Should I go for natural or cesarean birth?

angelwendy

After reading all your replies here, made me wanna try natural again. I Agree sometimes we can't choose or plan ahead. Was thinking even if I choose c sect, say, at 38 weeks, if baby wanna come out at 37 weeks, I still gotta go natural.. Hehee... Shun Qi Zhi Ran now !

Seems like most mummies develop piles also. Did doc give any medication to ease it after birth? By the wAy, since all experienced mummies r here, can I ask, how does baby hiccups feel like? I always feel a light thumping/ kicking at lower abdomen( like heartbeat) but very consistent ! Happens maybe twice a day.

Sorry for asking so many qns=p
Don't worry about asking lots of qns.. haha.. i preggy also ask alot... because first time mum ma...:001_302: yes... actually quite a lot of mummy got piles when they r preggy... if is painful then u tell ur gynae.. then they will give cream & a pill to insert to relieve it...

As for baby hiccup... the tummy will vibrant... haha.. like a hp inside.. it will happen quite often as they develop the lungs...:001_302:

ohh yeshh i got piles from 3rd trimester onwards

my mum says apply a bit of Zambak at the piles areas will ease the pain....

it went off by itself around 1 month after my delivery.
CancanMum, I think your threshold for pain damn high!*salute* u went natural without epi?? I think if I go natural, I will immediately ask for epi aldy. :shyxxx:n Zambak can be applied there ma?? Tot for bruises only?hope mine goes off soon keke

dont't worry about asking lots of qns.. haha.. i preggy also ask alot... because first time mum ...:001_302: yes... actually quite a lot of mummy got piles when they r preggy... if is painful then you tell your gynae.. then they will give cream & a pill to insert to relieve it...

As for baby hiccup... the tummy will vibrant... haha.. like a hp inside.. it will happen quite often as they develop the lungs...:001_302:
Thanks angelwendy! Recently can't get I to sleep well n wake up feeling really tired! Thx to the extra toilet trips... Been feeling v tired again hehee... Stressed up duno for what also, think of cesarean or natural makes me stressed enough hahaa sometimes I worry over the slightest thgs:shyxxx:

the 'hiccups' I get doesn't feel like vibrations keke..maybe I got it wrong hahaa anyway,
How many mths old is your boy ( if I'm not wrong) aldy?? How r u coping?:Dancing_wub:

angelwendy

Thanks angelwendy! Recently can't get I to sleep well n wake up feeling really tired! Thx to the extra toilet trips... Been feeling very tired again hehee... Stressed up dont know for what also, think of cesarean or natural makes me stressed enough hahaa sometimes I worry over the slightest thgs:shyxxx:

the 'hiccups' I get doesn't feel like vibrations keke..maybe I got it wrong hahaa anyway,
How many mths old is your boy ( if I'm not wrong) already?? How r you coping?:Dancing_wub:
Haha.. extra toliet trip is pretty normal... it will carry on till u birth... don't get too stress.. baby will feel it... :001_302: try to be a happy mum.. don't think about the c sect or natural..

My boy is already 4 months 1 week old.. time flys... at first i feel is hard to cope.. but now ok...:tlaugh: it takes time to learn to be a mum... even till now.. i still learning...

CanCanMum

CancanMum, I think your threshold for pain damn high!*salute* you went natural without epi?? I think if I go natural, I will immediately ask for epi already. :shyxxx:n Zambak can be applied there ?? thought for bruises only?hope mine goes off soon keke
lOlzzzzzzzz

Zambak has a cooling effect lOlzzzzzz

apollo

ohh yeshh i got piles from 3rd trimester onwards

my mum says apply a bit of Zambak at the piles areas will ease the pain....

it went off by itself around 1 month after my delivery.
zambak????!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooo... Can imagine the pain you went thru! Alot of medicine doesn't wrk for me also hahaa! Was prescribed a few laxatives by gynae but still constipated. Kaoz,.... Nearly bought Enema to let out everythg. Hahaa like very shiok like that.can't wait to c gynae again! dont know y he put my next visit 3weeks later, thought supposed to go evy 2 weeks . By the way, Apollo, are you a wrking mu
? Coz I'm not wrking already but not sure if sud be a full
time mum. Think I will go crazy staying home all day!:001_302:
ya none of the medi work for me. mine was pretty bad tt time. but no one understand, my mum just told me "it's v normal.. i also had it when i was preg..." but mine was tt kind, i cant even walk! my gynae told me to rest on the bed, lying sideway.... and aft 1-2weeks of resting, not tt pain alrdy, i go out get things, come back history repeat again. HAHA!

i only go for 2 week appt when i reach last 2 mths preg..

nope i'm full time SAHM. ehh i think when ur bb comes, u wont feel 'craxy' alrdy. perhaps the 1st 3mths u might feel v 'crazy' cos u dunno ur bb well yet. but aft tt ur baby shd hav a routine and ur time will pass v fast n smoothly. =)

CanCanMum

hahaha~~~i applied once nia~~coz only helps to cool down (the burning sensation after poo was terrible) lOlzzzz..........after tat din apply anymore liaOO coz no use oso, only helps to cool down doesnt subside wadever lOlzzz

k0911005

Hey.. Take the time to actually decide what you want.. Both C-sections and natural vaginal delivery has their advantages and disadvantages..
C-section started off as a form of emergency medicine..
Read this article and it might help you

Pros and Cons of C-section

Good luck with your decision Mummy!!!

maine78

I had natural birth with epi. My stitches did not dissolve or drop off itself after 6weeks. Gynae had to manually cut off the stitches and it's very painful. My wound got infected with pus even though i wash my wound with salt water. Gynae said i'm suay to happen to be the very few who got this. My wound took 4mths to heal completely. So i'm opting for c-sec this next one.

apollo

I had natural birth with epi. My stitches did not dissolve or drop off itself after 6weeks. Gynae had to manually cut off the stitches and it's very painful. My wound got infected with pus even though i wash my wound with salt water. Gynae said i'm suay to happen to be the very few who got this. My wound took 4mths to heal completely. So i'm opting for c-sec this next one.
actu those who get infection from stitches means the person skin is quite sensitive. my dad had an OP and he was also those one of few who get infection and took few mths to recover.

honestly speaking, since tt's the case, i feel tt even u take c-seect, the chances of the wound getting infected is also quite high. not to 'curse' u but just stating a fact. mayb u can discuss with ur gynae which is best for u =)

maine78

actually those who get infection from stitches means the person skin is quite sensitive. my dad had an OP and he was also those one of few who get infection and took few mths to recover.

honestly speaking, since that's the case, i feel that even you take c-seect, the chances of the wound getting infected is also quite high. not to 'curse' you but just stating a fact. mayb you can discuss with your gynae which is best for you =)
I'm kinda prepared myself too tat i'll get an infection from c-sec. But getting an infection up here is definition easier (in terms of handling/cleaning) than getting an infection down there. Maybe i got the phobia oredi, i can still vividly remember the pain when i do small/big biz during the 1st 4 mths.

apollo

I'm kinda prepared myself too that i'll get an infection from c-sec. But getting an infection up here is definition easier (in terms of handling/cleaning) than getting an infection down there. Maybe i got the phobia oredi, i can still vividly remember the pain when i do small/big biz during the 1st 4 mths.
got what u mean! :001_302:

yeah i agree! if infection below + difficulty in 'pooping', omg! i cant imagine..... hopefully when i bring up my concerns w gynae this fri, he can give me some suggestions. However, my gynae always encourage natural birth..aiyo......headache:err:

ya none of the medi work for me. mine was pretty bad that time. but no one understand, my mum just told me "it's very normal.. i also had it when i was preg..." but mine was that kind, i cant even walk! my gynae told me to rest on the bed, lying sideway.... and after 1-2weeks of resting, not that pain alrdy, i go out get things, come back history repeat again. HAHA!

i only go for 2 week appt when i reach last 2 mths preg..

nope i'm full time stay at home mum. ehh i think when your baby comes, you wont feel 'craxy' alrdy. perhaps the 1st 3mths you might feel very 'crazy' cos you dont know your baby well yet. but after that your baby should hav a routine and your time will pass very fast n smoothly. =)
those thgs r really 'a pain in the ass!' damn irritating. always v sian to go toilet hahaa:shyxxx:

really hope i can cope w baby for the first few mths coz im always very prone to depression :001_302: Now then i realised actually ive only stopped wrking for about less than 3 mths nia but it feels like a yr already! my goodness....so boring....:SLEEP:

apollo

those thgs r really 'a pain in the ass!' damn irritating. always very sian to go toilet hahaa:shyxxx:

really hope i can cope w baby for the first few mths coz im always very prone to depression :001_302: Now then i realised actually ive only stopped wrking for about less than 3 mths nia but it feels like a yr already! my goodness....so boring....:SLEEP:
i must be frank to u, the 1st 3 mths of motherhood is nv easy, but many (or in fact all) mothers has survived thru. i always believe in mother instinct, though stress, but once u 'know' ur baby well, everything will turns out okay. =)

By the way, I heard some gynaes dont encourage c sect, anyone under dr Benjamin tham? Not sure he will allow c sect? =(

you're seeing dr tham? if you do he's very pro-natural gynae. if your pregnancy is all well he won't want to do c-sect. during my pregnancy my mom wants me to go for c-sect cos she don't want me to go through the pain and become 'loose' down there. told dr. tham and he just told me 'Noooo.. don't go for c-sect lah your pregnancy is all well!'

those thgs r really 'a pain in the ass!' damn irritating. always very sian to go toilet hahaa:shyxxx:

try breastfeeding your baby exclusively, this helps to prevent post-natal depression. i was depressed throughout my pregnancy cos had morning sickness for whole 9 months. after i gave birth can feel the mood swing and anxiety but luckily the bond with baby is so strong i didn't need anymore anti-depressant pills.

you're seeing dr tham? if you do he's very pro-natural gynae. if your pregnancy is all well he won't want to do c-sect. during my pregnancy my mom wants me to go for c-sect cos she dont't want me to go through the pain and become 'loose' down there. told dr. tham and he just told me 'Noooo.. dont't go for c-sect your pregnancy is all well!'
Oh no!! That was my biggest worry!Yup seeing dr tham. Heard he 's very very pro natural too. Oh dear... Actually my mum kept advising me to go for c sect too coz like ur mum, she said below will be loose too. I guess she believes though baby is impt , hubby is impt too! So muz have a happy sex life! Hahaa !

Headache man...

i must be frank to you, the 1st 3 mths of motherhood is never easy, but many (or in fact all) mothers has survived thru. i always believe in mother instinct, though stress, but once you 'know' your baby well, everything will turns out okay. =)
Hahaa most of my frens warned me of the hellish moments I have to go thru for the first three mths too. Sorta prepared for d worst to come aldy. Hope I dun give up too easily! Jia you!!