Reaction - Labour Pain

paradize

Hi MOMS,

I need some advice.Once you get labour pain, how did you react and go the hospital.
Did you call 995 or ?
Share with us your experiences please.

Best Regards
Sahtyah Chandran
:Dancing_wub:

lekdao

Not everyone will get labour pain (contraction). some is water bag burst, some is red discharge (menses).

Any of the above appears, you can call your gynae clinic (if they are open) or hospital to check with them, they shd be able to advise you accordingly.
Meanwhile just get your hospital bag ready.

For my 1st delivery, my signs is menses (bloody show) showed in the morning 9am. called my gyane to check, he advised i am still early b4 i go into my actual labor. Asked me to rest at home, waited till 4pm still no sign of labor so called hospital to check. The staffs asked me head to hospital for a check since I'm already full term (39 weeks). After checked, i am only 1 cm dilated and was asked to rest at home. Went back home to rest, contraction started but is very mild. i waited till the next morning 5:30am the pain is getting more intense, headed to hospital and was admitted into delivery suite.

For my 2nd delivery, hv mild contraction (like stomache) in the morning. Called my gyane to check since i'm due for check up, advised me to head to hospital when the pain gets more intense. in the afternoon 2:30 headed to hospital, after checked i was 6cm dilated and was admitted into delivery suite.

angelwendy

I have labour pain when i was abt to get ready to sleep at 2am... then i count the contraction.. is 5 mins.. so i ask hubby that maybe i should go hospital now.. took a shower.. drink chicken essence... then hubby drove me to hospital....

when in to observe the contraction while hubby waiting outside... then nurse came to check... & on shift gynae came too.. & say i was 3 cm already then ask me & hubby to go to labour ward.. & they will contact my gynae... to inform that i'm in labour...

When in then change to the hospital clothes.. & start lying on the bed.. & the contraction came badly after i lying there... don't wan epi till 9.30am.. then cannot tahan already.. ask for epi... total relieve... then till abt 5.30pm my boy is out.. then nurse send me food because i never eat for the whole day.. just suck on ice... then after that push to ward to rest..

* Note : remember to take a bit of food before u enter the hospital because when u r in labour.. no food is allow at all.. i regretted that i never take any food before i admitted... because i'm damm hungry when in labour.. :tlaugh:

CanCanMum

i call for a taxi, den call my hubby den call my boss inform her i m going to give birth lOlz, and den call my parents :p

apollo

dun nd call ambulance, just go straight to the hospital if ur contractions interval is v close.

paradize

Hi MOMS,

What will happen if water bag burst?Will there be water dripping all over the place?

is it also true that after labour you will be thirsty and shouldnt drink so much of water?

Best Regards,
Mrs Sahtyah Chandran.

lekdao

Hi MOMS,

What will happen if water bag burst?Will there be water dripping all over the place?

is it also true that after labour you will be thirsty and shouldnt drink so much of water?

Best Regards,
Mrs Sahtyah Chandran.

If water bag burst, put on pad.
I dun feel thirsty for my 2nd labor. However if you feel thirsty request for hot milo. Cannot drink so much water cause if you are on epidural u may vomit. Old tales said cannot drink plain water, will cause water retention.

xiaoxuan

If waterbag bursts/leaks, make your way to the hospital (but can take your time, shower etc). BUT if water that leaks is greenish in colour, should go to the hospital as soon as possible as it could indicate that your baby is in distress and needs to be delivered quickly.

PTB7476

If waterbag bursts/leaks, make your way to the hospital (but can take your time, shower etc). BUT if water that leaks is greenish in colour, should go to the hospital as soon as possible as it could indicate that your baby is in distress and needs to be delivered quickly.
leak in greenish color :elvis: what causes that color :elvis:

keefu

Greenish is it because of poo?

paradize

Hi Moms,

The green poo????..oh i wasnt aware of that...Ok..Thanks all for the advise..I just got 2 more weeks to my EDD.I kinda of worried but still keeping myself strong!!!!

Best Regards,
Mrs Sahtyah Chandran:shyxxx:

keefu

huh? but they have not start drinking milk where did the poo come from ??
From my understanding poo inside the mummy's womb before giving birth is possible as this occurs to full to post term babies. Once they poo it will be dangerous because for the baby to breathe in the amiotic fluid mixed with poo which may result in respiratory problems and need emergency delivery asap... It's like their first poo but poo at the wrong place...

izanyzam

I woke up 6am and noticed that i had reddish discharge on my pantyliner plus a dull backache.Monitored for about an hour and the discharge became more thicker like menses blood.Called hubby who was on nite shift to rush home and called my gynae clinic.Was told to come down 2 see my gynae.

On d way 2 Thomson Medical,i started having mild contractions while in d cab.I didnt time them but they were quite far apart.Gynae checked and i was already 3cm dilated.Was sent to the observation ward on started on the drip to get my contractions going.Arnd 10plus am,my waterbag burst on its own and my contractions started becoming more painful.Gynae came in arnd 11plus am and while checking my dilation,he noticed a greenish discharge.Even showed it to my hubby.My baby has pooed inside my tummy.Had to do emergency c-sect.My baby was out at 12.45pm..!! :001_302: Baby had pooed as he was in distress and with every contraction,his heartbeat dropped so yes u must monitor if you have any discharge.Btw,i was 38weeks 6days pregnant wen i delivered my boy.

PTB7476

I woke up 6am and noticed that i had reddish discharge on my pantyliner plus a dull backache.Monitored for about an hour and the discharge became more thicker like menses blood.Called hubby who was on nite shift to rush home and called my gynae clinic.Was told to come down 2 see my gynae.

On d way 2 Thomson Medical,i started having mild contractions while in d cab.I didnt time them but they were quite far apart.Gynae checked and i was already 3cm dilated.Was sent to the observation ward on started on the drip to get my contractions going.Arnd 10plus am,my waterbag burst on its own and my contractions started becoming more painful.Gynae came in arnd 11plus am and while checking my dilation,he noticed a greenish discharge.Even showed it to my hubby.My baby has pooed inside my tummy.Had to do emergency c-sect.My baby was out at 12.45pm..!! :001_302: Baby had pooed as he was in distress and with every contraction,his heartbeat dropped so yes you must monitor if you have any discharge.Btw,i was 38weeks 6days pregnant wen i delivered my boy.
:err::err: my gosh..so it can happen without warning ...

keefu

On d way 2 Thomson Medical,i started having mild contractions while in d cab.I didnt time them but they were quite far apart.Gynae checked and i was already 3cm dilated.Was sent to the observation ward on started on the drip to get my contractions going.Arnd 10plus am,my waterbag burst on its own and my contractions started becoming more painful.Gynae came in arnd 11plus am and while checking my dilation,he noticed a greenish discharge.Even showed it to my hubby.My baby has pooed inside my tummy.Had to do emergency c-sect.My baby was out at 12.45pm..!! :001_302: Baby had pooed as he was in distress and with every contraction,his heartbeat dropped so yes you must monitor if you have any discharge.Btw,i was 38weeks 6days pregnant wen i delivered my boy.
I read your birth story about the poo issue too and btw I like your baby boy to the extend of showing my hubby LOL... Told him that I want a chubby and thick hair baby boy like yours!! :blaugh:

stupidyeye

Fr me.. Is all started by contraction.. Had contraction since evening.. Told my mum.. Bt was told to wait fr my dad home n drive me down.. In e end.. Went down kind of late.. At 12+ midnight.. I rmb.. Wen I wanted to change clothes.. I even cry.. Coz alill cnt tahan.. Went down kkh.. Was told to go observation room.. Checked ONI 3cm dilated.. Doc say will giv birth in e morning.. So they decide to charge me in Liao.. Told my parent to went home first.. Bt again.. Was damn hungry at dat time.. And pain too.. So no choice.. Tahan again.. Until 9+am.. My boi was out.. Manage to nt take epi.. Bt kep biting my finger.. Lol...