'SEASONED' SAHMs

sgjsmum

Any Sahms that have been managing the household and kids without a maid for many years by now?

How do you manage boredom? The housework never seems to end. At times I do feel it is such a 'waste' to stay at home for so many years.

Do your hbs show appreciation and affection openly or has been taking you for granted over the years?

Communication seems to be lesser and lesser.....

Do you feel like reverting back to working society at time but feeling anxious?

Do you feel unbalanced at times when pple deem whoever bringing back the bacon as more respectable, more say?

Do you feel that being at home, it means everything needs to be handled by us definitely as 'we are the one staying at home wat!'??

How do you manage such negative thoughts that come haunting you at times?

Very unhealthy and need a vent......Tks!

jojo

I am a SAHM for at least 8 years already. Managing all housework and kids all by myself.
Actualy no time to get bored just have no time for myself that's all ... for example surfing the net, reading and njoying life ....
It is such a waste but looking at the children that they are always close to me sometimes really melts my thought.

He never show and is always forcing me back to work force. He refused to listern to the children needs and wants so pointless to mention to him.

Every topic is on children if not no more communication.

I have thought of reverting back to working society but on 2nd thought, how about my children?? I can't throw them to some childcare coz this is their most precious moment. If I miss it then here is no turning back. Due to this, have to turn a deaf ear on what my hubby said.

I don care ... I seek for respect as give and take. If too much then will not give in too much too.

My hubby always said that I am a housewife so got lots of time and so everything we have to handle. Really piss me off.

Not sure how to handle ... some time seem to break down but seeing m children laughing and playing, I 4gotten about it.

How about you what is your thinking??

serenelm

hihi,

i've been a sahm since march 07... not tt many yrs lah :)

boredom? not much time for tt cos ds3 is very demanding... he's oni 4 mths old now... everyday oso busy carrying him or bf him... :p

as for housework, i'm lucky tt dh helps me out wif tt cos i really dun hv much time during the day to do housework... the most is cook lunch n do laundry (using washing machine)... other housework is usually done when dh is home to do it or i'll do it while he looks after ds3...

as for communication wif dh, guess muz really make effort to do so... usually he'll share his work woes/complaints wif me n i'll listen lor, even thou can't offer much advice since we work in different fields (he's in engg while i used to be in hr)...

nvr thot of gg back to work cos i'm happy to stay home wif kids... the oni thing i miss is financial independence when i cld buy things w/o blinking an eye... now cannot le... muz tink n tink whether need to buy or not...

Domique

I left my job when I was preggie and always wanted to go back work force.. Now bb 2 mths, I am hesitating whether to go back work esp when economy like this now... no one take care of my bb too...

Housewife was never a thought before till now.... but losing financial independency I cannot imagine....

sigh.... so fan..... maybe wait till bb 1 yr old then go back if financially allow me to do so.....

How SAHM stay hip and not become yellow face wife - I worry I become that and cannot communicate well with my hubby in future if i become SAHM. becoz I feel my face little yellow already :p

autumn82

I left my job when I was preggie and always wanted to go back work force.. Now bb 2 mths, I am hesitating whether to go back work esp when economy like this now... no one take care of my bb too...

Housewife was never a thought before till now.... but losing financial independency I cannot imagine....

sigh.... so fan..... maybe wait till bb 1 yr old then go back if financially allow me to do so.....

How SAHM stay hip and not become yellow face wife - I worry I become that and cannot communicate well with my hubby in future if i become SAHM. becoz I feel my face little yellow already :p
Put foundation and blusher. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

autumn82

I started being a SAHM only after DS was delivered last Jul.

Erm.. I admit at times it is really bored to stay home looking after them.. I do get blues as well. Luckily is we employed a part time maid for weekly cleaning the house so I dun need to worry much except washing clothes wif machine.

My DH so far so good, still will wake up to feed DS every morn. Help out when I go for my pedi & mani. Heh. Communications revolves ard the kids and his job nowadays. LOL.

I miss seeing my bank wif plenty of figures, now like not moving tt much.. LOL. If possible, I would like to work from home.. so dun have boss and can still look after my kids.. :)

CanCanMum

I started being a SAHM only after DS was delivered last Jul.

Erm.. I admit at times it is really bored to stay home looking after them.. I do get blues as well. Luckily is we employed a part time maid for weekly cleaning the house so I dun need to worry much except washing clothes wif machine.

My DH so far so good, still will wake up to feed DS every morn. Help out when I go for my pedi & mani. Heh. Communications revolves ard the kids and his job nowadays. LOL.

I miss seeing my bank wif plenty of figures, now like not moving tt much.. LOL. If possible, I would like to work from home.. so dun have boss and can still look after my kids.. :)
dun worry

got me Pei Ni~~

wonx get SAHM blues de~

seize the day...everyday would b a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!

well... i also SAHM till sian...........................since preggy DD mar2008......till now........ hubby okii. mothers okiii....
CHOY CHOY CHOY LA.........when one of the mothers jobless ii would b start searching for jobs.... ii not worrying much... cause two mothers treat their grandDD very well. very precious.. but ya la... their language not as good as those childcare staffs la........ (AS IF MINE VERY GOOD LIDDAT)

dont feel that itx a waste to stay at home......... bored yes.... but as long euu make the day worthwell lo.... DO YOGA! wouldnt yellow face.... euu can tie nice nice as if euu attending DND and do housework marhhsssssssss.... go downstair .. people would... "wa how euu do your nails arr... how euu tie that hair..sweee lehhx"

communicate must must must!! either child.. or talk anything under the sun................

ya... cannot buy stuffs any-o-how... nevermind lahhhhs... if euu keep thinking back... keep counting back... euu might even miss one person any-o-how-shopping yea?
dont think!
move tomolo

snowbear

Have been a SAHM since July 08. There's hardly time to get bored, only not enough time for myself... Looking after DD and doing the housework + cooking dinner every day take up almost all my time le..

Hubby is appreciative of what i do though i wonder if years down the road he'd still be so appreciative.

Communication is impt and hubby and i make it a point to talk about the day's happenings every day. Otherwise, we would be living in our own worlds - not healthy at all.

Sometimes i do think of going back to work but i dun trust anyone else to look after my DD. So I have to do it myself lor. In any case, DD's so close to me, i dun think i can just leave her and go back to work!

I think that the best reward of a SAHM is the close bond you share with your child. All the blues just go away when my DD snuggles up to me and gives me cuddles. :)

That said, i miss the interaction with other adults sometimes...

Last edited:

Domique

no worries, i find my interaction with adults here at mummysg!
:)

Have been a SAHM since July 08. There's hardly time to get bored, only not enough time for myself... Looking after DD and doing the housework + cooking dinner every day take up almost all my time le..

Hubby is appreciative of what i do though i wonder if years down the road he'd still be so appreciative.

Communication is impt and hubby and i make it a point to talk about the day's happenings every day. Otherwise, we would be living in our own worlds - not healthy at all.

Sometimes i do think of going back to work but i dun trust anyone else to look after my DD. So I have to do it myself lor. In any case, DD's so close to me, i dun think i can just leave her and go back to work!

I think that the best reward of a SAHM is the close bond you share with your child. All the blues just go away when my DD snuggles up to me and gives me cuddles. :)

That said, i miss the interaction with other adults sometimes...

kuan

i've been a SAHM for almost 3 yrs. sometimes feel very 'sian' being a SAHM. 'sian' not as in nothing to do, its b'cos there r endless things to do and its so mundane, so routine , no private time....etc:we2arghh:. sometimes feel so depressed :tconfused: !! but like most SAHM , if want me to go back to work, i can't trust others to take care of my 2 DD, aged 10 and 6. these 2 are always quarrelling , makes me mad :wemad:. elder DD is very emotional, i find it more and more diffcult to talk to her, dun know when she will flare up?? yes , i think we need adult interaction, need to talk to people to relieve stress.. maybe SAHM sharing the same sentiments as me can occassionally meet up to talk and destress :wewink: !!

nasha

sometimes feel very 'sian' being a SAHM. 'sian' not as in nothing to do, its b'cos there r endless things to do and its so mundane, so routine , no private time....etc:we2arghh:. sometimes feel so depressed

Cant agree more! A SAHM since '04, seldom pass by 1 day w/o feeling sian..
Besides freedom, loss of financial independence, hv also lost touch wz lots of friends.. But then again, i guess 2b able to witness your kids growth from inf to toddler then to big children @home is a valuable & wonderful experience and its just not the same if u r a workin mum wz only few hours @home..

So cheers for all mummysg SAHM!

snowbear

I think SAHMs are too stressed up sometimes. Sometimes i find myself so frustrated that i'd just end up crying. Then my DH will come and sayang me... haha...

shespice

hello, i am not a SAHM but now still considering whether to be or not.:tconfused:i have a bb gal, now coming to 5 months and she's with nanny. each day as i hand her over to nanny i get this feeling that i wish i do not have to do that and everyday after work, can't wait to get her back. have friends who suggest that i quit work and just spend time with bb coz they grow fast and soon i would be missing out on her growing years. have been working all my life so not sure if can adapt to not working now although i enjoy every moment with bb. also another consideration is that if i stop work now, i likely may not be able to get back to work again coz i am a "matured" mom :p.
meantime....still thinking.........
any suggestion or advice?
thanks so much. :)

Domique

Do u mind me asking how "matured" are you?

Maybe many mummies here same as u... but went back to workforce after few years?

hello, i am not a SAHM but now still considering whether to be or not.:tconfused:i have a bb gal, now coming to 5 months and she's with nanny. each day as i hand her over to nanny i get this feeling that i wish i do not have to do that and everyday after work, can't wait to get her back. have friends who suggest that i quit work and just spend time with bb coz they grow fast and soon i would be missing out on her growing years. have been working all my life so not sure if can adapt to not working now although i enjoy every moment with bb. also another consideration is that if i stop work now, i likely may not be able to get back to work again coz i am a "matured" mom :p.
meantime....still thinking.........
any suggestion or advice?
thanks so much. :)

Lotus

in the 40s already :p
I'm in my late 30s and a SAHM. I quit 5 years ago - can't believe the time has gone by.

I find the biggest issue is dealing with your own personal fulfilment. It's great being a SAHM but finding external avenues of satisfaction which I once gained from work has been really difficult to find. I love the excitement, stress, challenge of working; which motherhood or a hobby just can't satisfy.

I envisage that I will return to work in about 1 - 2 years time. I don't worry about my abilities as I do believe the skills I acquired during my career are still in me, only just being utilised in a different way. My age when I return can be viewed both negatively and positively. Youth can be an asset but it can never replace the maturity, experience and knowledge I have gained. Those who deem me too old are obviously not the right company for me.

For you my biggest concern would relate to the current global economic situation. Many companies are suffering so if you elect to quit, you may not have many opportunities to return if you change your mind.