ultrasound seen sac and yolk but no embryo

leelian

hi all

i had another vagaina u/s. dr say there's sac and yolk but no embryo yet.
he said i was 6 week pregnant. and arrange another appointment at 2 weeks time.
have anyone experience this before? i need some help and advice.

Thanks.

ast0212

I had a 5 week scan due to spotting and they saw a 2mm sac. No heartbeat, nothing inside because it was too early and too small. At the 8 week scan everything was a lot clearer and we could see the foetus and heartbeat.

Don't fear, if you are feeling nausea or morning sickness, that is a good sign things are going well :)

leelian

I had a 5 week scan due to spotting and they saw a 2mm sac. No heartbeat, nothing inside because it was too early and too small. At the 8 week scan everything was a lot clearer and we could see the foetus and heartbeat.

dont't fear, if you are feeling nausea or morning sickness, that is a good sign things are going well :)

Hi ast

yes, i do feel abit of nausea but not very serious kind. dr prescribe me some
hormones pills until my next appointment in 2 weeks time.

ohya, according to my LMP, i am suppose to be 7 weeks. but the scan showed
i am 6 weeks. do you experience this situation before?

ast0212

I also had very very mild nausea, but a bit is better than none :) It got worse as the weeks went by. The dates sometimes can be a little bit off because of the time you ovulate plus depending on your menstruation cycle which can range from 28-40 days for different women...so not all the time doctor gets the dates right because they base it on a 28 day cycle.

Have you taken a series of blood tests? If your HCG levels are rising it's another indication your pregnancy is going well.

Hope it all goes well for you :)

leelian

I also had very very mild nausea, but a bit is better than none :) It got worse as the weeks went by. The dates sometimes can be a little bit off because of the time you ovulate plus depending on your menstruation cycle which can range from 28-40 days for different women...so not all the time doctor gets the dates right because they base it on a 28 day cycle.

Have you taken a series of blood tests? If your HCG levels are rising it's another indication your pregnancy is going well.

Hope it all goes well for you :)
Hi ast

dr had not done any blood test for me yet, he just arrange next appointment in 2 weeks time.
yes, i hope by then i can see my baby and the heartbeat. have been praying everyday for my baby and myself.
have you done any blood test?

ast0212

Hi leelian, I had blood tests done because I was spotting at 4 weeks so the dr wanted to check to see if it was going ok. With my first pregnancy I didn't need blood tests and my first scan was at 8 weeks....

I guess just wait and see. Continue praying for a healthy baby :)

leelian

Hi leelian, I had blood tests done because I was spotting at 4 weeks so the dr wanted to check to see if it was going ok. With my first pregnancy I didn't need blood tests and my first scan was at 8 weeks....

I guess just wait and see. Continue praying for a healthy baby :)
Hi ast

ya, i guess all i can do now is wait till the next appointment and in the mean time continue to take my folic acid, vitamins and hormone pills.
thanks for sharing your experience with me.

ast0212

No worries leelian. Try to relax and rest your body whenever you can... and don't worry too much. A bit hard though as mothers are always worrying through pregnancy and when baby is growing up hahaha.

Wishing you all the best for your pregnancy! :001_302:

leelian

No worries leelian. Try to relax and rest your body whenever you can... and don't worry too much. A bit hard though as mothers are always worrying through pregnancy and when baby is growing up hahaha.

Wishing you all the best for your pregnancy! :001_302:
thanks ast. i will try to rest and relax more when i can.

leelian

Hi Lee Lian,

You went to see another gynae and the gynae gave u hormone pills?
ya i have some spotting so i went to kkh 24hr clinic. then dr prescribe hormone pills to stablised my pregnancy.
but the dr cant see the fetus, only the sac and yolk. he arrange another scan in 2 weeks time.
hopefully everything is ok.

Jofeny

ya i have some spotting so i went to kkh 24hr clinic. then dr prescribe hormone pills to stablised my pregnancy.
but the dr cant see the fetus, only the sac and yolk. he arrange another scan in 2 weeks time.
hopefully everything is ok.

Got spotting must be careful.. Gynae got give you bed rest? Think you should avoid moving around too much.

By the way are u coping well with the hormone pills? Mine is really making me very sick.. See the small tiny medicine I break into cold sweat..

leelian

Got spotting must be careful.. Gynae got give you bed rest? Think you should avoid moving around too much.

By the way are u coping well with the hormone pills? Mine is really making me very sick.. See the small tiny medicine I break into cold sweat..
ya, now i try not to have big movement. nope, the dr nv ask me to rest on bed. i still need to go work =X
hmm, so far i ate 2x of the pill. i feel more tired than usual.cant really focus well at work =(
hmm, you working as well?

xiaodaisy

ya, now i try not to have big movement. nope, the dr nv ask me to rest on bed. i still need to go work =X
hmm, so far i ate 2x of the pill. i feel more tired than usual.cant really focus well at work =(
hmm, you working as well?
u should get mc fm doctor !! i had spotting at 11wks and my doctor first thing asked was am i working ..

maybe get leave fm work and rest a few days at home !!

leelian

u should get mc fm doctor !! i had spotting at 11wks and my doctor first thing asked was am i working ..

maybe get leave fm work and rest a few days at home !!
Hi Xiaodaisy

hmm i think dr nv give me MC cos it's just light spotting. he gave me hormone pills to
stablised my condition. hmm, i think tml i take MC ba, have been feeling very tired after taking the pills.

xiaodaisy

Hi Xiaodaisy

hmm i think dr nv give me MC cos it's just light spotting. he gave me hormone pills to
stablised my condition. hmm, i think tml i take MC ba, have been feeling very tired after taking the pills.
take some days leave , rest well is the most important for u and the baby .. =)

xiaodaisy

hmm,but i duno wat to do at home, no one is at home.and i am afraid i will tend to think too much =(
first time mom?

just sleep or watch tv .. i spend my time whole day home also .. my whole day activities is sleep , eat and watch drama .. LOL

or u can go to fren's hse and sit down get some rest too while chatting with frens so u wont be feeling bored !!

just relax urself and dont worry abt other stuffs ..

leelian

first time mom?

just sleep or watch tv .. i spend my time whole day home also .. my whole day activities is sleep , eat and watch drama .. LOL

or u can go to fren's hse and sit down get some rest too while chatting with frens so u wont be feeling bored !!

just relax urself and dont worry abt other stuffs ..
yes, 1st time here. that's why more worried esp when dr cant find the embryo from the scan.
hmm, my friends are working leh, not free to accompany me.

Ivy Miao

Hi Xiaodaisy

Leelian mummy, u realise the medicine makes u really tired and sleepy?? I'm on that pills too had been given 2weeks MC on bed rest. I'm not working... But the MC is to give my husband. Hahaha... I read online abt the side effects. Mental depression!! (-.-) I think I'm starting to have that. Get irritated sooo easily. They didn't state will feel sleepy or tired. But I'm alrdy feeling it. I'm always at home lying on bed with my iPad on my bed. U shld get MC from ur gynae. They will give u if u ask for it...