Rotavirus vaccine

yesyes, i gave my gal rotavirus recently, 4 mth+ le...the next dose will be next month.
after that will be giving her pneumococcus as well...precaution mah:)

Phoebii Cheng

Yes when my son was 4mths old, cos he was busy sucking his fingers and plus we put him in infant care, so the PD advise us to give the rotavirus, it is oral dosage, not injection so bb won't feel painful

nancy

How much is the rotavirus vaccine?
And the pneumoccocal vaccine?
It costs $100 per vial and it has to be taken twice. My girl took it when she was 2 months old and she took the 2nd vial yesterday at 4 months old. You can use CDA fund to pay. just remember to bring your ATM card when you see the PD next round.

i'm letting my girl to take pneumoccocal when she is 6 month old as advised by nurse (less number of vaccine and cheaper too)

Lynnie

Thanks thanks...
My friend told me the rotavirus vaccine has to be given before the baby turns 6 months, otherwise it's not effective? Is it true?
If so, gotta bring my girl for it soon!

apollo

Thanks thanks...
My friend told me the rotavirus vaccine has to be given before the baby turns 6 months, otherwise it's not effective? Is it true?
not sure abt it but from the ppl i know, their kids all took at 3rd & 4th mth.. =)

snowbear

Thanks thanks...
i think the nurse also told me that the latest the first dose can be taken is 4 months then next dose is at 6mths. Better chk quickly...

snowbear

Hi ,

How much is your pneumoccocal? Today my boy took rortavirus Cost $100.
My dd's pneumoccocal jab is $150 per jab and rotavirus is $90 per dose. We bring her to normal GP and he will do all the various assessments according to the health booklet at no extra fee.

A

adamking

My dear daughter's pneumoccocal jab is $150 per jab and rotavirus is $90 per dose. We bring her to normal GP and he will do all the various assessments according to the health booklet at no extra fee.

Beside pneumoccocal & Rotavirus, are there any other jabs which we can gv to bb?

snowbear

Beside pneumoccocal & Rotavirus, are there any other jabs which we can gv to baby?
There are 3 6-in-1 jabs to be taken when baby's 2-6mths old.

Then pneumoccocal booster jab at 1year old.

Followed by Mumps, Measles and Rubella (MMR) jab (and Chicken Pox - optional i think) at 15mths.

Last edited: