Shld I go to a gynae? Who shld I choose???

mrs_eg

GOsh...

Im so spoilt for choice... I think I really have to filter out some and select a few to approach.. then make a final decision...

stonston

Dun mind me saying this but I find Dr Adrian's clinic very crowded, therefore his consults are very 'rushed'.

When I was scouting around for gynae 3 yrs ago, i made appt with him but i waited 1.5hours after my appt then i was able to see him! and he was not having delivery or anything, he was in his clinic the whole time. during the consult he couldn't find the sac so he jus ask me come back in 2 week's time, no explanation or anything given. So i gave up and went to another gynae. the other gynae also couldn't find the sac and he told us the possibilities (etopic - but he scanned outside the uterus plus fallopian tubes also cant find, chemical pregnancy, sac still too small to be seen, my bladder not full enuf make me drink 1 bottle of water then he scan again). He told us not to worry cos based on LMP, it should be the sac is too small. So told us go back in 2 week's time, but also informed us if got anything unusual like spotting/bleeding/cramps, straightaway go to TMC or Mt A's A&E and call him to inform him. He also mentally prepared us tt we should be able to see a sac plus a heartbeat by the nxt visit, if we dun, we gotta be prepared for some tests to investigate. Although it was not nice news to hear when u should be happily pregnant, but at least we had all the info and the possibilities laid out for us. And he kept assuring me to jus relax and take good care of myself cos i'm very skinny (i was onli 37kg at tt time). and he said if it's worst case scenario, it's ok cos i'm still young and can try again and he even said he'll teach me to monitor my ovulation to increase my chances (although i already knew how to, but i guess he tot i'm so young so i wont bother abt such things).
I decided to see the other gynae and nvr regretted although his package was more exp than Dr Adrian.

My fren who recently delivered under Dr Adrian also said she din enjoy his consults cos of the waiting time plus when he delivered for her, he had 4 other patients who were delivering the same day and he was so busy he onli came in to see the actual delivery. The other checks and stuff were all done by the nurses. After hearing tt, i was even more convinced tt i did not make the wrong decision to choose my gynae. cos my gynae came to see me 3 times before i delivered. once when i first admitted, another to check if i'm dilated and another to ask me if i wan epidural. And for every appt, the longest i've waited was 1/2hour cos he jus finish a delivery and was on his way back to the clinic. After sharing with my fren abt my gynae, she's also determined to try him out for her next birth. and at tt time i shared with her, her baby was not even 1 week old!

It's really up to you. Do you mind waiting? cos for me i would hate waiting esp when i'm pregnant, tired after a day at work and sometimes after waiting so long, dr gotta rush out to deliver baby n ur appt is rescheduled.

it's all abt personal preference cos i got frens who prefer the gynae talk less so they dunnid to worry so much. you must tell urself tt if u realli dun like the gynae, u must be ready and willing to change until u find the right gynae for urself :)

btw, my gynae is Dr Woo at Punggol Plaza. He also has a clinic at Tiong Bahru :)

mrs_eg

dont mind me saying this but I find Dr Adrian's clinic very crowded, therefore his consults are very 'rushed'.

When I was scouting around for gynae 3 yrs ago, i made appt with him but i waited 1.5hours after my appt then i was able to see him! and he was not having delivery or anything, he was in his clinic the whole time. during the consult he couldn't find the sac so he just ask me come back in 2 week's time, no explanation or anything given. So i gave up and went to another gynae. the other gynae also couldn't find the sac and he told us the possibilities (etopic - but he scanned outside the uterus plus fallopian tubes also cant find, chemical pregnancy, sac still too small to be seen, my bladder not full enuf make me drink 1 bottle of water then he scan again). He told us not to worry cos based on LMP, it should be the sac is too small. So told us go back in 2 week's time, but also informed us if got anything unusual like spotting/bleeding/cramps, straightaway go to Thomson Medical Center or Mt A's A&E and call him to inform him. He also mentally prepared us that we should be able to see a sac plus a heartbeat by the nxt visit, if we dont, we gotta be prepared for some tests to investigate. Although it was not nice news to hear when you should be happily pregnant, but at least we had all the info and the possibilities laid out for us. And he kept assuring me to just relax and take good care of myself cos i'm very skinny (i was onli 37kg at that time). and he said if it's worst case scenario, it's ok cos i'm still young and can try again and he even said he'll teach me to monitor my ovulation to increase my chances (although i already knew how to, but i guess he thought i'm so young so i wont bother about such things).
I decided to see the other gynae and never regretted although his package was more exp than Dr Adrian.

My friend who recently delivered under Dr Adrian also said she did not enjoy his consults cos of the waiting time plus when he delivered for her, he had 4 other patients who were delivering the same day and he was so busy he onli came in to see the actual delivery. The other checks and stuff were all done by the nurses. After hearing that, i was even more convinced that i did not make the wrong decision to choose my gynae. cos my gynae came to see me 3 times before i delivered. once when i first admitted, another to check if i'm dilated and another to ask me if i want epidural. And for every appt, the longest i've waited was 1/2hour cos he just finish a delivery and was on his way back to the clinic. After sharing with my friend about my gynae, she's also determined to try him out for her next birth. and at that time i shared with her, her baby was not even 1 week old!

It's really up to you. Do you mind waiting? cos for me i would hate waiting esp when i'm pregnant, tired after a day at work and sometimes after waiting so long, dr gotta rush out to deliver baby and your appt is rescheduled.

it's all about personal preference cos i got friends who prefer the gynae talk less so they dunnid to worry so much. you must tell yourself that if you really dont like the gynae, you must be ready and willing to change until you find the right gynae for yourself :)

btw, my gynae is Dr Woo at Punggol Plaza. He also has a clinic at Tiong Bahru :)

Thank you very much for the interesting feedback... I did learn a new 'point' which I need to consider too when choosing a gynae... "waiting time vs my patience"

Btw, may I know which hospital does Dr Woo gives birth at? Dr Woo at punggol Plaza? There is only one clinic there? Wats the clinic's name???

stonston

Dr Woo has another clinic under TMC at Tiong Bahru. I can't rmb his clinic name at PP but I tink he's the onli gynae clinic there :)

He delivers at Mt A or TMC :)

I send my wife to see gynae when she is only 3 weeks. Better kan chiong den sorry. Somehow we are 1st timer,so lagi must seek professional advises.

mrs_eg

So did you went for doc ang?
Nope not yet... Cos im not in sin... why do you ask??? you can help me get discount ar??? Hahaha.... ;)

Actually was thinking of looking for lady gynae... Cos was thinkin if i will b use to another man looking at me???

Bt then again alot has been said on hw male gynae are much patient and gentle

Anyway im just 1 confused person...

I think i will try both male and female and c how...

Btw sun plaza is sembawang area???
Abit inaccessible for me i think.... Cos I stay sengkang...

Last edited:

stonston

Mrs Eg, if you dun mind going to Punggol to see gynae, can try Dr Woo (male gynae) @ Punggol Plaza. He's very gentle & caring. You won't feel embarrassed cos he's more fatherly & he'll tell you what to expect.

Btw sun plaza is sembawang area??? Abit inaccessible for me i think.... Cos I stay sengkang...[/quote said:
Yah... at sembawang. Anyway, u can see i stay at punggol. So what's the problem if now mrt circle line is up...take me roughly less then 30min to reach there.. No matter how far it is, there always near for the baby. As for Doc Ang, he sometime will told off your hubby as i kanna once for being ignorance to so call made my wife to eat n eat. After that hor, i let my wife to choose and control her own diet. At least the mummy will not get heartburn for having too much food. But of coz, better to choose wisely. Dr Ang was strongly recommended by my sis in law. I agree with her now as Dr Ang really aways there for me n wife anytime anyday if got doubts. First timer always lagi more kanchiong and kiasu. But was treated patiently no matter what by him. :p