Shopping for Strollers

woofy55

hi mummies.. wanna ask which brand of strollers you all bought/buying?

i went shopping with hubby just now.. and found something quite "stylo" - Gelite Gogo +maxicosi infant seat, but only to find out after surfing the web that Gelite Gogo is from Taiwan. Not sure how comfortable is that, from the appearance it looks solid .. but.. hmm.. Anyone using Gelite Gogo? What's your comment on this stroller?

Another one we considering is Quinny Zapp/Buzz. Zapp will fit into our boot more comfortably, Buzz will be a little tight. Both of it can also changable to using maxicosi infant seat. However for Zapp, there's no reclining option for 6-7 mths onwards - only upright position. :( should it be a concern? I find that it will be uncomfortable if baby can't lie back and Rest and Relax and if he feel like sleeping, he will need to sleep in that position.

So, should i buy buzz instead, having 3 reclining options. Or i should go ahead and buy Gelite Gogo cos not only it has reclining option, its seat can also be convertible into a Bassinet and also compatible with maxicosi infant seat.

What are your views? Or your recommendations?

redjn

actually the type u should get is the one that will last u thro' at least fm newborn till 2 yrs old.

I knew some brands like : combi, Capella, Maclaren, APRICA there are as good. Have u check out on these brands?

I know at Baby Kingdom u can find various type of stroller selection, u may like to go there to take a look or u can checkout the website :

Homepage - Baby Kingdom

Triquetra

I haven't bought a stroller as I don't think I will use it very soon. I am also worried that people might give stroller during baby shower >.<"

yellowpudding

hi mummies.. wanna ask which brand of strollers you all bought/buying?

i went shopping with hubby just now.. and found something quite "stylo" - Gelite Gogo +maxicosi infant seat, but only to find out after surfing the web that Gelite Gogo is from Taiwan. Not sure how comfortable is that, from the appearance it looks solid .. but.. hmm.. Anyone using Gelite Gogo? What's your comment on this stroller?

Another one we considering is Quinny Zapp/Buzz. Zapp will fit into our boot more comfortably, Buzz will be a little tight. Both of it can also changable to using maxicosi infant seat. However for Zapp, there's no reclining option for 6-7 mths onwards - only upright position. :( should it be a concern? I find that it will be uncomfortable if baby can't lie back and Rest and Relax and if he feel like sleeping, he will need to sleep in that position.

So, should i buy buzz instead, having 3 reclining options. Or i should go ahead and buy Gelite Gogo cos not only it has reclining option, its seat can also be convertible into a Bassinet and also compatible with maxicosi infant seat.

What are your views? Or your recommendations?
woofy55, i bought a Quinny Speedi (it's the largest model under Quinny itself, able to withstand up to 20kg, its a 3 wheeler and meant to be a jogger style) and along with a Maxicosi Cabriofix Infant carseat (compatible with Quinny)

I noticed that for babies 6-7 months, they tend to be more curious hence some prefer more of a "sitting position", the maxicosi carseat works somewhat in this way and save me the hassle of transferring my daughter in and out of a stroller, all i need to do is to remove carseat from the the Quinny itself and collapse the Quinny and place it into my car boot.

Do note that for Maxicosi Cabriofix, it can withstand up to 13kg hence making it able to last till your baby till 1 year old. :)

But of course, the downside is that given that the Quinny Speedi's large size, hence it takes up at least half of my car boot. Other than that, I like the smoothness function it gave me, along with that "brake" system when I bring my gal out while going for a slow jog. :)

Personally I have tried out both the Buzz and Zapp before settling down for the Speedi. I find that for Zapp, as it's lightweight and very compact hence making it a little more "fragile" as compared to Buzz and Speedi. Whereas for Buzz, no doubt that it can be both forward and backwards facing but however doesn't seem to be much use for me as I am using the compatible maxicosi. One of my criteria is also the stability of the stroller, as I am looking for one that I can bring along when I am out jogging. Hence the Speedi works best for me :)

Hope this helps and good luck for your search :)

SunShine07

Ya, you never know wait end up having 2 stroller at home.
yup agreed...i end up buying 4 strollers, luckily manage to sell it off....but the best is maclaren, it is light weight from newborn to age like 4-5 yrs old....can sitt up to 25-30kg depending on the modern.

If u wan to find stroller, maybe eu can go to baby hyper store @ No. 61 kaki bukit ave 1, shun li industrial building, they got many brands there, and the sales staff are friendly to assist you. Somemore, price are much cheaper compare to outside.

me bought 3 strollers there :001_302:

stonston

I'm a cheapo mummy. Did not consider all the branded strollers like Maclaren, Quinny, Aprica, Combi, etc. Loaned an Aprica from my cousin for first 2 months because we were worried ppl will give stroller & we had not made up our minds on which cheapo brand to buy. Then came across a 'branded' but cheap stroller on sale. Graco. It's a travel model. Compact but sturdy. And it was only $70! I bought 2, one for my mum's place, one for my place. So if heading out from either place, dunnid to worry about going home to get stroller. More convenient for my parents to bring my boy down for walks in the park too. The best part I like about it is that you can open & close with 1 hand. I can bring the stroller & my son out on my own. If he's asleep in the stoller, I can actually lift the whole stroller with him inside (I'm very small size, just in case you dunno). & it can recline totally flat for my boy to nap :)

I'm glad I did not spend alot on the stroller cos my boy stopped sitting in stroller when he turned 18mths old. He preferred to walk & will hold our hands to walk. & cos he's older, he can 'hold on' to his nap till we reach the car or reach home. So abit no point buying those big stroller that can sit up to 20kg cos my boy stop sitting in stroller when was onli only 12kg :p

Catty

Agreed that Capella is a good and affordable stroller but now they seems to be selling more on a heavy & bulky model, cant rem what are those model no .. :001_302:

Now i trying to wait/look for Combi stroller TM-359 to be on sale (usual price is $239.00) which i think is more light & convienent to bring to shopping or put in the car boot..

Last edited:

SunShine07

Agreed that Capella is a good and affordable stroller but now they seems to be selling more on a heavy & bulky model, cant rem what are those model no .. :001_302:

Now i trying to wait/look for Combi stroller to be on sale (you/P$239.00) which i think is more light & convienent to bring to shopping or put in the car boot..
acutally marclaren stroller would be a better choice if u wan a light weight and easy to fold.....combi not very strudy :)

SunShine07

for me i prefer maclaren after trying few brands....it is light, easy to fold with a hand, small but sturdy, can sit up to 25kg....during sale at warehouse also very cheap

heheh, sounds like a promoted for their brand :p

Last edited:

deela07

we have 2 strollers. one is capella and the other is lucky baby.
capella-it's not sturdy(wobbly), small
lucky baby-the handle bar is not aligned. heavy
both of the hadle bar for the strollers are non-adjustable which sucks when am wearing 4 inch heels. i've to hunch my shoulders while pushing the stroller.

we've borrowed a peg perego stroller for 3 months.though heavy, it's a good stroller as it's fully reclinable, big basket, spacious, the handle is adjustable, can hand loads of shopping bags.

however i dont agree that kaki bukit offer the lowest prices(i bought the capella stroller there at 199. elsewhere is about 20 cheaper). you shld check out stores like isetan, robinsons, taka, mother care etc. all the shops mentioned offer store and card discounts frm time to time. heard taka having baby fair soon, worth checking out as it offers taka card disc.
be sure to head down to taka baby fair :)

hubby and me bought quinny buzz and maxi cozy car seat for our boy. we got it at kaki bukit at promotional price(black colour) for $700+ and the maxi cozy was also cheaper and they still have 2008 collection which was more colourful. we find that the quinny buzz has the best padded seat thus more comfy for baby and can be used from newborn onwards. i don't mind it's weight as it makes the stroller very sturdy. my hubby drives and i seldom go out alone so that is why we chose buzz.