Type of water to let baby drink when travelling overseas?

meiteoh

If you're concerned about the quality of water even after boiling be it in Malaysia or anywhere in the world (although the water quality is much better in developed countries), then suggest that you get her mineral water. Better to be safe than sorry...

apollo

hahha..no water wont spoil.you can bring bigger thermos flask in your luggage.Boil water one time n put in there.Can use distilled water.Me so lazy just use filtered water fr tap.Its ok one.
distilled water can use those bottled type lik ice-mountain right? i mean, even i use those ice-mountain distilled water, i will still boil 1st.. LOL...

If you're concerned about the quality of water even after boiling be it in Malaysia or anywhere in the world (although the water quality is much better in developed countries), then suggest that you get her mineral water. Better to be safe than sorry...
but my fren told me not to gif ds mineral water.. she said distilled water might be a better choice.. or bring SG tap water over.. mvery heavy but no choice.. haha..

joeyz

i'm wondering if can feed b aby distilled water lik ice-mountain?? or 'pack' singapore's tap water into bottles, go hotel boil?? lik that the tap water will 'spoil'?? anyone knows??
Yes, distilled water is ok but definitely not mineral water esp if your baby is still v small. Their body organs still not fully develop to learn how flush off the mineral etc. Else filtered water shd be fine too. I wondered is Msia tap water after boiling is it safe to consume for baby. Any mummies hv encounter can share experience. :)

apollo

Yes, distilled water is ok but definitely not mineral water esp if your baby is still very small. Their body organs still not fully develop to learn how flush off the mineral etc. Else filtered water should be fine too. I wondered is Msia tap water after boiling is it safe to consume for baby. Any mummies have encounter can share experience. :)
u noe some bottled water which is similar as mineral water? some stated on the bottle as 'distilled' water, can tt be trusted?? can use tt type??

lynnie85

Is evian or any bottle mineral is gd? Or it's more advisable to cook water...and wat abt on the flight? coz we cant bring water on board,how do you all ur baby? Thru the water they usually serve give us?

Oppsgal

I'm a Singaporean relocated to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. My 9-month old drinks some cooled boiled water daily, no problem. My family drinks filtered tap water too.

Getting a mini electric kettle is a good idea.
Perhaps get a portable water filter jug, eg. Hyflux, too?
Price is about S$20+. My mum is using one.

We won't feed baby with bottled water though.

Cheers,
Mummy to Baby very
Mummy's Reviews
Sorry to side track abit. Can I know how to be a Malaysian pr for marrying a malaysian?

Thanks.

Oppsgal

yes babies should NOT be given bottled mineral water. i dont know till what age but then imo, better not to give as far as possible. there are those baby bottled water sold in the market as well isnt it? can buy those since they can be kept much longer n should be safe since they are for babies? think they are called ion water or something like this...
Cannot? I have given my baby bottled drinking water when baby was only 2 mths.

Oppsgal

Think can bring water bottle with water for baby on plane. But must say is for baby. Does plane flight offer baby's food?

Last edited:

joeyz

actually, even we adults also better dont drink too much of mineral water.. i personally prefer cool boiled water =)
Yeah, i personally prefer cool boiled water for baby. To me, i definitely wont feed mineral water to my boy (i've my fair bit of experience on that) but alternatively if u are taking him on plane, can request for distilled water beforehand. Or when u book the ticket, u can inform them that u've an infant and require distilled water. The airline will make the necessary arrangement to accomodate you and your baby. :)

apollo

Yeah, i personally prefer cool boiled water for baby. To me, i definitely wont feed mineral water to my boy (i've my fair bit of experience on that) but alternatively if you are taking him on plane, can request for distilled water beforehand. Or when you book the ticket, you can inform them that you've an infant and require distilled water. The airline will make the necessary arrangement to accomodate you and your baby. :)
actu if possible, i would rather to bring along my own water onto the plane. hehe :001_302:

meiteoh

I did read that mineral water is okay PROVIDED that it doesn't contain more than 200mg of sodium (Na) per litre but of course, distilled is the best. :)

bakaholic

Distilled water is not the best at all! It's so pure that it readily dissolves anything so it will leach essential minerals from our body. So drink in moderation.
Best to get those purified water which says drinking water.

Angeleye

pure drinking water in bottles is ok. still, u need to boil it to make sure it is absolutely safe for baby consumption.

Bianz

Hi mummies, I come across tis thread when I research for water to use in Bangkok for baby. Hope you may advise me. I will b bringing my 10mth old son to Bangkok coming dec n wonder should I use their tap water to boil? Bottle distilled water / mineral water to use direct or boil for his formula milk? Also what brand did you buy @ their supermarket? Million thanks in advance on your advise​
:)

Mreow Mreow

Hmm, I suggest u Don't use the hotel tap water to boil.

U should get bottled water from 7-eleven to boil for your son's milk!

If u don't need the water to be hot, u can just use it directly & not boil..

I'm half-Thai so my body is used to water boiled from Taps there but
Most sporeans have quite weak immunity especially when it comes to water from a different source..

So Juz buy bottled water from shops!
They are all cheap and
Any brand is ok...

Also, I'm very sure your hotel will provide u with some complimentary bottled water..

Enjoy BKK!!!

tehsusu79

Hi Mummies,

So actually how many ml of plain water can we bring on plane? I googled the International flight guidelines but it seems that they have different rules to bringing ready-made formula milk on-board as to plain water on-board.

Personally I do not prefer to give any bottled water to my son & will like very much to bring my own boiled water so am confused if we are even allowed to bring any amt of water to make formula milk when flying or their guidelines is only applicable to those ready-made formula? Does the limit include baby juices? Any mummies who travels with babies before have any clue?

rEpuLsiOn

Just brought my 6months old girl to thailand.. what we did was buy bottles of Ice Mountain pure drinking water from NTUC and bring it there. U can see the label from the bottle. And also bring a small electric kettle to boil water her there. Though luaggage might be heavier but at least we can have a peace of mind.