Tooth chipped off, what should I do?

irene0476

Hi Mummies.:tlaugh:

My 2 years old boy accidentally knock onto my teeth and chipped off a portion of his right front tooth. What should I do? Do I need to go to dentist? It's quite a small chip, about 1mm from the corner.

Please advise.....:001_302::001_302:

1568mummy

My tooth was HALF-ED when I was younger after a fall on the basketball court... and it cuts my tongue, does it cut your boy's lips or tongue?

Like Mother like Son, my younger boy's teeth was chipped off too, earlier part of this year. Both were (like you say) about 1mm chipped off on each. Same thing, I observe if it cuts his lips or tongue... none of that happened, so I left it alone.

Observe then decide....

irene0476

I think he didn't hurt his lip but not sure about tongue...he won't let me see.
I like your 'like mother like son' statement coz me too, half-ed my front right tooth (same as my boy) a few years ago, hahaha.....

CanCanMum

Hi Mummies.:tlaugh:

My 2 years old boy accidentally knock onto my teeth and chipped off a portion of his right front tooth. What should I do? Do I need to go to dentist? It's quite a small chip, about 1mm from the corner.

Please advise.....:001_302::001_302:
if u feel uncomfy, can go to dentist to mend it. Looks beta oso coz its front tooth...oso the chip will cause bites to tongue etc.....

veron

My son's front tooth was also chipped off. I did not do anything abt it cos it did not cause any cuts to his mouth and it's not really obvious unless you look at it very closely.

stonston

You should bring to dentist to get it checked. They will apply enamel onto that tooth to protect it.

Chipped means the protective enamel is gone. The tooth can be decayed very easily.
Even if it is baby tooth, when the adult teeth grow out in the same mouth, bacteria from the 'decayed' teeth can also pass onto the new healthy adult teeth, causing long term problems.

This is the problem my hb is facing with his adult teeth, all due to poor dental care as a young kid.

If you are worried abt cost, go to those neighbourhood dentists. You do not need an expensive orthodontist to get it checked :)

anyway, at 2yo it is time to bring ur kiddo for a routine dental check and get ur kiddo used to seeing a dentist :) don't wait till problems crop up then see dentist, will end up even more expensive and traumatic for the kid.

anonfire

Alpha Male
ohh. thats rather informative. thx anyway. at least i know if my kids chip their tooth i should send them to the dentist due to the enamel thing.