Terrible supermarket behaviour

jal

actually i find it fine coz normally those food samplers will ask for your cups/forks back and they will throw for you, unless you walk away and eat happily with the free sample

last time i had a friend who is quite stingy, she said whenever she is hungry and wants to save $$$, she said she will walk into Taka during a saturday afternoon, walks round all those sampling corners and pick up wadever foods that is offered to her, so once she walks one round, she is full oredi :001_302:

:p
Hahaha! But after a few times doing that, you will get sick of eating the same old samples - yogurt, bak kwa, yam cake, etc...

jal

What I cannot stand most are those who simply like to prick their nails into the fruits! Pls , if dont't know how to choose fruits dont't buy , poke and prick till the fruits full of 'scars' so 'mor beng' like that who still dare to buy! I always pity those fruits :eek:15:

Another thing. Many ppl said Singaporeans are very rude, do not give up seats to ppl who need it, no manners etc but I have seen many who are actually not locals although there do have a minority of them. :embarrassed:
AHAHA! Ya ya, I agree. I dun care if they do it to apples or oranges but when it comes to fragile fruits like peach, nectarine, plums, papaya, etc. I mind!

jazz_sofia

last saturday, i went to giant marine parade with hubby and my little girl...as i have a trolley and on my way to the milk alley, the family in front of us (mom, dad and a little girl) stopped and the mom checkd the bath towels that r on promotion, but the daddy, put the trolley on the middle of the aisle making it impossible for anyone with trolley to pass through...i was waiting for him to move his trolley on the side...but after like 20secs, he couldnt be bothered...so i said 'excuse me' (i was even smiling)...he didnt react, so i thot he didnt hear me, so i repeat saying 'excuse me' (still smiling)...he looked at me from head to toe then continued talking to his girl...i said 'excuse me' again , and again he looked at me, but didnt move his trolley, the wife noticed me (finally) and askd his hubby to move the trolley...guess what?...the husband looked at me then told his wife...let her find her way to get through (something like that)...my face turnd black, but...hubby looked at me and said 'c'mon, they are not even worth it'...

Last edited:

EnFlor

add on one more.

standing in the middle of anywhere (be it corridor,entrance,pavement) talking to their dear auntie friends like nobody's business and cant "see" any incoming HUMANS !

Yup, this really irritates me to the max, esp when they wanna say their hellos to their friends, right before stepping on the escalators. WALAU eh....how others want to get up/down the escalators liddat. When we say excuse me, they seem to be in their own world of CNN...chatting away!

diymummy

LOL!! I experienced all that you have mentioned!!! It's infuriating yet funny when you recount the incidences.

For me, I really dislike people who "park" their maids in the queue, go shop around and come back with more things in their trolleys. When they hit the cashier, they're still loading their trolleys and have the nerve to ask the cashier to wait beacuse they haven't finish their shopping!!! Like hello? There's still a line of people behind you...

Ting

thats one reason why i used to like grocery shopping n not now..
too many inconsiderates..

diymummy

Now not so many wet markets already. So everyone bo bian.

I see this type of behaviour more in NTUC and giant and Sheng Siong. Lesser at Cold Storage.

Ting

LOL~ mine area here still hv, just downstairs..
but i seldom buy from wet markets. so dun hv to worry now. :p

CanCanMum

Now not so many wet markets already. So everyone bo bian.

I see this type of behaviour more in NTUC and giant and Sheng Siong. Lesser at Cold Storage.
Cold storage normally only tai tais go coz its exp lolssssssss

tai tai muz have "style" :p:p:p

i go Cold Storage/The Market Place buy things i oso act "stylish" lolssssssssssss

diymummy

WAHAHAHA! No need to act laaa... Here all the mummies all got style!!!

I go Cold Storage when I bo bian... Like my son drinks NAN HA3... All the supermarket I go to OOS... Zzzzz...

Cold Storage staff also very helpful. When I can't find things they will help me find. NTUC when I can't find things the staff black face. LOL.

Oh well... You pay for what you get. Can't have the cake and eat it.

CanCanMum

WAHAHAHA! No need to act laaa... Here all the mummies all got style!!!

I go Cold Storage when I bo bian... Like my son drinks NAN HA3... All the supermarket I go to OOS... Zzzzz...

Cold Storage staff also very helpful. When I can't find things they will help me find. NTUC when I can't find things the staff black face. LOL.

Oh well... You pay for what you get. Can't have the cake and eat it.
Sheng Siong staff oso black face lolsssssssssssssss (mostly)

Ting

i used to ask for directions in supermarkets.
til now, then i just find it myself..
bcos, most of the time i ask, they also dunno where.
either they go find themselves, or they ask this person, tt person, til dunno where they go! n u hv to keep following behind them!

EnFlor

But sometimes it can be strangely funny lahh these salespeople, be it at malls or supermkts, when u don't need them, they are there breathing behind your necks but when we need them, seems like they all go to play hide and seek.

At my place, whenever the supermkt staff puts fresh packed salmon in the morning, the morning exercise aunties would rush to get them...like stampede u know. I think their exercise instructors psycho them to eat more salmon to keep in shape :err:U think so ?

Last edited:

diymummy

Enflor, you're funny. LOL! It seems like those aunties know when the fresh salmon would be replenished. LOL.

My area is not any better laa... Hahahaha. Esp with Sheng Siong and Giant.. OMG... Most of the time I want to buy fruits, at those 2 super marts, only left dented oranges or bleeding plums.

Ting

i think fresh fruits go wet market buy is better.
cos if u press the fruits sure kena by the fruit seller!
whereby supermarket, also none of their biz so they wont bother abt it.