Seek recommendations for Christian gynae

MrsChia

Chirstopher Chong from Gleneagles. qte famous n i think he's qte a nice gynae too. u can call 64743031 to make appt.

powerpuff321

Just to share my view, would never recommend Chris Chong to anyone, my visit to this gynae I feel was personally an absolute nightmare, was thinking what went wrong why so 'suay', then later on I heard that several other mommies also had encountered similar problem with this gynae.

dont know exactly what's going on, seems that he used to be quite good when he was still at KKH some years ago, now at GlenE there are lots more negative comments, see related thread below.

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f37/upset-male-gyne-9466/

redjn

I am not sure if he is a Christian Gynae or not but 1 thing for sure he is definately a very very very very very good gynae and a very funny & jovious guy.

I highly recommand him to be your gynae. you will be able to find alot of good review him online, just search & read about him.

Last edited:

powerpuff321

Redjn - you are recommending Dr Koh Cheng Huat yah ?

As for Dr Christopher Chong, in my personal view, I have to say, he's the worst dr I have ever encountered. Sharing from my own experience, I was very shocked and traumatised by the visit to his clinic, and left feeling seriously violated. It was after I asked around with friends what normally happens during their first gynae visit that I confirmed this was really not standard or routine such "body/breast examinations" by a male gynae. There was no explanation and no consent sought and done so abruptly that I felt I was totally caught by surprise. I later realise also that , in fact, NONE of the male gynaes my friends and colleagues went to, had done any such 'breast exams' with them, thru-out their pregnancies - at most, some were advised to do their own breast checks. I also realised some time later that I was not the only one who had bad experience with this gynae, you can see other feedback on Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in Singapore: Chong Yew Luen Christopher

redjn

Redjn - you are recommending Dr Koh Cheng Huat yah ?

As for Dr Christopher Chong, in my personal view, I have to say, he's the worst dr I have ever encountered. Sharing from my own experience, I was very shocked and traumatised by the visit to his clinic, and left feeling seriously violated. It was after I asked around with friends what normally happens during their first gynae visit that I confirmed this was really not standard or routine such "body/breast examinations" by a male gynae. There was no explanation and no consent sought and done so abruptly that I felt I was totally caught by surprise. I later realise also that , in fact, NONE of the male gynaes my friends and colleagues went to, had done any such 'breast exams' with them, thru-out their pregnancies - at most, some were advised to do their own breast checks. I also realised some time later that I was not the only one who had bad experience with this gynae, you can see other feedback on Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in Singapore: Chong Yew Luen Christopher
Yes, Dr Koh Cheng Huat is very good indeed.

annloh65

Hi,

I'm looking for a Christian gynae, preferably male. Any recommendations out there? Thanks!

I know that the Tow Yung Clinic is a Christian group of gynes. My good friend's doctor there is Dr Lim Teck Chye. If you want a female, look for Dr Tracy (sorry forgot her surname).

debbieong

Dr Poon King Fu at Hougang Ave 1 is Christian. And he's very nice and patient!! I'm currently seeing him for my first baby and my hubby is also pleased with Dr Poon and happy that he's a Christian.

I like to recommend him to people. 68581233

komal

I know this is a very old post but wish to say the same that he "Dr. Chris Chong- Gleaneagles Hospital" is a very good gynae. Any issues just mail him he quickly replies to your queries. Only issue is his rude nurses at the reception but those are the people of very less importance at that time as we are concerned with the baby and the feedback doc gives. "No doubt he is the best!"