Stress over work life balance when I have a immature boss

Gem2505

Huh go mortuary there to use PC..i think pantang ...as 7th month..and some more you pregnant ..i think you take half day ..
i took whole day leave le. at home enjoying tv n slp now. haha! he really brainless one. when he ask me go mortuary use com, my colleague first thing help me reject.. i havent even open my mouth to reject. lol. den manager ask me go use other colleague com at their office 1 hour each. like i hop ard use people's com. den he nv think im affecting other people's work also meh. stupid la. den i irritated by all his nonsense, i say straight to his face i take whole day leave den i walk away. bth!

i took whole day leave . at home enjoying tv n sleep now. haha! he really brainless one. when he ask me go mortuary use com, my colleague first thing help me reject.. i havent even open my mouth to reject. lol. then manager ask me go use other colleague com at their office 1 hour each. like i hop around use people's com. then he never think im affecting other people's work also meh. stupid . then i irritated by all his nonsense, i say straight to his face i take whole day leave then i walk away. bth!
ya man ask you to disturb others some more...what kind of planning skill he has...gosh. heng u take leave...wow envy your one day leave...enjoying tv.

Gem2505

ya man ask you to disturb others some more...what kind of planning skill he has...gosh. lucky you take leave...wow envy your one day leave...enjoying tv.
aww.. great time always pass like a flash. its over. back to work. the contractor somehow messed up the whole place. when i reach office this morning, desk so dirty.. end up, i have to use wet tissue and clean up the whole place. den move my stuffs back to my desk. alot of movements and bendings. now, body n neck aching already. sit on the chair dont dare to move le.

aww.. great time always pass like a flash. its over. back to work. the contractor somehow messed up the whole place. when i reach office this morning, desk so dirty.. end up, i have to use wet tissue and clean up the whole place. then move my stuffs back to my desk. alot of movements and bendings. now, body n neck aching already. sit on the chair dont dare to move .
wow man after one day rest, still have to do cleaning exercise. poor you.

Gem2505

wow man after one day rest, still have to do cleaning exercise. poor you.
No choice lor. but at least its all done now. yesterday when i knocking off, i just walk out. nv say bye to my manager. =X lol. moreover im on the phone, so dont bother him at all. abit bad but just hack care. LOL~ dont want to have that kind of coming in and going off time must report habit. from the start i nv do it, den just let it flow.

No choice . but at least its all done now. yesterday when i knocking off, i just walk out. never say bye to my manager. =X lol. moreover im on the phone, so dont bother him at all. abit bad but just hack care. LOL~ dont want to have that kind of coming in and going off time must report habit. from the start i never do it, then just let it flow.
Actually quite true...is just like we should try not to stay late at work...or else pple will tend to expect u have to work late all the time...and when one fine day ...when u go back on the dot...pple/boss will start to think u got nothing to do...that why go back "early" If u work late and come a bit late...boss will think why u always late and not puncture...but will never think u actually work damn late.

Actually quite true...is just like we should try not to stay late at work...or else pple will tend to expect you have to work late all the time...and when one fine day ...when you go back on the dot...pple/boss will start to think you got nothing to do...that why go back "early" If you work late and come a bit late...boss will think why you always late and not puncture...but will never think you actually work damn late.

Not only bosses will think that , even fellow colleagues will also .
Sometimes i leave on the dot and if some colleagues express their :eek: faces , i will just say " These few days work till 10pm plus , cannot take it already " .
Every now and then must say such things so that when you leave on the dot , they will not give u a :eek: look ....

Sometimes i leave on the dot and if some colleagues express their :eek: faces , i will just say " These few days work till 10pm plus , cannot take it already " .
Every now and then must say such things so that when you leave on the dot , they will not give you a :eek: look ....
sometime i think liao also strange...as there's nothing wrong with going back on time...yet still have to explain to pple that u have been working late lately...sigh.

Every now and then must say such things so that when you leave on the dot , they will not give you a :eek: look ....
I agree.
I work in polytechnic. at times I arrive in sch at 7.30am and if I have to support night classes, there was once i stayed till 10pm before I leave the sch.
I always make sure that I put my name BIG BIG on the time sheet that I stayed from what time to what time. It helps that the time sheet is online and everybody in the dept can see from intranet.
Some guys are really annoying, go lunch 3 hours, then waste time and push responsibilities to the women. My dept is women power. All the ladies are high flyers, hardworking yet caring and understand towards mother's needs and committment. I do feel lucky and blessed. But the men are a load of useless craps. I used to be on medication for depression from 2005-2007 because my ex-boss from my ex company was a useless man too.
SOmehow or rather, my male superior are always problematic, childish and irresponsible.

Gem2505

I'm freaking depressed now. My very irritating manager play punk tricks with me, and trying hard to get HR to back him up however, HR push everything back to him.

here's how it goes:

I joined the compnay in Mar'10.
Got preg in May'10.

Manager ask me not to take long leave coz nobody cover my duty when i am not around. so i had to clear my leave bit by bit ( usually 0.5 or 1 day each time ).

Had my exam in May'10 so had to take 4 days exam leave. Its an entitlement in my company to take exam leave. informed my manager/deputy director n HR before i join that i am taking my degree course. nobody raised concern and manager approved my exam leaves. i suppose to take 5 days coz i got 5 papers but manager request to come back in between so i had to come back 0.5 day for 2 days. end up took 4 days.

Company got marriage leave 3 days. i had to clear by Aug'10 coz within 1 year must clear else will be forfeited. manager approved it.

MC- due to MS , doc appts.. i took ard 6 days in 4 months which i think its not alot. took 2.5days before my preg case due to normal fever, menstual cramp...

now, he go n tell HR that my absent rate is high. he went to ADD ALL my leaves together. Annual leave,exam,marriage,Mc. and becoz of this, he want to extend my probation. my current probation is 6 months! FKING 6months lor. n he still wan to extend. I'm due in FEB'2011. n he's like purposely lor. all these while quiet quiet nv say i take too much leave or disapprove my leave. now den say all these stories when confirmation is up. Wth right!

im like freaking burning hot inside now and definitely high blood pressure lor. how can he use such lousy excuses. haiz. i really dunno what to do next.
its not that i did anything wrong at work or did not complete my job all that. not say i perform badly or cause troubles. whenever im not ard, i still make sure things goes well. sometimes MC i also work half day den go back. think im going into depression man! told my husband about this, he wanted to confront my manager lor. but i think not nice lar. coz husband scared i kenna bully at work den dont dare to do things, end up all hide in my heart, later i depression all that. now typing also got tears lor. =(

haiz....what the.....can your HR help you with anything?
Staff handbook got state any issues on leaves and all?

Is it possible to speak with higher authority? Like your manager's boss or something?
Not to say want to raise the magnitude of the issue but I think things like that complicated de should be make known to higher authority??

Gem2505

sigh....what the.....can your HR help you with anything?
Staff handbook got state any issues on leaves and all?

Is it possible to speak with higher authority? Like your manager's boss or something?
Not to say want to raise the magnitude of the issue but I think things like that complicated should be make known to higher authority??
haiz. HR cannot do anything about it coz confirmation depends on my manager. Staff handbook states that even b4 staff is confirm, we can take take and enjoy all the benefits ( just dont resign before confirmation can already, else have to pay back ) So Since the handbook can write we can take, and its like entitlement to us, i see no sense why i cannot take from the start? he's just being VERY CALCULATIVE! n claims that whenever i m not ard, things crop up n he had to clear my work. but the prob is, can i not take leave FOREVER?! n also SO FAR, there are NOTHING CROP up AT ALL whenever im on leave. he just anyhow claim coz he say he SOLVED IT! pls lor. email can see one what coz usually vendors or staff will call me n email me instead of calling him coz NO ONE LIKEs HIM! argh!!

since HR cant do anything, i dunno whether i should go to the head of department. coz just Yesterday, we had management changes and the boss my boss reporting to is a new person. so i dunno whether it will help anot. haizz! damn sad lor. if he tell me its due to my poor performance, i can accept. but tell me due to all these leaves nonsense, im not convinced at all.

sigh. HR cannot do anything about it coz confirmation depends on my manager. Staff handbook states that even before staff is confirm, we can take take and enjoy all the benefits ( just dont resign before confirmation can already, else have to pay back ) So Since the handbook can write we can take, and its like entitlement to us, i see no sense why i cannot take from the start? he's just being VERY CALCULATIVE! n claims that whenever i m not around, things crop up n he had to clear my work. but the prob is, can i not take leave FOREVER?! n also SO FAR, there are NOTHING CROP up AT ALL whenever im on leave. he just anyhow claim coz he say he SOLVED IT! pls . email can see one what coz usually vendors or staff will call me n email me instead of calling him coz NO ONE LIKEs HIM! argh!!

since HR cant do anything, i dont know whether i should go to the head of department. coz just Yesterday, we had management changes and the boss my boss reporting to is a new person. so i dont know whether it will help anot. haizz! damn sad . if he tell me its due to my poor performance, i can accept. but tell me due to all these leaves nonsense, im not convinced at all.
he sounds so much like my ex-boss loh. little bit will call me this and that. Last time when I was with my ex-company, if I go lunch and something crop up (small little issue like cannot find something in the drawer) he will call my hp 3-4 times if I never pick up. Then he will ask me where am I having lunch and what time will I be back. He will even sms me when I am on leave or on weekends to ask me stupid question until I cannot tahan I yell at him saying I worked 8 years, but I have not seen such a stupid management style before.

That was before I want to quit, so I heck care I throw a BIG tantrum at him. Super childish man.

You should show the page on leave entitlement and benefits to your HR and maybe your boss's boss if the situtation really gets worse.

My ex colleague taken a day leave, but just so happen that she got sick, so she want to replace leave with MC. She told my ex-HR and without a bat of eyelid, my ex-HR say cannot. In the end, when my ex colleague checked the staff handbook, the rule say can. So my ex colleague print out that page and show it to HR and my ex-boss's boss. They keep quiet and let my ex-colleague change.
Some bosses are like that. I think they want to impress their own superior by helping company save this save that. It is all for their selfish reasons.

Even if things crop up when we are not around also not our fault what? These kind of things cannot control de mah? Like yesterday and today, I am on MC for very bad gastric flu. So suay that my lab air con spoil and all my animals nearly suffocated (I work in a lab with lots of white mice and rats) My colleagues also help me settle. In any company, if somebody is not around and there is no back up system, it is the fault of the boss not the person in charge. Because we take orders from high levels what.....ask him go fly kite lah

he sounds so much like my ex-boss loh. little bit will call me this and that. Last time when I was with my ex-company, if I go lunch and something crop up (small little issue like cannot find something in the drawer) he will call my hp 3-4 times if I never pick up. Then he will ask me where am I having lunch and what time will I be back. He will even sms me when I am on leave or on weekends to ask me stupid question until I cannot tahan I yell at him saying I worked 8 years, but I have not seen such a stupid management style before.

That was before I want to quit, so I heck care I throw a BIG tantrum at him. Super childish man.

You should show the page on leave entitlement and benefits to your HR and maybe your boss's boss if the situtation really gets worse.

My ex colleague taken a day leave, but just so happen that she got sick, so she want to replace leave with MC. She told my ex-HR and without a bat of eyelid, my ex-HR say cannot. In the end, when my ex colleague checked the staff handbook, the rule say can. So my ex colleague print out that page and show it to HR and my ex-boss's boss. They keep quiet and let my ex-colleague change.
Some bosses are like that. I think they want to impress their own superior by helping company save this save that. It is all for their selfish reasons.

Even if things crop up when we are not around also not our fault what? These kind of things cannot control mah? Like yesterday and today, I am on MC for very bad gastric flu. So suay that my lab air con spoil and all my animals nearly suffocated (I work in a lab with lots of white mice and rats) My colleagues also help me settle. In any company, if somebody is not around and there is no back up system, it is the fault of the boss not the person in charge. Because we take orders from high levels what.....ask him go fly kite

wow man, nasty boss just like mine too. i never take a single mc for the whole year...then when 2nd year when im pregnant, i suffer from migrain and took mc about 2 to3 times. then each time i call back to report sick i kana scolded for not going back to work...'who is going to do your thing' have you do this and that...scold me for things that is not urgent...then when i thought she needs the damn report urgently..i gave my password to my colleague to access my system to generate the damn report to give her...she say to my colleague don't need. wait for me to go back. Siao right. Lucky i leave that place liao.

Gem2505

Even if things crop up when we are not around also not our fault what? These kind of things cannot control mah? Like yesterday and today, I am on MC for very bad gastric flu. So suay that my lab air con spoil and all my animals nearly suffocated (I work in a lab with lots of white mice and rats) My colleagues also help me settle. In any company, if somebody is not around and there is no back up system, it is the fault of the boss not the person in charge. Because we take orders from high levels what.....ask him go fly kite
ha. same situation lor. so far, my confirmation should be done before 14 sept. its already 3 sept now and nothing has been done. manager still dont dare to talk to me and havent do evaluation with me. so as long as i havent sign the evaluation, they cannot extend my probation. so if me or him continue to be in this situation, drag and drag, once reach 15 Sept, I'm deemed confirmed! so i just hack care n wait for him to approach me. LOL! coz i got 14 staffs under me, i went to tell like half of the group what happened, then all get very worked up n say he is an "ArsE".

hmm.. i sent an email to him 2 days ago saying IF he still cont to use the reason for my "absentness" to extend my probation, I am NOT CONVINCED at all. LOL! after that, no more email from him till then. haha! i think im very tough n fierce man. if he still use that reason to extend, I will print the handbook out and show him, ITS ENTITLEMENT so you cannot stop me from taking all these leave and there is nothing wrong from the start and he should not HARP on this issue. if he not happy, by all means, CHANGE THE HR POLICY! hahaha! he very scared complaint type.. so i will say i will not sign that acceptance on the extending of the probation. else i go MP! LOL! he will scared.

ha. same situation . so far, my confirmation should be done before 14 sept. its already 3 sept now and nothing has been done. manager still dont dare to talk to me and havent do evaluation with me. so as long as i havent sign the evaluation, they cannot extend my probation. so if me or him continue to be in this situation, drag and drag, once reach 15 Sept, I'm deemed confirmed! so i just hack care n wait for him to approach me. LOL! coz i got 14 staffs under me, i went to tell like half of the group what happened, then all get very worked up n say he is an "ArsE".

hmm.. i sent an email to him 2 days ago saying IF he still cont to use the reason for my "absentness" to extend my probation, I am NOT CONVINCED at all. LOL! after that, no more email from him till then. haha! i think im very tough n fierce man. if he still use that reason to extend, I will print the handbook out and show him, ITS ENTITLEMENT so you cannot stop me from taking all these leave and there is nothing wrong from the start and he should not HARP on this issue. if he not happy, by all means, CHANGE THE HR POLICY! hahaha! he very scared complaint type.. so i will say i will not sign that acceptance on the extending of the probation. else i go MP! LOL! he will scared.
you are one gung ho woman! I like!! :Dancing_wub:LOL
I think female workforce very aggressive nowadays...all the male bosses, esp those like ours who wants to control us cannot control liao

I think female workforce very aggressive nowadays...all the male bosses, esp those like ours who wants to control us cannot control
ya some bosses are really inhuman and imbalance.
But i guess there sure to have good ones too...just that we hasn't met one yet.

Gem2505

I think female workforce very aggressive nowadays...all the male bosses, esp those like ours who wants to control us cannot control
haha. had a meeting with the HOD and my manager today regarding this issue. HOD standing on my side lor. den my pathetic manager had to pick bone among the deads litat. trying his way out to find reason and blames to push to me. den i shoot back say the "blame/incident" happened even before i joined but it drags on. so i should not be blamed at all. he DIAM diao. LOL!
reli bth him lor. but HOD cannot interfere on this confirmation but will only give advise. she said it should be based on performance than to the absent rate. i want to lol on the spot lor.

then now, going to have another meeting with the deputy director and the manager next week to close this case. wth lor. 1 confirmation so many people involved litat. i will shoot the deputy director if he talk shit with me coz he n my manager 1 group one. the most use MP out. they scared one. im feeling so bad coz i die die want to create trouble to them. but they reli deserve it lor. 1 more week to my confirmation due date. if they cont to drag, im deemed confirm. LOL!

althou there's no diff to me being in probation or confirmed coz i still enjoy all benefits and leave, but i just dont want the extension of probation coz its unacceptable at all.