Sliced Sheng Yu Good For Daily Consumption??

autumn82

Hi mummies,

I was wondering if Sheng Yu is good for babies/toddlers for daily consumption? I like that coz the fish is pretty boneless & smell free so I don't have to worry too much about Iggy swallowing bones.. But I've yet to heard ppl feeding babies/toddlers with Sheng Yu... So wanna make sure b4 I start to buy and feed. :001_302::001_302::001_302:

autumn82

Dearie , actually i thought you mean Raw fish hehehe .... No ????
:err::err::err: That raw fish is YU SHENG!! Not Sheng yu~~~~ :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh: Erm.. I was referring to those like slice fish bee hoon soup type of sliced fish.. :x

Jan

I personally have not fed my boy with that fish... I strictly fed my boy with Cod Fish and Threadfin Fish.

autumn82

I personally have not fed my boy with that fish... I strictly fed my boy with Cod Fish and Threadfin Fish.
Me too, so far still Cod fish but then get annoyed with some bones I find at times.. :( That's y wanna change fish...

CanCanMum

:err::err::err: That raw fish is YU SHENG!! Not Sheng yu~~~~ :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh: Erm.. I was referring to those like slice fish bee hoon soup type of sliced fish.. :x
wahahhahaha~~~~~~~~~~sori canx help but lauf out loud :p

CanCanMum

but baObei i heard got pple give before Sheng Yu

Snakehead Murrel

in english its called Snake Head Murral
This fish is sometimes referred to as "local snakehead", because it is a native fish as opposed to the common Toman. The haruans are smaller in size but are a much hardier fish. They're very adaptable harsh conditions such as shallow waters, small enclosed areas and even tolerating brackish water. Like the walking catfish and walking gourami, the haruan can survive a long period of time without water and is able to find its way to another water body.
Haruan are usually brownish to black in colour depending on their habitat. This colour freckles into its cheek and abdominal area which are white in colour.
The haruans love to eat frogs. They often scour or wait patiently along weedy banks for frogs coming into the water to breed. They also feed on fishes, worms and insects. Haruans don't grow very big, although they're quite common throughout reservoirs, ponds, marshes and streams, it is uncommon to find one above 2kg. You can catch Haruans using any of its natural food as bait, lures will work as well.
The haruan is often made a nutritious soup when prepared with herbs and are said to be good for those who are recovering from surgery and for mothers after labour.

It should be fine to be given but i am not sure of its mercury levels. Perhap u can alternate between days of codfish/threadfin/snakehead murral/salmon etc etc?

Queenbabe

hahahaha ... i think can give those sliced fish try abit first ... dearie can give threadfin to iggy mah ... :tlaugh:

CanCanMum

baber has been eating the one and only threadfin fish from 6months till now~~~

only when i at home on weekends then will cook salmon/cod/tioman/Sheng Yu for him....

he once told my mum " Ahh Mah, wo Chi dao hen sian liaoo leii " :001_302:

SunShine07

baber has been eating the one and only threadfin fish from 6months till now~~~

only when i at home on weekends then will cook salmon/cod/tioman/Sheng Yu for him....

he once told my mum " Ahh Mah, wo Chi dao hen sian liaoo leii " :001_302:
haha, sounds cute....

actually can give meat like mince pork/chicken/beef right....since 1 yrs old, i give my son more various type of food....only fish like not enough :tlaugh:

CanCanMum

haha, sounds cute....

actually can give meat like mince pork/chicken/beef right....since 1 yrs old, i give my son more various type of food....only fish like not enough :tlaugh:
lols yeah my mum only thinks FISH not other things lols~~~~

i give meat, eggs, beancurd, chicken, lamb and venison oso~~~

but i cannot eat beef lehhhh

really missed my stirloin steak chunks lols~~~~but canx eat now :p

SunShine07

lols yeah my mum only thinks FISH not other things lols~~~~

i give meat, eggs, beancurd, chicken, lamb and venison also~~~

but i cannot eat beef lehhhh

really missed my stirloin steak chunks lols~~~~but canx eat now :p
cannot eat beef, then 'mer mer' can also lah....almost the same taste