Regarding Insurance - Can we change agent?

veronica

Anyone knows?

If I already bought a policy thru Agent A but not happy with her service, can I request for a change of agent?

Angelmum

I tried changing another agent by buying another policy n requested she manages my old policy.

New agt doesnt like to pick up from others cos no more commission to earn.

joeichen

I tried changing another agent by buying another policy n requested she manages my old policy.

New agt doesnt like to pick up from others cos no more commission to earn.
Ya new agent normally dun like to take over old policy.
But if u have some1 u knw u can transfer, some r very willing coz we do buy more in future oso.

stonston

depending on what type of policy it is, u may wanna cancel it and re-purchase it under another agent (this is wot i did for the hospitalisation policies cos by not renewing the policy, u dun lose out).

CanCanMum

Anyone knows?

If I already bought a policy thru Agent A but not happy with her service, can I request for a change of agent?
veronica babe, u mean change the person handling yr policy rite?

Yes its possible. Juz call up the Customer service to request a form to fill and submit.

veronica

veronica babe, u mean change the person handling yr policy rite?

Yes its possible. Juz call up the Customer service to request a form to fill and submit.
Ya but as most mummies said, actually who will want to take old account since they dun earn commission.

Writing in is another option since the company will assign another to take over.

CanCanMum

Ya but as most mummies said, actually who will want to take old account since they dun earn commission.

Writing in is another option since the company will assign another to take over.
no worh

my current policies (more than 5 years) oso undertaken by a new agent to continue.

dink most insurance companies will automatically assign a new agent once we put up the request. And if i m still not pleased i can still write in to change~:tlaugh:

coz they beri funny oso, assign Agent A to my policies and Agent B to my DH's policies....canx they ustd we stay under the same roof??? o_O

stonston

wot policy is it? cos if it's not something tt u'll lose out by cancelling or not renewing, jus wait till need to renew then change agent also can de.

veronica

no worh

my current policies (more than 5 years) oso undertaken by a new agent to continue.

dink most insurance companies will automatically assign a new agent once we put up the request. And if i m still not pleased i can still write in to change~:tlaugh:

coz they beri funny oso, assign Agent A to my policies and Agent B to my DH's policies....canx they ustd we stay under the same roof??? o_O
So you didnt go to someone you know to buy insurance?

I want to write in to request but feel paisay for the new agent to take over my account without commission....

veronica

wot policy is it? cos if it's not something tt u'll lose out by cancelling or not renewing, jus wait till need to renew then change agent also can de.
Mine is life insurance, not medical and have been paying like close to 2yrs liao..so quite risky to terminate and re-purchase again right??

CanCanMum

So you didnt go to someone you know to buy insurance?

I want to write in to request but feel paisay for the new agent to take over my account without commission....
actually my case was quite different from yours la...coz my agent resigned....so they reassign a new one for me....but apparently they have a group of advisers so the new one will be still under the same group.

but the request for change was done by me coz i want to deal with 1 agent for all my policies and DH's....didnt want to deal with two...

erm....they will persuade u to buy new policies de la....human nature mah...hahhaha~

but no need to paiseh la...coz they oso got their own clients to earn commission from mah.....

CanCanMum

Mine is life insurance, not medical and have been paying like close to 2yrs liao..so quite risky to terminate and re-purchase again right??
my agent last time told me, they actually earn commission for 5 years, not 2 years...after tat considered "matured" coz if u noticed, most life insurance policies only gets cash value after 2 years onwards....guess probably the first 2 years they get most commission out of the policies coz build-up costs....admin stuff etc etc....

pepperphibs

Pls do not terminate your policies and repurchase again unless its for Hospitalisation and Surgical plans.

Firstly, when u repurchase, you will be buying at your current age ,meaning your premiums will increase and u will also be subjected to a 90 days waiting period for critical illness and also ,provided your health status is good.

For change of agent, it is perfectly alright to request through the customer service dept if you are unhappy with your current agent.

As to CanCanMum's comment on her DH's and her policies being allocated to different agent's, the insurer's will not assume that members of a family want the same agent handling all their policies as there are people who do not like it for their own privacy sake.

Last edited:

pepperphibs

If you bought from the same agent from day 1 or if you bought from 2 separate agents but requested for a change in between then will be same lor, if not they won't just allocate based on the address alone

zhenhui

Hi veronica, which company u bot ur policy from? I have friends in the insurance industry so maybe i can check with them to see if they wanna take over ur policy.
I think some agents will do so out of goodwill bah. :)

lekdao

Mine is life insurance, not medical and have been paying like close to 2yrs ..so quite risky to terminate and re-purchase again right??
if not wrong you can terminate and re-purchase again, But the new agent will not get any commission from it.

stonston

if not wrong you can terminate and re-purchase again, But the new agent will not get any commission from it.
You need not do that. You can just fill up a form to request change of agent.

Usually the new agent will not mind not earning commission from your current policy, but they will recommend you to buy others and establish long term relationship with you.