Shopping

newbie2009

im also itchy backside wanna start buying stuffs for baby and im only 10 weeks!!! haha.

Dont know the gender yet very hard to buy leh. want to buy pink, scarly its a boy, want to buy blue, scarly its a girl. buy too many whites, boring.. haha

I am just thinking where the H to put crib.. so big . should i place it beside my bed? or with CL? or baby sleep with me?

my bedrm not so big. not enough space it seems.. :err:
Did you get all the things u need for the baby le? how many mths preggie are you? know if its a boy or girl le or not? when is your EDD?

newbie2009

i dint start my shopping early cos i was waiting for XMAS sale, then CNY sale...

ahhahaha

now all that is over, I have also stocked up quite abit lah...no more shopping liao

sometimes shop too early, u also worry about whether the items are really necessary

e.g. the wooden cot i got. it was second hand from a friend, FOC... then end up i bought a playpen which i will use with mattress as a bed...cos the wooden cot too big to push through the bedroom doors, whereas a playpen is more mobile...

then stroller, i bought when i was about 29 weeks preg...we took a SUPER long while to decide the model we wanted...then finally decided on this LUCKYBABY stroller becos we have been considering it and finally it was on sale! hahahah

bit by bit lah...dont rush!

i think if u first trimester now, u still can wait for the great singapore sale right?
from what i heard, its not a good idea to use the playpen as a bed leh.
hmm...good idea. mayb wait for the GSS to start to buy the bb things.

newbie2009

the wooden cot was second hand , that is why it took him a while to assemble. the grooves for the screw is already abit out of "shape" ... very troublesome for him to undo then assemble again...

luckily i still got space in the second living room to just push it aside...am using it to store bb's stuff for now
hahahhaa

see whether next time want to let bb sleep in it during the day lor.

why i bring up this incident to share is becos i think some pple also buy cot very early, then end up regretting....lucky mine was FOC, so not much of a pinch, except poor hubby wasted effort...hahaha

as for clothes, if u are excited, buy those neutral ones ...

i only knew abt bb's gender at 20weeks...before that, relatives gave me some old bb clothes. girls and boys. so now i hand the girls clothes to another friend. :)

pass it on, pass it on !
Hopefully can know the gender of my bb soon.

Btw all these bb clothes and bb stuff are clogging up my store room. only got afew things that are handled down from friends, and the store full liao. by the time I go full steam to buy bb stuff...i think no place to walk liao.....haha. alittle exaggerative hor.

Jovyna

Me and my hubby din get anything till i'm about 7-8months... before that everytime when i wanted to get something, my mum will said its still early lar... dun buy first... how irritating... argh!!!

newbie2009

Me and my hubby din get anything till i'm about 7-8months... before that everytime when i wanted to get something, my mum will said its still early lar... dun buy first... how irritating... argh!!!
I just got most of my things yesterday at the taka fair. spend quite abit yday. i think the things at the fair can consider to buy. quite a good buy.

anyone plan to start shopping? especially when GSS has just started?
hubby and me plan to get those expensive stuff cos during sale can save up quite abit? like stroller, breast pump, sterilizer, etc.

apollo

anyone plan to start shopping? especially when GSS has just started?
hubby and me plan to get those expensive stuff cos during sale can save up quite abit? like stroller, breast pump, sterilizer, etc.
u can go to the coming motherhood fair?? normally these baby fair got breast pump, steriliser etc... so envy u can go GSS... during tt period i think i'm on confinement =(

apollo

Hi regina, may i know more about the fair?? as in where and when??
thanks...
4-7 june at expo if i'm not wrong... hehe... sure alot ppl de so pls be careful if u're going.. tt time i went mother&baby fair keep knock my tummy on those trolley and lotsa ppl snatch clothes without seeing me in front lo...

izanyzam

Hopefully as assured by my gynae,he would be able to see my baby's gender during my next appoinment (hopefully baby will be co-operative too..!!).Coz my appt happen to be on the 6th of june..So after appoinment,and once i know the gender,i will go down to the Motherhood fair @ Spore expo..!! :Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub:

I also believe dat its easier and more appropriate to start shopping bit by bit once you know the baby's gender.. :001_302:

4-7 june at expo if i'm not wrong... hehe... sure alot ppl so pls be careful if you're going.. that time i went mother&baby fair keep knock my tummy on those trolley and lotsa ppl snatch clothes without seeing me in front ...
thanks for the info!! will take note and ask hubby walk in front so i don't get knocked, hehe..

sufeit0115

Want to check normally when u start shopping for baby items? After know the gender? I am only 13 weeks, won't it be too early?

CanCanMum

some will start during 2nd trimester, becoz theres still ample time to slowly pick and choose...plus added advantage is you would have known the gender by 20weeks.

some will start shopping only during 3rd trimester (Like me) either wanted to wait or simply no time. Actually i only bought a few pcs of cute clothings for my baby boy last time, rest is bao ka liao by my cousin, coz i also got no experience in what to buy or which brand is good. (She bought everything for me)

as for sarong/baby cot, we hunt only after delivery~:tlaugh:

Want to check normally when you start shopping for baby items? After know the gender? I am only 13 weeks, won't it be too early?
you can start anytime, it all depend on people prefferences. some start as early as 8 weeks cos they don't want to spend alot in a month, so if start early can spend and buy bit by bit per month so you won't get a shock when you see your credit card bills or huge chunks gone in the savings. and now is GSS so can find great bargain. im gonna start by this weekend and i'm 12weeks+ now :001_302:

yellowpudding

Want to check normally when you start shopping for baby items? After know the gender? I am only 13 weeks, won't it be too early?
I started when I am about 16 weeks cause I prefer not have to last minute rush on what to get (sometimes we tend to forget some minor stuffs). :)

MaMa_P

I did my shopping about 26 weeks. When i know the gender of my baby. Then 1 week before deliver do checking of list. Then after i deliver, i realised not enough. My hubby have to go buy somemore.

So i think no matter how early you buy the stuff. It will never be ready.
You get what i mean?

Anyway, yours is really still ealry. You can look around and compare prices.
Best of lucks!

ochklk

Dun buy so much, you will get alot of gift box set on yr first month celebration... My boy quite big, cannot wear those new born gift box set. Got about ten over box in my boy's cupboard, think can give to his brother or sister to wear next time.

M&M

if have plans for more kids, maybe can try to buy more white and yellow colours clothings. white and yellow colours is more unisex. hehehe..:tlaugh: