SAHM-how to celebrate hubby's bday?

annie

i used to buy him gifts n make reservations at expensive restaurants then movies on hubby's bday before we had our girl n i was working but now that im a SAHM n no income plus having a bb girl... going to movies n restaurants become impossible (cos girl wont have the patience to wait quietly while we enjoy candlelight dinner?) n i got no $ to buy him gifts (i used to always buy him branded stuffs cos he a bit branded siao one).. so i wonder... in this situation, how to celebrate hubby's bday?? i wonder how u all do it..

guys out there, if your wife is a SAHM, how u wish she celevrate your bday for u?

apollo

i bought him things he really likes (but within my budget) and a CAKE!!! maybe u can bake him a cake? haha...

PinkDiamonds

My hubby will be pleased to come home to a nice dinner prepared by me. Nothing beats coming home after a hard day of work to see his house clean, tidy, and good food to enjoy. I have no experience as it's still my first year being SAHM. & this year his birthday present was our daughter. hee hee.

Honestly, I don't think they will want us to buy them anything. As long as we look after the kids, do our job as a SAHM well, it doesn't matter if they have a gift or not.

Of course, nobody stop you if you want to put your daughter to sleep early, dress up in some sexy lingerie, and seduce your hubby.

*sings* tonight I celebrate my love for you...

meiteoh

Well, I start months ahead by saving up for his gift and cooking his favourite meal(s) (this year, it was asam laksa - don't ask - and lemon tart). Sex, of course, is always on the table. XD

jazz_sofia

i save money from hsehold budget to get him things that he needs (w/in budget ofcourse)...and cook and invite his friends to come over...

My baby girl was also my hubby's birthday present though late by 2 weeks...
For me i will cook for him... and Sex...Sex and more ...

apollo

My hubby will be pleased to come home to a nice dinner prepared by me. Nothing beats coming home after a hard day of work to see his house clean, tidy, and good food to enjoy. I have no experience as it's still my first year being stay at home mum. & this year his birthday present was our daughter. hee hee.

Honestly, I dont't think they will want us to buy them anything. As long as we look after the kids, do our job as a stay at home mum well, it doesn't matter if they have a gift or not.

Of course, nobody stop you if you want to put your daughter to sleep early, dress up in some sexy lingerie, and seduce your hubby.

*sings* tonight I celebrate my love for you...
i agree! my hubb always tell me not to get him any gifts. we just go out for a nice meal, shopping will do... cos afterall, the money we 'save' is their hard earned money... my hubby always ask me to save more... LOL :tlaugh:

annie

my hubby dosent like cakes. my girl was hubby's last your's bday present also lol. also late by 2 weeks. but last your cos we 2 ppl only... so went for candlelight dinner with a big tummy lol. this your.. i dont know..cook is like nothing special? hee. since i cook sometimes..

Last edited:

PinkDiamonds

Hahaha, this year didn't have candle-lit dinner. I wanted to arrange for a cake in the hospital so that we could celebrate. In the end didn't. LOL.

snowbear

Cook his favourite food instead of the normal dinner fare? This year we only went to McCafe for his favourite brownie after dinner. Asked for a candle from the staff and lit it before bringing the brownie back to our table. Sang him the birthday song and he blew out the candle with alicia... she was super excited.. :tlaugh::tlaugh:

Like what all the others have said, I guess it's the thought that counts. :)

annie

i always cook his fav jap curry cos i only know how to cook a few things! lol

hmm...

stonston

Since you need a gift that doesn't cost anything, sex is the best.

Arrange for something KINKY & special :p

annie

lol sex also not only done on bday wor. seems like nothing special though im sure he will love it whahahahaha.

annie

err... lol. ive always been wearing kinky langerie at night before i had my girl and of cos before i got preggy. got tones of those! lol. but then ever since my tummy got bigger, i stopped wearing them cos i dont feel sexy myself.. then till now have not bring them out yet! think collecting dust .. hehe shall consider bout it then. kinda not very used to wearing them now dont know why lol. become mother no such mood for such things anymore. opps. :err:

Ting

annie, even if your hubby dun really like cake, but i think if u make an effort to bake one, im sure he will be happy.
:)

diymummy

If you can play an instrument, you could write him a song! Hehehe. Or sing him a love song :) Hmmm... Or you could get your girl to do something also? Or get his friends over, hide, switch off all the lights and when he opens the door "SURPRISE!". That's if he's those type who like to have a crowd... Really depends on the character of your hubby.. If he's those sentimental types or outgoing types. I'm not a SAHM but for valentine's day I bought those recordable cards for my hubby.. Recorded a message on the card and gave my him. He loves it. And it was only like 5 bucks. Hahaha.

annie

my hubby is those pratical kind of person. my girl too young to know how to do anything lol. hubby always says my cake is rock! idiot him...lol

PinkDiamonds

Hmmm if he is those practical type, then maybe you can just cook his favourite Japanese curry and arrange something special, like shape his rice into a heart shape, etc.

If he is those practical type then I assume he's the sort who won't really want you to spend money and buy him anything. Unless you buy him something that is cheap and useful to him. hee hee.