Successfully Breast feed for 6 mths!

sharonyi66

I'm so happy and I just wanna share my joy!!

Today, Inez turned 6mths old and me too had successfully breastfeed her for 6mths! Didn't believe I can do it.. *sob sob*

Not an easy journey of breastfeeding.. Blocked ducts, cracked and sore till bleed nipple, infections till fever, even infection till got pus drip out I also got it but still, I told myself not to give up for the sake of Inez's health. Afterall babies depend on us, their mother for their 'food', their best food aka breast milk.

I'm really so happy that I've 'passed' the minimum requirement of 6mths as I never know I could do it coz 5 yrs back I only managed to BF Fayth for bearly 1mth..

So those still struggling to BF mummies, 加油!

:)

sharonyi66

Good job!!! How long did you managed to breastfeed Fayth?
When Fayth was full month, I'm so busy and shag till I can ignore my breast. From then, i stopped bf already. I also nv feed Fayth bm frequently. Can say tat last time I got v little knowledge of breastfeeding.

allycat

The duration of me breastfeeding also improved with the number of kids I have but I still have lots to learn about breastfeeding :)

catherlyn

Congrat ^^ I waiting for my day to arrive. Deziree is 3 mth n 10 days old n want to bf her till 1 yr at least. Looking forward to the 6 mth mark too cos I Aldo wan bring her go tk photography shot. Jy jy

cmeilim

I'm so happy and I just wanna share my joy!!

Today, Inez turned 6mths old and me too had successfully breastfeed her for 6mths! Didn't believe I can do it.. *sob sob*

Not an easy journey of breastfeeding.. Blocked ducts, cracked and sore till bleed nipple, infections till fever, even infection till got pus drip out I also got it but still, I told myself not to give up for the sake of Inez's health. Afterall babies depend on us, their mother for their 'food', their best food aka breast milk.

I'm really so happy that I've 'passed' the minimum requirement of 6mths as I never know I could do it coz 5 yrs back I only managed to BF Fayth for bearly 1mth..

So those still struggling to BF mummies, 加油!

:)

CONGRATS! The WHO gold standard (minimum 1 year) can be your new goal now. Go for it! You can do it! I am also working towards it. =)

meiteoh

Congrats you!!! I know the feeling and sometimes I wonder how I did it all but I'm glad I did, especially when I see how happy and active she is.

Now you can join me in the Gold WHO club wannabe - I'm trying to make it to one year. Have over four more months to go! We can ALL do it! :)

sharonyi66

Congrat ^^ I waiting for my day to arrive. Deziree is 3 month n 10 days old n want to bf her till 1 yr at least. Looking forward to the 6 month mark too cos I Aldo want bring her go tk photography shot. Jy jy
My next goal - WHO Gold standard 1 year. Hope I can drag my breast to the goal pole!! LOL

hmmm, speaking of photography.. Mayb I shld too bring inez for shooting ya!

sharonyi66

CONGRATS! The WHO gold standard (minimum 1 year) can be your new goal now. Go for it! You can do it! I am also working towards it. =)
Haha ok! New goal to set for myself now!!

Actually is great to have mummies around to support.

Thanks mummies!

sharonyi66

Congrats you!!! I know the feeling and sometimes I wonder how I did it all but I'm glad I did, especially when I see how happy and active she is.

Now you can join me in the Gold WHO club wannabe - I'm trying to make it to one year. Have over four more months to go! We can ALL do it! :)
Yes, sometimes I can't even discribe the wonderful feeling, especially seeing her from a low birth weight baby born at 2.4kg now to a healthy chubby 7kg 6mths old baby.

When people told me she doesn't look like a low weight baby at birth, I'm so happy coz I knw is my effort in breastfeeding that make her strong and gain weight fast.

Ok, let's walk towards the Gold goal!!

allycat

Haha ok! New goal to set for myself now!!

Actually is great to have mummies around to support.

Thanks mummies!

Yeah. I used to express milk together with a group of nursing mothers in my previous company. The encouragement and support I had then was really great. Now that I have the same supporting group here, the great feeling is the same!!:Dancing_tongue:

camom

Yey! Congratulations!! & Jiayou jiayou jiayou for your next mark!!!

I am at the 18mth mark and still going on strong for my current target of 2 years. After that, see how :)

Last edited:

woofy55

woah.. congrats! :D

I am now also working towards the 6th month goal first and later see how. My milk supply seems to be dropping, but will try till the last drop! :D Jiayou, Jiayou!

cocraze

Congrats and keep it up !!! :Dancing_wub:
My current experience like your first baby. gave up after infection twice cos new mother and not much help in taking care of baby myself.

cmeilim

Congrats and keep it up !!! :Dancing_wub:
My current experience like your first baby. gave up after infection twice cos new mother and not much help in taking care of baby myself.

it's ok. God makes mummies tough people. try again for your next baby!

iwan2noe

Woah!! I'm just into my 2nd mth n 2 days of my breast feeding.. Intend to breastfeed her for another 4 mths to make it 6 mths feeding...

All breastfeeding mummies, JIA YOU!!

allycat

Its tough journey indeed. I only lasted on off 3 weeks with Wen, 4 mths with Yuan and 8 mths with Yang. Hopefully I can reach e 1 yr mark with Quan. :p

cmeilim

Its tough journey indeed. I only lasted on off 3 weeks with Wen, 4 mths with Yuan and 8 mths with Yang. Hopefully I can reach e 1 yr mark with Quan. :p

Woah, you have four kids! *Salute!*

Hubby and I also wanna have four eventually. We are one down, three more to go!!! ;p

adelynn

Congrats!! It's indeed not easy and it's a feat! I'm also working towards the 6 months mark myself.

Went for my girl's 4th mth check up and her height & weight is in the 25%. PD (PCC @ KK) said that my BM was not 'nutritious' enough thus her growth slowed down and recommended me to introduce FM. :( Although deep down i refuse to believe it but i do ask if it's indeed the case