tabletop ovens recommendations

hello mummies. just need some recommendations on this.

thinking of getting a small tabletop oven. saw one from cornell that has quite a reasonable capacity and has different levels of heating settings and adjustable thermostat.

or anyone has any recommendations on tabletop ovens? or has anyone used the cornell one before? thinking of getting it since its affordable.

misnerva

it depends on what u want out of ur oven. my mom uses the cornell one as well. its sufficient for simple baking and grilling. but not if you bake many times a day/a week.

cornell is an ok brand i think. no point buying rowenta or other brands when you dont plan to use it often.

sassylady

i'm using a cornell tabletop oven as well. not say very big or what but it's suitable for light baking.

like what misnerva suggested, it's ok for light baking and not any heavy duty cooking if you're gonna do it often.

cornell is an affordable brand. so if you're not gonna use the oven often, can invest in one for normal usage.

i guess with the affordable price range offered, its no wonder quite of few mummies here are using it. the capacity for that price makes it really worth the money.

if not gonna use it often, just get one that is cheap will do. somemore i dont use my oven often the most just make some grilled cheese sandwiches for my boy. :)

sassylady

went into a mini making frenzy the other day with my sister.

so funny that we decided to gather at my mum's and started baking with the cornell tabletop oven. the capacity was just nice that we managed to make batches of brownies and cookies. most satisfied with the brownies.

looks yummy dont they? :D~

1.jpg

went into a mini making frenzy the other day with my sister.

so funny that we decided to gather at my mum's and started baking with the cornell tabletop oven. the capacity was just nice that we managed to make batches of brownies and cookies. most satisfied with the brownies.

looks yummy dont they? :D~

View attachment 66562
looks really good! how many batches did you batch with the tabletop oven? i saw the cornell tabletop the other day at courts. not sure if it's the one you ladies are talking about as i didn't expect them to have this black one which is quite big and affordable.

just bought the cornell oven back and made some pizzas for snacking the other day. family bonding session.

kuroneko

i recently got a rowenta at $650 mega discount store.
there are heat grills on top & at bottom for even roasting. Also top heating element can be lowered to clean the oven 'ceiling'. I suppose if u want to do major roasting with whole chicken, hams etc with consistent result you may want to splurge otherwise a smaller oven for smaller scale usage is fine.
I had to put it ontop of the dryer coz i've no countertop space already!:err:

that sounds like a good buy! but frankly i think the cornell one i got is good enough.

the oven is big enough for a chicken since it provides the thing to stick the chicken to and it'll rotate in the oven.

your kitchen must really have alot of things.

sassylady

looks really good! how many batches did you batch with the tabletop oven? i saw the cornell tabletop the other day at courts. not sure if it's the one you ladies are talking about as i didn't expect them to have this black one which is quite big and affordable.

just bought the cornell oven back and made some pizzas for snacking the other day. family bonding session.
the cornell one is actually quite good. i did like 3-4 batches of brownies for the family and friends. ya ya! it's the one in black. the capacity is quite reasonable for the price you're paying it for.

i made another batch of brownies over the weekend with the leftover ingredients. you should really try baking and let the smell fill up the whole kitchen. quite heavenly. :)

wow. that's quite along of batches you did.

maybe i should try baking with the oven one of these days since it's the school holidays. do some family bonding as well. but i think it'll be like mess creating. hahahaha.

sassylady

wow. that's quite along of batches you did.

maybe i should try baking with the oven one of these days since it's the school holidays. do some family bonding as well. but i think it'll be like mess creating. hahahaha.
well you should. you can bring your kids to the library and while they look for books to read you can check out the recipe books. :)

the tabletop oven can be used to do alot of amazing things i realized. as long as you know how to control the timing and the heat level you should do fine. everything is labeled on the oven so it's really easy.

can be quite messy with the kids but it's good bonding time. :)

well you should. you can bring your kids to the library and while they look for books to read you can check out the recipe books. :)

the tabletop oven can be used to do alot of amazing things i realized. as long as you know how to control the timing and the heat level you should do fine. everything is labeled on the oven so it's really easy.

can be quite messy with the kids but it's good bonding time. :)
sounds like a perfect idea for the school holidays. i got a few recipes for making cookies from my friend.

maybe i'll plan one day whereby the kids can join in and let them do up their creativity with the designing.

now all i need is to test it out with the tabletop oven to make sure it's suitable. :)

sassylady

hope your brownies went well! i baked my christmas brownies over the weekend. they were added with m&m chocolate. taste really really good!

thought it would be better to stay home and bake instead. totally pigging out on the brownies. gonna blame the hubby for getting me the cornell oven already! make me bake all sorts of yummy stuff!

read from the cornell facebook that they are having their annual cny warehouse sales this weekend!

anyone looking for cheap electronics can go check it out this weekend and maybe buy a new oven for the new year! time to fill the house with the aroma of baked cny goodies!

sassylady

read from the cornell facebook that they are having their annual cny warehouse sales this weekend!

anyone looking for cheap electronics can go check it out this weekend and maybe buy a new oven for the new year! time to fill the house with the aroma of baked cny goodies!
i found about the warehouse sales from my friends and we all went together.

got quite a few new applicances for really good prices! did you buy anything from the warehouse sales? hope you did! can change all the old applicances with newer ones for the new year!

i found about the warehouse sales from my friends and we all went together.

got quite a few new applicances for really good prices! did you buy anything from the warehouse sales? hope you did! can change all the old applicances with newer ones for the new year!
bought a new oven from the cornell warehouse sales. thought new year might as well get a new one since the old one has been around for quite awhile.

i guess you bought quite abit of new stuff eh? it was so packed with people i don't even know how they managed to carry so many things back.

the new oven works like a charm. made some homemade pizza during the CNY break and it was good! :D

sassylady

bought a new oven from the cornell warehouse sales. thought new year might as well get a new one since the old one has been around for quite awhile.

i guess you bought quite abit of new stuff eh? it was so packed with people i dont't even know how they managed to carry so many things back.

the new oven works like a charm. made some homemade pizza during the CNY break and it was good! :D
that's really good to know dear. it sgood that you change your oven for the new year. like the say old one dont go how to wait for the arrival of the new one?

i bought an oven for my mother as well as a kettle and multicooker. cheap cheap and totally worth the money.

ya lo. it's so worth the money to go down to the cornell warehouse sales. bought new applicances for the new year as well. somemore can save quite abit when you buy them at such wholesale prices.

i bought a rice cooker from cornell as well.a 1.8 litres one. not too bad for the price i paid for it.

sassylady

ya. you never know when you will need the oven. the other day i was craving for toast so i just pop some bread into the oven and made toast. easy like that. somemore mine was a cheap one from cornell as well. cheap and yet has so many functions. totally worth the money.

for mummies getting an oven, do visit like those departmental stores for store discounts. sometimes they have good deals for tabletop ovens. like mine i got it for around 80 after discounts!

ya. you never know when you will need the oven. the other day i was craving for toast so i just pop some bread into the oven and made toast. easy like that. somemore mine was a cheap one from cornell as well. cheap and yet has so many functions. totally worth the money.

for mummies getting an oven, do visit like those departmental stores for store discounts. sometimes they have good deals for tabletop ovens. like mine i got it for around 80 after discounts!
that is like so true! it's always best to look around for the best deals before making the purchase. brands like cornell are affordable for all i think. especially when it's on sale! haha.

recently tried my hands at making char siew. used the tabletop oven and baked. the effect was not bad. quite yummy!