R u happy with your confinement period??

celine

during the last mth of my pregrency, mil say she will take 1 wk leave to take care of me & dd... In the end, she din even take leave at all....
Luckily, dh manage to take 1 wk leave to help out... :tlaugh:
Although in the end im the one who is taking care as he say he duno hw to take care... :nah:

Vone

Not Happy . MIL issues.

Alot of restrictions and got to do everything myself though hb helps out.

#1.
nt very happy..
cos I had P.N depressions!
always angry, & cried over small issues..
but luckily, parents & Hus are very attentive & caring.

#2.
happy!
only cried once.. had slight depression.
everything's bk to normal now.

7 more days, & thats the end of my confinement... :Dancing_wub:

xiaodaisy

#1 super happy

#2 super happy

haha cos freedom bah cos after 1 mth have to work day n nite tat time so confinement is e oni mth i can rest whole day n dont have to do anything haha.. somemore on tat time dh super attention on me, usually he go work he wont even call back but confinement he call at least every half hr haha cos he tink i got depression n scare i throw his son down LOL but i dont have, he tink too much oni haha

JenLee98

I was happy go lucky, enjoyed my confinement alot.... each time had a CL to help out and a Malay lady to come and massage me. At home, watch TV, listen to music, eat, sleep, surfing, looking forward to visitors and take photos etc.....ENJOYED IT !

2nd one - even drive out myself but still wear a sweater to keep warm

Last edited:

ireneliau

Juz wonder do most ppl happy with their confinement period??
Not happy cos phyically very tired and alot of restriction.. But luckily have pass through the period.. Now i'm a mother of 15month daughter.. Do take care of yourself. I mean really got to eat confinment food and obey what people tell you. If not you can't build up yr body and soon alot of "sickness or pain" will come to you earlier.. i'm the example!!!! So pls listen to the advise..

missbluey

not really. i had mini PND, was very bored confined at home. MIL was pretty strict with me. no pc to use and had to keep lying down on bed (i got 'scolded' by a few times when i tried to sit), i nearly go mad! quite sick of those pig kidneys, yucks. i secretly threw some away when nobody was at home. hahaha!

LoVeS

Super unhappy wif my confinement coz got issue wif mil abt traditional thingy, most of the time especially midnite & morning i need to take care of my ds no matter how tired i am which my mil only help in afternoon while afternoon time is ds slping time tts why haf such hard time during the nite time wif him. Even fall into depression for the 1st mth after birth of ds.:embarrassed:

babypris86

i don have a very gd confinement..... cuz I was looking after my son alone... Mum is working... But i thank my neighbour... she really is a nice lady... she actually inform her maid to cook for me... and ask me don take those cold food cuz i always forgot to eat....
she even use her own wine to cook for me... my mum and I are very grateful to her...

LoVeS

i don have a very gd confinement..... cuz I was looking after my son alone... Mum is working... But i thank my neighbour... she really is a nice lady... she actually inform her maid to cook for me... and ask me don take those cold food cuz i always forgot to eat....
she even use her own wine to cook for me... my mum and I are very grateful to her...
indeed ur neighbour is such a wonderful n kind lady.

Hi mummies, i am new to this forum and am really happy that i found this as this is a place for me to really say out all my unhappiness after my bb born 7mths ago.

for me, i will be happier during my confinement, if only my mum come and help out not my MIL, all she care abt is her DOGS at home (whether gt eat ant, whether got miss her, whether got beaten by her husband) & her darling SON(my husband) got food? She even give me COLD rice(when asked, y food so cold liao? bcos she likes cold food!!!)

No tonics soup 2, she boil tonics soup only when her son is nt working. I dun know whether am I the 1 who giving birth or my husband.

Bt lucky she was with me for 2 week interval with my mum so for 2weeks i was super happy wen she is nt ard and lucky when my mum is ard i got to drink some tonics drinks.

She didnt hang out all my washed clothes, all have smell even my mate keep complain y i smell so funny, i told him, THANKS to your mum lah! keke!

Last edited:

tracyk

yes i was happy with my confinement,... esp the yummy food my MIL cooks!

i guess i was pretty lucky..didnt have major ailments..:p

meltingpot

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]I am doing a survey on Pre- & Post Pregnancy. Would you be kind to do this quick and easy survey online.

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Click Here to take survey [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]

THANK YOU!! We hope to help you and your baby through a better pregnancy period in the future. =)
[/FONT]

Last edited:

joshmama

I like almost all tonic black chicken soups, so the food wise still alright, even hv to drink red dates longan tea. but the coming of the bb is too overwhelming and got me into mild bb blues. in fact, what i dislike most is the confinement restrictions plus the change of our hormones which got me almost bizzare. emotions is out of control and got sad here and there. will need a time to adjust to new lifestyle. Still on maternity leave...

SH74

mine not v good. CL very irresponsible, forgetful n unhygienic. had to take care of my bb myself almost thru out my confinement period. didnt do a good job yet vvv calculative abt her pay. v $$$ face. totally hopeless. condemned.