Screaming , thrOwing temper

DOes ur son or daughter scream , keep on throwing temper ? Mx son start to behave like tat wen he gg to reach 18months .

I understand he cant talk, tat's he onli way he show his feeling tat wad he want or don wan. But lik his b lik tat all the way without scolding isit alrite ? I did firm tone scolding sometimes cos i afraid he'll b lik tat all the way, if now don teach next time more worst. How? Wad should i do?

Pls share wif me. Thanks a millions.

don

Alpha Male
DOes ur son or daughter scream , keep on throwing temper ? Mx son start to behave like tat wen he gg to reach 18months .

I understand he cant talk, tat's he onli way he show his feeling tat wad he want or don wan. But lik his b lik tat all the way without scolding isit alrite ? I did firm tone scolding sometimes cos i afraid he'll b lik tat all the way, if now don teach next time more worst. How? Wad should i do?

Hi, my son was also like that during his 18 months. at this stage, he wanted to be like an adult doing all the things that we do. He wanted to take charge of almost "everything" thus if things dun get to his way, he will scream and shout. Do limit your "No" and try alternate methods to soothe him.

During the stage, he even refused to wear shorts and clothes and just keep screaming and shouting. i was frustated and i once tap his buttock continously. i think he did not like it and till now he is gg to 2 years.. he kind of dun like me..haha.. do let him know the rationale of things and after the stage, he will be alright.. around 20 mths he will settle down..

do not worry about this..

just my 2 cents worth.

Regards
Don

Ting

lol. u hv the same post in ido too right? hoho.

apollo

i got a fren, last time her son also lik tt when he still dunno hw to tok... always throw temper cos he dunno hw to express what he wants and dun want... when he's 2yr +, my fren send him to childcare and aft weeks at childcare, he started to learn more words and learn hw to communicate with people better... ever since, his temper better cos he noe hw to tell people what he actually want and dun want...

Why kids throw tantrums...scream their heads off.. more often than not, they do not how to talk. That's the only way to express their displeasure.

However, there are kids who have already started talking...however, still doing the same... coz' they know by doing so.. they can get what they want.

Hence for us parents... we need to allow lots of opportunities for the child to learn to talk. When they are little, even if they are disinterested.. we need to exercise and talk to them slowly.. clearly.. and indicating to them it is thro' talking.. that you can communicate.

As for the bigger kids.. who can talk and still doing the nonsense, we have to educate them.. and will not condon their nonsense. Their request can/is answered only if they communicate properly.

Communication is the key ... even in the adults' world. Agree? :bskeptical:

this is what my family agreed on. we onli will give in when he asks nicely.
Well done.. .Stonston. Seems like we have alot in common..

Recall you were communicating with me in the other thread...re education?

Catch up.

Meantime, have a good weekend. Cheers.:smile:

I really dont know how to handle my 2nd dear daughter at times... I talk to her nicely, she wun listen and shout at me summore. So I have to raise my voice and stare at her, but sumtimes it doesn't work... and she will run to my dear husband say mummy notty, dont 1 mummy, dont love mummy....

Then dear husband will sayang her, always spoil her ...

So sometimes I really no choice, I have to grab her from dear husband, bring her to my room, close the door, raise my voice at her then let her cry until she shiok then I talk to her, then she will listen...

I always the devil at home , while dear husband is the angel...

I really dont wanna be the devil all the time, how huh?

Last edited:

Lotus

I really dont know how to handle my 2nd dear daughter at times... I talk to her nicely, she wun listen and shout at me summore. So I have to raise my voice and stare at her, but sumtimes it doesn't work... and she will run to my dear husband say mummy notty, dont 1 mummy, dont love mummy....

Then dear husband will sayang her, always spoil her ...

So sometimes I really no choice, I have to grab her from dear husband, bring her to my room, close the door, raise my voice at her then let her cry until she shiok then I talk to her, then she will listen...

I always the devil at home , while dear husband is the angel...

I really dont wanna be the devil all the time, how huh?

For us my husband is always nice parent as he usually lets the children do what they want. I only ask him that if I am disciplining one of the chilren he does not interrupt or sayang them or over rule me. If he thinks I have done wrong then he should talk to me when we are alone.

My #2 is much more difficult than the first and sometimes I think I must be the only mummy in Singapore with a child that has tantrum. Mine sometimes pushs, hits, bites other children although he is getting better. When we are out I am always worried he will hurt someone.

I just hope with discipline and time he will grow oout of this. Otherwise my hair will be gray very soon.

For us my husband is always nice parent as he usually lets the children do what they want. I only ask him that if I am disciplining one of the chilren he does not interrupt or sayang them or over rule me. If he thinks I have done wrong then he should talk to me when we are alone.

My #2 is much more difficult than the first and sometimes I think I must be the only mummy in Singapore with a child that has tantrum. Mine sometimes pushs, hits, bites other children although he is getting better. When we are out I am always worried he will hurt someone.

I just hope with discipline and time he will grow oout of this. Otherwise my hair will be gray very soon.
Typically, #2 is naughtier and more rebellious than #1 . dont't know why? Guess maybe they see parents become more experienced, hence tasks us to greater challenge.

Parenting never easy... we may not have naughty kids but may face other problems...as we know every child.. every individual is unqiue. Hence we just have to find the best fit/style to manage them. Mummies are the greatest, isn't not?

Having said that.. .it's very important Mummies have to keep their sanity and also, not not loose control of oneself in front of the kids. Kids may get nervous and frightful.

Healthy is very important... so, please do take care of yourself well.

Take a breather.. if the pressure gets too much, ok?

Take care!:smile:

Last edited:

Wah, he bites?

My #2 oso very notty... I really hope she will grow out of this soon... I cannot take the heart pain part whenever I see her go school...