stressed looking after newborn-help

huiyin87

thanks for ur encouragement!!!
feel so warmth =)

wat's e diff btw baby carrier and sling?
i have one which is sideways type, when i put my ds in, it seems like so awkward shape, and i aso look so funny with it lol..:tlaugh:

hugs dear, it's not as easy phase. why not try sarong sling or baby carrier? i started with a baby carrier before going on to the pram. they feel close to you when using a baby carrier or sling. :)

just hang in there.

huiyin87

i m aso very worried bout this.. tats y i am urging e agency for the maid to come faster, but seems like it keeps dragging, and i m gg back to work soon.
i tink i am e only one supervising e maid, unless my mum off day.

ya, i do plan to ask her to call my elder sis to come over if she cant cope.
(my elder sis is staying next blk only), but afraid she cant understand wat i mean, haha.. as in some things i tell her she might nt understand fully but juz nod head type.

anyone supervising the maid? It's good to let someone supervise the maid when they first join your family, especially if they are dealing with young babies. :p

I know I sound mean lahh, but you may want to install cctv to make sure that your maid is treating your son well.

These helpers are new to singapore and may already feel stress at working in an unfamiliar environment. Some may not be able to cope immediately with a cranky baby.

Maybe you can tell the helper how to cope with a crying baby and what to do if she really can't cope?

yellowpudding

thanks for your encouragement!!!
feel so warmth =)

what's e diff btw baby carrier and sling?
i have one which is sideways type, when i put my dear son in, it seems like so awkward shape, and i aso look so funny with it lol..:tlaugh:
a carrier is more of a full support type, more of like you are carrying the baby in upright position.

for sling, it's like a side sling on one shoulder.

:)

for an example of a baby carrier:
BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier Synergy - BABYBJÖRN

for an example of baby sling:

Pupsik baby pouch carriers and slings : Pupsik Studio

:)

yellowpudding

i dont have beansprouts pillow lehz, where can i get those?

ya, gt apply ru yi oil every morning after bath, aso gave him gripe water every afternoon feed..
oh darling, you can try getting from pupsik. i bought mine from that website. it's a little costly, but the designs are very pretty. heh.

uddermummy

i m aso very worried bout this.. tats why i am urging e agency for the maid to come faster, but seems like it keeps dragging, and i m gg back to work soon.
i tink i am e only one supervising e maid, unless my mum off day.

ya, i do plan to ask her to call my elder sis to come over if she cant cope.
(my elder sis is staying next blk only), but afraid she cant understand what i mean, haha.. as in some things i tell her she might not understand fully but just nod head type.
it's good to ask her to call your elder sis. Hmmm, your maid indonesian? Maybe draw and act out? :001_302:

huiyin87

pupsik items look so pretty!!!
but i cant go shopping..
i am always tied down with baby~~

mine is philipine maid, shld be able to speak alittle english?
haha.. act out ah.. i pai seh lehz..

yellowpudding

pupsik items look so pretty!!!
but i cant go shopping..
i am always tied down with baby~~

mine is philipine maid, shld be able to speak alittle english?
haha.. act out .. i pai seh lehz..
you can order pupsik from their website. :p
i reckon she should be able to speak a little english. :)
don't worry too much.
how's baby these few days?

kenxf_03

thanks all for sharing..
now i am indeed feeling much better than last tm..
i take care of my baby in e day, while my mum takes over in e night..
so i so hav my rest time now..

but i still have some problems..

baby will scream+cry non-stop every night from 11pm to 1am.. this period is always e hardest for us.. give milk, water still no use. cant coax to sleep also.. will struggle hard.. its like so mental torturing :(
at times i get so helpless that i just stare at him and let him cry all he wants..
i even smack his thighs, i shouted at him-which i tink he was alitle frightened..

i tink i am a bad mummy, always after that i regretted frightening him.. but its always i cant control at that point of tm..
his continouos crying and shouting when i had alrdy friend him milk, water, change his diapers all

do you all aso experience such cranky of baby aso?
Dear HuiYin,

My dear son did this to me too! I dont live with my in laws nor parents. So after my CL leaves, I'm practically taking care of dear son by myself. During my confinement, I didnt have enough rest also cos I wanted to accompany my dear son and meanwhile learnt some ropes from my CL so that after she left, I'm able to take care of him by myself.

After my CL left, I find it so tiring to take care of my newborn baby. He'll wailed so badly at nites. And no matter how I coax him, he just wont settle down and ltr I find out from the pediatrician that he has colic and its causing him to behave like this...

At 1st, I still donno his pattern so I tends to panick or get so stress when he wailed so badly. There is this time, I really cant tak the stress and I smack on his buttock like you did. He cried even loudly after i smacked him. I feel so bad and regret smacking him. I then "throw" him into the "yao lan" and cried out uncontrollably.

I'm very against of him sleeping in "yao lan" cos my son has this habit of wanting ppl to kp on "yao" him to sleep. My mother in law insisted him to sleep in yao lan cos more secure. Yes! No doubt its secure for him but mother in law donno his pattern yet. Now, she learnt that my dear son want ppl to kp "yao" him but still she so willingly to "yao" him. I'll only give in when he's just dont wanna settle himself down.

Now, by taking care of myself, I learnt so much about his pattern already. So I know how to handle him more tactfully. All these, take alot of time and need lotsa of patience. I'm a "guo lai ren" so i really undrstand what you are going thru.

Maybe you wanna try these?

When your baby get cranky:

- try to carry your son, calm him down, you can try singing him songs or play him some soothing music and coax him to sleep.

- get him a yao lan to settle him 1st down cos too much crying is bad for baby cos too much wind intake, then when he's soundly aslp, carried him to your playpen or cot. By that time, he's slpy, you just need to coax him while and he'll sleep.

-carry him closely to your chest. Let him listen to your heartbeat, try singing him song or talk to him gently. By letting him listening to your heartbeat, he will feel so secure.

- try to carry him upright on your shoulder, babies normally clam down this way. At least for my son, it helps.

- Tried putting him in a sling to sleep, when he's soundly aslp, try to put him on the playpen or cot, must be extra careful and with tactics ( be gentle), cos my dear son tends to wail when i place him in his cot.

I tried ways and ways to coax him. Hope these helps.

Jia you, mummies! :Dancing_wub:

pkshl

im also having hard time looking after my 2mth old son. now every nite he cries from 12mn to around 2-3am. despite giving him milk & everything else he still cry. im always at a lost of what to do & even lost my temper on him, will gently smack his thigh & tel him shhh go & sleep but he still refused to sleep! some nites i was so tired i cant get up & my poor hubby despite got to work the nxt day still get up almost every half hr to 1hr to tend to our son. he grumbles abit cos not enough slp & last nite i saw him lost temper cos when he change diaper for our son, he pee on himself,endup our son's clothes were wet with pee.

i cant nap in the afternoon cos dont feel tired at all but if i tried to nap, thats when my son wakes up & i cant nap. sign...im so tired sometimes.

uddermummy

pkshl;205559 [B said:
last nite i saw him lost temper cos when he change diaper for our son, he pee on himself,endup our son's clothes were wet with pee.[/B]

i cant nap in the afternoon cos dont feel tired at all but if i tried to nap, thats when my son wakes up & i cant nap. sign...im so tired sometimes.
maybe you can try putting a cloth on your son's penis next time when you change the diapers? Cos I think bbs have this tendency to pee during nappy changes. Nowadays, they actually have a little foam cup for this purpose! BTW, my girl does that too, and i will quickly put a piece of wet wipe on her to hold the urine. :001_302:

I try to nap with my girl in the pm whether or not i'm tired. Even if i'm not tired, i will just lie on the bed with her. Helps me not feel so tired. Try not to do so many things when bb naps cos we mummies really need our rest.

huiyin87

wow kenxf- we really experiencing e same things!!
and some things u mention is exactly same same..

i do start to put him in yao lan, and even bgt the motor yao lan do tat our hand more relax and we can go do our thing instead of sitting dere and shake all e time..

and ya, he likes me to carry him in upright position, so whenever he cries nw, i will carry him upright and he will stop cry le..

u r all alone to take care ur baby? really take my hats off u man.. if me, sure drown ship liao lor.. hehe

Dear HuiYin,

My dear son did this to me too! I dont live with my in laws nor parents. So after my CL leaves, I'm practically taking care of dear son by myself. During my confinement, I didnt have enough rest also cos I wanted to accompany my dear son and meanwhile learnt some ropes from my CL so that after she left, I'm able to take care of him by myself.

After my CL left, I find it so tiring to take care of my newborn baby. He'll wailed so badly at nites. And no matter how I coax him, he just wont settle down and ltr I find out from the pediatrician that he has colic and its causing him to behave like this...

At 1st, I still donno his pattern so I tends to panick or get so stress when he wailed so badly. There is this time, I really cant tak the stress and I smack on his buttock like you did. He cried even loudly after i smacked him. I feel so bad and regret smacking him. I then "throw" him into the "yao lan" and cried out uncontrollably.

I'm very against of him sleeping in "yao lan" cos my son has this habit of wanting ppl to kp on "yao" him to sleep. My mother in law insisted him to sleep in yao lan cos more secure. Yes! No doubt its secure for him but mother in law donno his pattern yet. Now, she learnt that my dear son want ppl to kp "yao" him but still she so willingly to "yao" him. I'll only give in when he's just dont wanna settle himself down.

Now, by taking care of myself, I learnt so much about his pattern already. So I know how to handle him more tactfully. All these, take alot of time and need lotsa of patience. I'm a "guo lai ren" so i really undrstand what you are going thru.

Maybe you wanna try these?

When your baby get cranky:

- try to carry your son, calm him down, you can try singing him songs or play him some soothing music and coax him to sleep.

- get him a yao lan to settle him 1st down cos too much crying is bad for baby cos too much wind intake, then when he's soundly aslp, carried him to your playpen or cot. By that time, he's slpy, you just need to coax him while and he'll sleep.

-carry him closely to your chest. Let him listen to your heartbeat, try singing him song or talk to him gently. By letting him listening to your heartbeat, he will feel so secure.

- try to carry him upright on your shoulder, babies normally clam down this way. At least for my son, it helps.

- Tried putting him in a sling to sleep, when he's soundly aslp, try to put him on the playpen or cot, must be extra careful and with tactics ( be gentle), cos my dear son tends to wail when i place him in his cot.

I tried ways and ways to coax him. Hope these helps.

Jia you, mummies! :Dancing_wub:

huiyin87

but i wan go their shop to look at complete range lehz, might hav other items i prefer lol..

baby is well-behaved today.. i am like soooo happy la!!!
and he responds to me by smiling when i play with him, he will aso look ard for me if he hears my voice, and when he spot me, he will make those baby language.. soo cute.. i love him more n more now..

yest i thanked my mum for helping me thru for e past 2 mths or so. if not for my mum help, i tink i wld have given up on my boy le..
i cant say tat its easy for me to care for baby now, but at least i feel much better, and i really really feel so happy when he look at me and smile..
warmth my heart lots =)

really thanks all mummies here for giving me valuable advices..
i guess i have pulled through e 1st stage with all ur help!

you can order pupsik from their website. :p
i reckon she should be able to speak a little english. :)
dont't worry too much.
how's baby these few days?

yellowpudding

darling, pupsik does not have it's physical own store. But you can find some of their products being carried by different stores, thou not complete collection. It's mainly an online store. :)

enjoy motherhood dear :)