sleeping pattern + mattress

isabelandrew

my DD is 3mths+ and need to be carried to sleep ALL THE TIME, especially in the daytime. she is getting heavier and is really taxing for my mil and maid taking care of her.

anyone can share with me their experience? and how i can change this habit?

im thinking of buying a mattress and leave it in the living room to train her to sleep. at night, she has not much problem. 7pm+, she is tired and can put down to her playpen to sleep till 3-4am for feeding.

i read abt latex mattress, from www.babysafe.com.sg, that is very comfortable and not sure if i should invest in it or not.

anyone can share with me? tnx..

Phoebii Cheng

I m not sure abt the latex mattress though....but if ur bb has the habit oredi....it's a bit diff to break, tht time my son oso had the same habit, but after I put him in the infant care, they put him to sleep on his tummy and pat his back & backside on the mattress at the same time.....over time, he began to develop this sleeping habit, at first he will cry, but the teachers there persisted, and at home we oso follow this habit so he got no choice but to develop this habit lor.....

The mattress in the living room is a good idea at least ur MIL & maid can train him to sleep there during day time....

Or if not u can consider yao lan?

jojoki

yao lan is addictive... my mums bro.. my uncle slept till he was 6 yrs old!! when younger he needed to be yao non stop once stop he'll wake up according to grandma...

my 3 mth old bb is also very cranky in the day time... also need to be carried n carried n rock for ages... the moment i put her down like for 10 ms she opens her eyes n it starts all over again!!

but the thing is... when its raining n theres a cacophony of sounds... she sleeps really well... even the loudest of thunder... but if sleeps in the room ultra quiet... even apin drop she will wakey... sigh!!

i think dey wil get better as they grow meanwhile try to find wat can lure her to sleep...

jojoki

oh another thing is as long as i am next to her she sleeps well too... so wat i did is once shes asleep i take out the shirt i'm wearing n put it near her...then she can sniff n sleep.... haha.. then mummy will ciao...

jojoki

my DD is 3mths+ and need to be carried to sleep ALL THE TIME, especially in the daytime. she is getting heavier and is really taxing for my mil and maid taking care of her.

anyone can share with me their experience? and how i can change this habit?

im thinking of buying a mattress and leave it in the living room to train her to sleep. at night, she has not much problem. 7pm+, she is tired and can put down to her playpen to sleep till 3-4am for feeding.

i read abt latex mattress, from www.babysafe.com.sg, that is very comfortable and not sure if i should invest in it or not.

anyone can share with me? tnx..

oh about the latex mattress from baby safe i;m using it .. find it rather soft..n theres a smell to it....erm my opinion... dun waste that kind of money!

isabelandrew

thanks for all the replies. i went to kiddy palace to check. Gosh, $100+ so expensive.
Sigh, there goes my plan to train my bb to sleep by herself.

How? going to 4 months liao. day time must be carried in the arms to sleep.

Phoebii Cheng

Yes, yao lan can be addictive.....but it beats hvg to carry ur bb during daytime.....I m against yao lan too.....but now sort of regret, cos recently my son vomit & keep on poohing....and even got fever.....he is cranky and always wants to b carried, he is 15mths old le......so imagine he is 10kg so heavy, feel like my arms numb....so no choice ask my hubby to carry

Normal days he would just sleep while I sleep beside him or after a few pats on the butt he would fall asleep oredi.......but its when they r not feeling well, u r tired and hv to pacify him to sleep tht is exhausting & draining.....

My sis has yao lan, she oso train my nephew to sleep on yao lan during day and night just sleep with her.......

But of cos ultimately its ur decision.........dun feel too pressurised, cos' bb the sleeping pattern change, u hv to b patient oso, who knows ur bb might not need to b carried to sleep during daytime as she gets older?:tlaugh:

isabelandrew

thanks. does bb reject being carry to sleep later in their age? when is that? i really hope that day can come faster. i just find that carrying, bb cannot sleep well and is bad for posture also...

jellybnzw

I try the sleeping beside her routine, and it works.
I guess bb just does not want to sleep on her own.

But another method I use is 'white noise' Where there is background noise that goes on as she is falling asleep. Once she is asleep then i put her down.

try different things, you never know what might work.

Jacqui

hi,

I had the same problem as you when my baby was a mth old. don't worry , the problem can be resolve as long as you leave your baby to mattress or baby cot , they get used to it. Juz follow the old saying-dont carry your baby too often. but of course do not let your baby cry too much bad for health.

Try not to leave baby to spring cradle thaT ONLY MAKES WORSE and would become habitual for him/her. also, vast majority of accidents happened from spring cradle , when baby are left unattended.

ktansy

Hi!

My baby gal is now 8mth old n she has already formed the bad habits of nursing to sleep and being carried while sleeping in the daytime. It's kind of my fault that these habits formed.

When she was 3mth old, she would sleep like 8-10hrs per day, which is like half of what they needed at that age. Each time i put her down, she woke up after 5-20mins. So istarted carrying her.

Now when i put her down to sleep, she'd stay asleep for about 30 mins or so. And yes, she does sleep longer when she knows i'm next to her. So at night, she shares my bed.

Not of much help with your problem. Just to let you know there are probably several of us in the same boat.

isabelandrew

Wow! Im not alone. but 8 months should be very heavy to be carried around right? My girl confirmed developed the bad habit already. daytime, must carry. She can only sleep by herself on the playpen in the night.

Each time, i put her down, she will wake up very very soon one. Aigh.

how, like that ? :( :( :(