crying!! Still can chat so loudly in the room where my bb is sleeping!!! Keep on saying my milk not enuff, bb keep on crying coz hungry! Cry only pass to me!! Hog to my SCV & sofa!! Tell me 9pm need to sleep liao, wake up later than me! Nite feed, I told her to feed one btl of ebm, she mix 2 btls together to feed so that bb can sleep longer!! bb vomit milk until whole shirt wet, never change!! Luckily I woke up to check... Grrr... Anyone comes over my place, keep on telling them my milk supply not enuff!! Always sit on my sofa watching tv.. until my visitors all say y ur CL so free one! Dun hand wash my bb's clothes! Mix her clothes wif my bb clothes & mine together to wash!!! Grrrr. Within 2 weeks, I told her to pack bag, she got the cheeks to ask my DH for full whole mth pay! I gave her more than 2 weeks pay oredi.. Grrr.. MY CL From HELL...

CanCanMum

wah din know such irresp CL exists...if u r planning 4 another must get some1 with good track records lor. Must be v. stressed and tiring 4 u when confinement is supposed to rest.

autumn82

no more no.3 I pray! *LoL* I employed another person but jus the week b4 I give birth, her father passed away, Chinese pantang ma.. bo bians she intro another person.. After that, she kept on appologizing coz she din noe she is like tt.. wat's the point rite? Haiz. I was in depression manz. Luckily my DH was there encouraging me & mummys online.. otherwise.. haiz. Luckily all is over! Hehe.

CanCanMum

hahaha, i already stopped at no. 1 liaoz!

luckily yr hb is supportive. Partners do play an important part.

stay happy always!

CanCanMum

my mum (dad ok but has health prob history) is not in gd health leh, consider childcare but she say will miss bb...PILs not locals canx help...nannies? - no no. Must think this think that - canx give up workg too - DH oso says dun wan so mentally we r not prep 4 no. 2.....until further notice...hehehe

btw did yr gal asked u for a kid sister? Or both of u wanted no. 2?

autumn82

I always wanted 2 then can end ur job liao.. got jiao dai u noe? So chop chop get done and over with it.. Haha. My gal... hmm like never really ask for it until we told her mummy got bb.. u gonna have either a bb bro or sis.. then she glad accepted it and take good care of him now.. hee.

SH74

autumn82 > mine is almost as bad as urs. supposed to b using my sis's CL but she was diagnosed w heart prob. so she refer this lousy CL to us. sigh....... wanted to complain but no pt.

in the end, cannot rest. now suffering fr v bad backache.

autumn82

autumn82 > mine is almost as bad as urs. supposed to b using my sis's CL but she was diagnosed w heart prob. so she refer this lousy CL to us. sigh....... wanted to complain but no pt.

in the end, cannot rest. now suffering fr v bad backache.

Really?! Oh my.. I also suffering from v bad backache nowadays leh! I tot it was coz of the spinal injection coz the doc couldn't find the position keep on poking until give up. Haha. Or coz I keep on bending down to change bb.. Jialatz..

CanCanMum

wah 50-50 chance leh, later my hb will freak out if kenna boy again!!! (his siblings all boys, tatz y he likes girls more-LOL)

SH74

Really?! Oh my.. I also suffering from v bad backache nowadays leh! I tot it was coz of the spinal injection coz the doc couldn't find the position keep on poking until give up. Haha. Or coz I keep on bending down to change bb.. Jialatz..
i take care of bb all by myself until recently my back finally cannot take it anymore. i was ouch-ing almost in every movement i make.

worried, i went to c GP. aft doing some simple tests, he said my slipdisc came out a bit. many factors causing this. one of which is childbirth. many women (aft delivery) hv this prob 'cause during preggy, hormones widen our birth canal for delivery, makes our bones soft.

i ask if the epidural makes my back worse. he said if the doc dun hv difficulties doing it, then shouldnt be the epidural. mayb ur back pain is 'cause of epidural since doc cant find the position, kept poking.

another factor is our daily activities. carrying bb (8+kg) everyday, everytime, will injure our back. esp if posture not right. so my GP ask me refrain fr picking bb up fr floor or cot. mus bend knees when carrying bb up.

he gave me some painkillers which is safe for bf. but he said most impt is bedrest. lie flat on back, do some stretching exercise (hug left leg to chest).

i did wat he said. didnt even need to take painkillers. rest for 2 hrs on my back, do the exercise he said, n my back felt SO SO SO MUCH better.

must alw rest my back n keep back straight. if want, can wear those back support (which gynae will give to those who had c-sect). prob will come back if nv take care.

if want cure, can go hospital ask them do TRACTION where they pull the spine so the slipdisc will go back.

vonn81

I din have a CL...My mil helps in cooking and my hubby was able to accompany for 2 weeks then after that my mum took over. They all have showed me care n concern, I just need to rest n take care of baby while they do the cooking, washing, and bathing DD. I din listen lah still do this do that, cos just lay there and ask ppl to do things I might s well do it myself faster lor. So kenna scolding lah.haha.

My DH was supper daddy, he bathe DD from birth till 2 weeks old b4 I took over. He washes clothes n change diapers too. He was so scared that he can’t do it b4 I gave birth but he did a great job. Without his encouragement I think dun have the perseverance to continue to BF, it was so torturing leh.

And of cos my mil n my mum also helped a lot. Mil busy cooking and my mum busy helping in house chores and taking care bb at night trying to let me sleep more. Still have to feed her how to sleep?? hehe.

The person I'm most grateful to is my DAD. he bought fishes, kidney and pig stomach all over fr hg to my place sembawang. He needs to rest after work, but he still insists of buying for me. I really love him. (sad thing was he had left us 2mths after my confinement. (cancer attacked him with no sign at all)

So I would consider my confinement period I most dislike to go through if I’m going to have my 2nd child next time. The fear of stitches pain, breast engorgement, restrictions of so many things, confinement food, staying at home for a mth and losing my beloved dad.

CanCanMum

sad to hear about that, hope u have more or less coped well with the grieving process, esp with a BB to look after at the same time. But yr dad would most want to c u and ur family living happily although he is not with u anymore. Just keep him in yr heart. :wong19:

My dad also played the same part as yrs, do all the buying of household groceries during confinement. Somehow after my confinement and all the hardwork of takg care of my son he suffered stroke when my son was 8 months. I had a very hard time too. But i am glad he went thru it. So now i started to learn to treasure every moment that i can spend with my parents...knowing that they are aged and canx be with me always. No choice lor this is part of life, right?