Should I quit?

apollo

since ur finanicial side is okay, then i think u shd quit and spend more time with ur baby.

i'm sure most (or in fact all) the mummies here wish to spend time with their babies and take care of their babies on their own. Just that most (i mean most not all) mummies have to wk in order to ease their hubbies' financial burden

since u have the chance to be a full time SAHM and watch ur baby grow up, take good care of him, make sure he will not fall ill so often, why not? =)

autumn82

If you don't have any financial burdens and able to cope with just savings & DH's salary & you're not appreciated at work despite "sold" your soul to the co., I think you should just quit and spend quality time with your baby. They grow up really fast w/o you realising it. :)

When they grow up, you can go back to workforce if you still miss it. :001_302:

Ting

imo, if i hv the finances, i would resign n look after my child for a 1-2 years then get back into the workforce.

bbee09

Well, judging from your current situation and financial status, I will think that it will be better for you to quit unless you are able to find a nanny who you can entrust your baby upon. I do agree with diymummy as well. My hubby is also in the IT line too. It's quite hard for them to go back to the IT line after some time as they will lose touch with the latest technology.

You can still go back to working full time after 1 - 2 years if you really want to work.

hakisumi

if i have financial, i would stay home to look after my son too...
you have savings.. and you 2 lead a simple life.. ur savings shld last you a while

plus i personally think.. 1 company wouldnt die w/o some1.. maybe they call u afew times for help..slowly they wouldnt call ler...

plus i think occasional bring work back to home is ok.. not always.. this affects the time you rest or even the time with ur kid

sekali once you stay at home with ur kid.. u also dun wan to go back work already..

Phoebii Cheng

Im for one, I like my job....even though we are financially stable, I still would like to work, cos' for me I dun like the idea of spending time 24/7 at home with my son.......doing household chores, that is not my calling yet at the moment

But if you feel that that is ur calling to be a homemaker at this season, and both u & ur hubby will not be financially strapped, then I feel that you should go ahead and quit ur job and enjoy the time spend with ur son

Time will not rewind for u.....:tlaugh:

As u can see from alot of posts that after u quit to be a Stay At Home Mum, either u will love it straight away or u might take awhile to get used to it. But to me from what i read from yr posts, i feel that u shpuldnt have a problem adjusting to it.

Since yr family is finanically stable and yr husband salary can support the whole family then resigned and take care of yr baby full time. You will love it. Seeing all the first times of yr son.

I would have really like to be a stay-at-home-mom to take care of my children and watch them grow. Sigh.... But not alot of us are so fortunate.

Also since u have a high-rank post that means u have alot of experience so most likely, if u found staying at home is not yr style then u should be able to get a job easily. So u still have a safety net there.

If yr husband agrees and feel that it is best for the baby then quit and take care of yr baby. Dont let yrself get so stress up that u miss the good times with yr baby. Plus in yr suitation now, yr relationship with yr husband will take its toll because u will hardly get time to spend together.

But in the end, it is up to u. What all of us are saying is alomost the same. Take care.

littlehelper

if you quit do u have a guarentee you will be able to go back when your child is older?
Are you able to work from home??
If it is possible, its a good option.Both income and able to spend more time with your child.
Then mayb can get a part time maid or someone to help either with kid or household chores.

Starbat11

Im for one, I like my job....even though we are financially stable, I still would like to work, cos' for me I dont like the idea of spending time 24/7 at home with my son.......doing household chores, that is not my calling yet at the moment

But if you feel that that is your calling to be a homemaker at this season, and both you & your hubby will not be financially strapped, then I feel that you should go ahead and quit your job and enjoy the time spend with your son

Time will not rewind for you.....:tlaugh:
Haha, I dont realie knw hw to do household chores. I will still get a part time helper to do it instead. I think my main role is to look after bb well. :tlaugh:

autumn82

Haha, I dont realie knw hw to do household chores. I will still get a part time helper to do it instead. I think my main role is to look after baby well. :tlaugh:
I get a part time helper to come over weekly for a day to clean the whole house too. :) So don't have to worry about chores. :tlaugh: