Transporting BM and sterilised Breast Pump

Frenchkitty

Hi can I know:
- How to bring out expressed BM when going out with baby?
- What do you use to store sterilised breast pump if you intend to bring it out?

My pump is from AVENT and is the manual one. Thanks!

snowbear

I used the Medela cooler bag to bring out my ebm. It's got an ice pack inside so it keeps the milk really cool. Then when you need to warm the milk, just put the bottle in a mug of hot water and wait for it to warm up.

I used to just keep the sterilised pump in a clean ziploc bag. At most i'd pump once when out.

Cheyenne

Is there any other brands to recommd ? Medala rather exp.

Also, I got a question,I might need to travel for a few days next month and don't wish to loose the flow. What shall I do ? Continue to pump and throw away for those few days ?

Will babe reject B milk when I come back ?

veronica

I used the Medela cooler bag to bring out my ebm. It's got an ice pack inside so it keeps the milk really cool. Then when you need to warm the milk, just put the bottle in a mug of hot water and wait for it to warm up.

I used to just keep the sterilised pump in a clean ziploc bag. At most i'd pump once when out.
Sorry abit suaku about cooler bag. For the ice pack, do we freeze it in the chiller first before using? How long can it last?

Also anyone knows what is the meaning of thaw? I always hear that but dont know what it means..

joanne6298

hi mummies,

i have a few question, please help

how much is the medela cooler bag?

when put EBM in there than when get home put in fridge to chill or freeze?

how long u store ur EBM in the chill fridge?

snowbear

Sorry abit suaku about cooler bag. For the ice pack, do we freeze it in the chiller first before using? How long can it last?

Also anyone knows what is the meaning of thaw? I always hear that but dont know what it means..
I put the ice pack in the freezer before use. It can last for hours!!

If you wanna thaw your ebm from the freezer, you can put it in the fridge first so that the block of milk will melt (if you take it out much earlier) or just pop it into the baby food warmer to heat up (will take longer to warm up compared to warming up liquid ebm)

snowbear

hi mummies,

i have a few question, please help

how much is the medela cooler bag?

when put EBM in there than when get home put in fridge to chill or freeze?

how long u store ur EBM in the chill fridge?
Not sure how much the cooler bag is coz it was a gift.

To put the EBM in the fridge or freezer depends on when you're going to use the milk. If using it in the next 48 hrs then dun need to freeze. I dun keep ebm in the fridge for more than 48hrs and frozen ebm longer than 3months.

stonston

i rmb i bought 'fride-to-go' n paid ard $40 for it. very good investment. i'm still using now (to bring cold fruits to work :p). can keep cold for up to 12hours. size wise can put 6 canned drinks, so it's quite big :)

MsPlumpy

Hi can I know:
- How to bring out expressed BM when going out with baby?
- What do you use to store sterilised breast pump if you intend to bring it out?

My pump is from AVENT and is the manual one. Thanks!
I used the AVENT cooler bag with ice brick. I have also tried the normal cooler bag with ice brick, it works just the same for me.

I am also using the AVENT manual pump when I am out, I placed the 2 pumps in a lock n lock container ...

Last edited:

joanne6298

LOL. its okie. early birds got worms eat. haha..

BTW anyopne using a mini freezer to store BM? i getting one but wanna know the price and where to get