Stitching after natural birth

omg.... tats scary..
any mums made it thru without epidural?
i gave birth to my boy w/o epidural too, but doctor injected around the vagina to numb then he cut, my hubby said he cut twice and my wound is all the way near to anus. but luckily since (i think) my pain tolerance quite ok i didn't use the float/donut to sit.
i didn't pass motion for 6days cos i don't have the urge. but i did take liquid laxative and eat lots of veggies so no problem with passing motion. as for pee i didn't feel pain. have to wash everytime after i go toilet. my wound heal after 2 weeks, i can even squat down..

Ting

i gv birth to pin thru natural w/o epi.
13 hrs in delivery suite..LOL~
pain was really bad! but i was very persistent not to take epi.
but when the doc cut me, i can feel it, VERY VERY pain i tell u. (no joke man)
twice somemore.. n the nurse can ask me why u scream so loud? n i told her, cos u cut me with a scissors TWICE!
but when stitching up the doc inject anesthatic, so can feel it but not pain..
they use the dissolving kinda stitch. think took abt 2 weeks plus for it to entirely heal n stitches to be off. for me, i sat on soft cushions instead of flat surfaces n my mum bought me a mini float to sit on. LOL~
but peeing n pooing is ok for me. :)
just rmb to wash n clean your wound a few times daily.

woofy55

wa you mummies are so brave... i wonder can i make it without epi not haha
u'll be able to know it when the time comes... :) if starting, u cannot take the pain oredi.. better to ask for epidural.. or u can chk with the nurse, how much u have dilated then decide.. For me, 9am I dilated 2cm... at 12plus.. still 2cm!! And I dun think i can survive another 8hrs minimumly.. if based on 1cm per hour.. hehe.. so i quickly asked for epidural... so worried that the doctor went lunch!!! ;) ... my gynae kept telling me, it's okay to ask for epidural.. don't be too harsh on yrself.. i told her I'll try and see how.. :p at least experience before..

stupidyeye

im afraid i cant tahan the pain=\
must dilate how many cm then can deliver?
10cm..can de la..i also tahan fr 8 hrs..i rmb i cried wen i was still home..bt wen at dre..i jitao no energy...tok also v v soft...i actuali wan tk too..bt end up nvr..coz by e time i ask fr epi..is alreadi 7cm dilated ler..so must as well wait awhile more...jus jus tell urself frm statr..u dn wan..*coz gt side effects*...n i'm sure u wnt ler..n if reali reali cnt tahan..by e time u ask..tink is no use ler...

shiyi

10cm..can ..i also tahan fr 8 hours..i rmb i cried wen i was still home..bt wen at dre..i jitao no energy...tok also very very soft...i actuali want tk too..bt end up never..coz by e time i ask fr epi..is alreadi 7cm dilated ..so must as well wait awhile more...just just tell yourself frm statr..you do not want..*coz gt side effects*...n i'm sure you wnt ..n if reali reali cnt tahan..by e time you ask..tink is no use ...
but in actual got side effects anot huh.. how much is the jab huh?

catherlyn

mine when during delivery at kk cost abt 300+. actually if u ask me there is certain side effects... for me... i got back pain at the site where they inject... i cant over arched my bk n also cannot lie fully down to do sit up.... back like hell.... sometime the site still ached..

Wasant

Woo... Brave mummy! High tolerance of pain! good good.. I hope I can stand the pain too..

Process of giving birth is painful.. Baby come out must really be obedient.. Else, all the pain and suffering all gone to waste.. Lolx!!
Jia you!!!i add oil for u.....dun worry too much...that time i also scare of the pain but i heard that epidural not good for us loh....cos scare got backache...so i tahan loh.....stitching wise also dun worry...cos after birth...u too numb already....the gynae stitching u ...u also no feeling...

Ting

actually, from what i heard, if the person who inject the epi is skilled, wont hv any pain after tt.
ive known of some mummies who took epi but no side effects at all..
how u tc of your body during confinement is also very impt.
shiyi, imo, if u r someone who has a low threshhold of pain to start with, then take the epi.
better than u fainting due to the pain n end up c sect. (there were such cases)
for me, i was very persistent not to take epi, from the beginning i alr decided that i wont, n also my threshhold of pain is pretty good, so i didnt take.

i guess u know yourself best, so do whats best for u so that u can hv a smooth n safe delivery.

newbie2009

im afraid i cant tahan the pain=\
must dilate how many cm then can deliver?
by the time you are fully dilated, you will have dilated by 10cm, and by that time the doc can put the whole hand inside you.

IMO if you really have low threshold, you might really want to consider to use epidural. You would need to save enough energy for the big push

shiyi

thanks all... yeah ive seen cases who took epi liao but still no strength to push so have to csec -_-

i must be determined to deliver without epi!!
:001_302:

Melancholy

if u worry about the stinging pain while u pee, its best u pour warm water over the area as u pee. it helps to reduce the sting. and use dettol antiseptic at every wash to keep area clean and speed up wound healing. i sat on donut too as my threshold of pain is very low.
hello, may i know what kind of dettol to buy? Is it the antiseptic liquid?

angelwendy

hello, may i know what kind of dettol to buy? Is it the antiseptic liquid?
u can get it from Guardian.... is call PROCANOL... it got numb effect so that ur wound is not so pain... & it heal faster also... but not all guardian have it.. so u gotta find.. my aunt help me buy from united square....

Melancholy

u can get it from Guardian.... is call PROCANOL... it got numb effect so that ur wound is not so pain... & it heal faster also... but not all guardian have it.. so u gotta find.. my aunt help me buy from united square....
oh so its not those normal dettol found in supermarkets?