Stitching after natural birth

shiyi

Hi shiyi,

CONGRATS on the arrival of your cute little bundle of joy! :)
be careful and take note of your gal. check if she has jaundice bcoz like many baby, my gal developed jaundince 3 days after she discharged with me though she was given the all clear signal with a test on the very day she was discharged.
BUt i think your gal should be fine :)

Take care and welcome to motherhood! =)

Cheers!
Hi Ivy,

CONGRATS on the arrival of your little bundle of joy! :)
Welcome to motherhood! =)

Heyhey, like you, i also feel lonely w/o my hubby...very scared when he is not at home. Ya , just wish he is with me every mins by my side... hehehe =P

So how's everythg now? More or less, i have settled down ... your side and Shiyi's side ok?

our gals are 18th ,21st and 22nd Jan baby! hehe
almost 1 after another immediately =P:Dancing_tongue:
Cheers!

you take care and rest well and more ok? =P
hi all,

am copin ok too..took baby to polyclinic for checkup and her jaundice lvl is normal..
but kinda frustrated in the beginning cos milk supply has not came in enuff for my baby dats y she keeps waking up in the midnite for more milk.
althou hubby did not take any leave but he still wakes up in the midnite to help out, and also gave me hugs and kisses to console me..hehe

xicloudix

Yes, it is a controlled item and you need to ask the pharmacist for it. I got mine from Lot1 guardian pharmacy :)
My hubby was unable to find it and i told him to ask the pharmacist for it and he finally found it. It cost around $6+

However, if your wound is healing almost 70%-80% and you run out of Procanol, you can wash your wound with plain water. Not nec need Procanol... This is as advised by my gyane :)

Is this avaliable at all guardian??? or pharmacy outside??

iwan2noe

hi all,

am copin ok too..took baby to polyclinic for checkup and her jaundice lvl is normal..
but kinda frustrated in the beginning cos milk supply has not came in enuff for my baby that is why she keeps waking up in the midnite for more milk.
althou hubby did not take any leave but he still wakes up in the midnite to help out, and also gave me hugs and kisses to console me..hehe
Shiyi,

Pls try to sun ur bb near ur bb's room window. Not direct sunlight though, but near to the window where ray of gentle sunlight can shine thru. Of coz dun open ur windows too big esp if the wind at ur place is strong. Bb tends to get cold easily...

This is a tip advised by my aunt. Had i know, my bb's juandince level wont be beyond the normal range le...and need to be hospitalised.

remb only sun ur gal in early morning gentle sunlight like 7-8am sun and early evening, ard mayb 5pm etc. depends on the sunlight ...must be gentle sunlight not those strong ray...

iwan2noe

Is this avaliable at all guardian??? or pharmacy outside??

It shd be available. Like mentioned earlier, as procanol is an controlled medicine, u need to ask the pharmacist for it. Just like what my hubby did.

It is not exp also. $6 plus.

If u cant find it at guardian, u may wanna try unity pharmacy(under NTUC)

In the worst case scenario, u can use warm tap water to douche ur wound area. Wash it with the warm tap water also can. Remb to dab dry after u wash each time.

iwan2noe

Wow!!! Our babies all so near. I delivered at Thomson Medical Center. How bout you mummies?? Maybe we can all meet up once little ones hit 1 month.

iwan2noe mummy, I'm handling quite well. But when night comes, I will hug onto hub and tear. So did your hub stay with you day and night? Taking leave to accompany you? Guess I will be crying like a baby on Monday when he travels. He's travelling for business next monday for a week. I dont know if I can handle without him. Mummies, do keep me company in this forum, yes??
Hey Ivy,

yes, I delivered in TMC also... =) Aiyo, i think it is normal as our hormones went thru a drastic change so we tends to get emotional easily. mE to, but for other issues.. And I also feel like wanting to be with my hubby as much as possible.. hehe like u =p

Sure will, i usually check mummysg forum daily...we meet here ok? =)
Dun be too sad... must be brave ok? u r a mummy now! must be strong and brave so we can raise our bb and teach them well, ok?

JIA YOIU & Sayang ;)

Wasant

hi all,

but kinda frustrated in the beginning cos milk supply has not came in enuff for my baby that is why she keeps waking up in the midnite for more milk.
Wow....Shiyi.....yr hubby so sweet.....haha.......take care of yourself.....ok

shiyi

Shiyi,

Pls try to sun your baby near your baby's room window. Not direct sunlight though, but near to the window where ray of gentle sunlight can shine thru. Of coz dont open your windows too big esp if the wind at your place is strong. baby tends to get cold easily...

This is a tip advised by my aunt. Had i know, my baby's juandince level wont be beyond the normal range ...and need to be hospitalised.

remb only sun your gal in early morning gentle sunlight like 7-8am sun and early evening, around mayb 5pm etc. depends on the sunlight ...must be gentle sunlight not those strong ray...
yup her cot is beside the window...juz went back polyclinic again and her jaundice lvl is under control already..my mum oso says tat muz strip and tann under the early morning sun

Ivy Miao

Hey Ivy,

yes, I delivered in Thomson Medical Center also... =) Aiyo, i think it is normal as our hormones went thru a drastic change so we tends to get emotional easily. mE to, but for other issues.. And I also feel like wanting to be with my hubby as much as possible.. hehe like you =p

Sure will, i usually check mummysg forum daily...we meet here ok? =)
dont be too sad... must be brave ok? you are a mummy now! must be strong and brave so we can raise our baby and teach them well, ok?

JIA YOIU & Sayang ;)
Thanks, iwan2noe mummy.. :notworthy: Will try to hold onto my tears. =) Went and see my Gynae today and talked to her.. My tears almost flow down too!!! I dunno y.. And I just burp out to her that.. My husband is travelling coming week. Ha! She said I might have post-natal blues. But its a mild ones. so long I dun dislike my baby or dump baby aside, that shouldnt be any problem.. Just stay happy! Its easy to say, but... pretty hard to do it.. :we3sad:

shiyi

Thanks, iwan2noe mummy.. :notworthy: Will try to hold onto my tears. =) Went and see my Gynae today and talked to her.. My tears almost flow down too!!! I dont know why.. And I just burp out to her that.. My husband is travelling coming week. Ha! She said I might have post-natal blues. But its a mild ones. so long I dont dislike my baby or dump baby aside, that shouldnt be any problem.. Just stay happy! Its easy to say, but... pretty hard to do it.. :we3sad:
so when hes away on biz trip u'll be all alone at home?
mayb u can ask ur frens or parents over to keep you company

Pamper

my sis-in-law help me bought procanol at bedok interchange Guardian today. it's $6.50 per bottle and guardian having promotion of 10% discount so $5.80 only. but donno whether is it all guardian having discount or not.

i was quite emo during confinement for my 1st child too.. like kid like that.. always hoping for hubby to be around to feel safe.. but no matter wat still have to be strong for dear hubby & baby..

angelwendy

my sis-in-law help me bought procanol at bedok interchange Guardian today. it's $6.50 per bottle and guardian having promotion of 10% discount so $5.80 only. but donno whether is it all guardian having discount or not.

i was quite emo during confinement for my 1st child too.. like kid like that.. always hoping for hubby to be around to feel safe.. but no matter what still have to be strong for dear hubby & baby..
oh good good... at least u found it & got discount.. haha... ya... i'm also very emo when i preggy.. even now also.. but i try to control... sometime just cannot help it... haha... i also wan hubby always be around.... but i also know i must be understanding also as he need to work to support us...:001_302:

Tingaling

I delivered at TMC naturally w/o epidural. They will give you a bottle of medicine to apply to the wound, need not buy yourself!
But the 1st time you pee n poo, the pain is real horrible! but of course nothing is compared to labour pain!
Make FULL use of the Laughing Gas if you are aiming to go w/o epidural! It will make you relax and dilate faster.
I almost gave in to epidural but did not coz gyne say BB coming out within 2 hours, so i took the jab in the tight area instead. The Jab & Laughing Gas combi make me relax n dilate very quickly and BB came in less than 2 hours!
Hi Chelle, May I know which gynae and which clinic is he from? Does all Gynae use the Laughing Gas? Im also very scared of having the side effects of the epi...

Last edited:

iwan2noe

Hi Chelle, May I know which gynae and which clinic is he from? Does all Gynae use the Laughing Gas? Im also very scared of having the side effects of the epi...
hi Tingaling,

i think laughing gas is 1 of the most common type of pain relief that is used worldwide, so not to worry if ur gynae used it or not...=)

Ivy Miao

Rem when u use laughing gas, you have to breathe in deeeep and exhale out slowly, then it takes effect. When people are in pain, they usually breathe in and out fast. Resulting no effect in using the laughing gas. I didnt use epi when delivering my precious. Using laughing gas, breathing in and out fast. Totally has no effect. Until Gynae told me to slowly breathe in and out, then I see the effect. Can hold the pain without the laughing gas, try to. or minimize the intake. Because it makes me really giddy and weak after that. I was literally shivering right after I gave birth.

iwan2noe

Rem when you use laughing gas, you have to breathe in deeeep and exhale out slowly, then it takes effect. When people are in pain, they usually breathe in and out fast. Resulting no effect in using the laughing gas. I didnt use epi when delivering my precious. Using laughing gas, breathing in and out fast. Totally has no effect. Until Gynae told me to slowly breathe in and out, then I see the effect. Can hold the pain without the laughing gas, try to. or minimize the intake. Because it makes me really giddy and weak after that. I was literally shivering right after I gave birth.
totally agree with u ivy! i had the same experience, shivering after my delivery... i oso reathe in and out the laughing gas v fast, as the pain has caused me not to be able to ctrl my breathing... heh.....it was only after the nurses who told me then i know muz beathe in & out of the gas slowly =)

shiyi

actually the side effects r only temporary.,. such as shivering on the spot...grrgrrgrr~

Ivy Miao

actually the side effects r only temporary.,. such as shivering on the spot...grrgrrgrr~
Yea... was shivering when Doc was doing stitching up for me too... Lolx!! Its not that cold feeling.. Just whole body really really weak kinda shivering..