Uneven Brest Size??

Jovyna

Erm... My son only like to feed from my right breast... everytime when i try to feed him wif my left one, he will feed for awhile and just refused to feed le... Den now i realised my right breast is bigger than my left one... I'm having uneven breast size lor...

Any advise??? Any Help????

I really dun wish to be uneven...

hymseah

He he.. I am having the same problem too. Now I realise it is because the letdown is faster on one side and therefore he likes that. I tried all kinds of method to increase the production on the other side and reduce on the side that is big. But no success. Now, one side can produce 150ml of milk and the other side about 50ml. I laugh about it mostly but it makes me feel like a monster.

Jovyna

Lol... Now I tried to force him to feed on my right breast... get slightly even now le... Lol...

p9914551

Alpha Male
I'm having the same problem too.
One side has about 120ml, the other has only 60ml.
Last time, it was worst.

Now, I try to pump out the milk from the breast that has lesser milk, after my girl drink. I think it help a little.

stonston

I had the same prob. and to make things worse, the smaller side was the side i had an op to remove part of my breasts.

jus keep feeding on the side tt is smaller and pump out all tt baby nvr drink. it'll even out soon :)

tylann72

hi all pretty mummies, I have a same problem too... my right side is smaller than my left side cos i have quite slow let-down for my left breast. moreover, my son doesnt like to be latched on at my left breast..

newbie2009

hi all pretty mummies, I have a same problem too... my right side is smaller than my left side cos i have quite slow let-down for my left breast. moreover, my son doesnt like to be latched on at my left breast..
any mums have any suggestion how to even the breast? Can we try to improve the condition by allowing the baby to latch more often on the smaller side of the breast?

tylann72

I heard we need to stimulate the smaller breast by latching on more often or expressing in order to even out.

t00t

Hi,

I used to have the same problem in the past. What I did is to feed him every time with the smaller breast first instead of the normal rotating. Eventually, the smaller breast will also produce more milk and balance up.

Hope it help, Cheer :)

Yuki Miaka

7 months pregnacy now

i dun plan to let bb latch on... i am thinking pumping out the milk to let bb drink from milk bottle... if using breast pump.. like tht can pump both breast for same timing.. like that will both have same size ?

wondering if pumping milk is hurting or not...-.-'

newbie2009

Hi,

I used to have the same problem in the past. What I did is to feed him every time with the smaller breast first instead of the normal rotating. Eventually, the smaller breast will also produce more milk and balance up.

Hope it help, Cheer :)
Thanx for your advise. Will try to latch onto the smaller side. hopefully that will help. I am curious too. Did you try using the pump? Is it more painful for the baby to latch or to pump?

newbie2009

Both are not painful newbie2009......

If you latch on, you will feel closer to your baby..........
Btw will our nipples still very sore and errected like how it is now during pregnancy? Any mum care to share? Cant imagine if its still sore and the baby is going to latch on to it. *ouch*

t00t

If the baby didnt latch on properly then it will hurt.

I was once bitten by my gal till it bleed but I continue to BF. Once you latch on properly, it will not hurt and instead the breast milk will help to heal the wound faster.

Remember if your baby didnt latch on properly, you need to re-latch again. Do not continue becuase baby cant get much milk and your nipple will get hurt.

Cheer and happy BF!

newbie2009

If the baby didnt latch on properly then it will hurt.

I was once bitten by my gal till it bleed but I continue to BF. Once you latch on properly, it will not hurt and instead the breast milk will help to heal the wound faster.

Remember if your baby didnt latch on properly, you need to re-latch again. Do not continue becuase baby cant get much milk and your nipple will get hurt.

Cheer and happy BF!
how do you know if the baby is latching properly? is he/she supposed to suck the nipple only?

snowbear

Btw will our nipples still very sore and errected like how it is now during pregnancy? Any mum care to share? Cant imagine if its still sore and the baby is going to latch on to it. *ouch*
Last time when DD not very good at latching, my nipples were sore and cracked and she still went on to bite me. kena blisters on my nipple. BUT, still can feed! When bb latch on correctly, there's no pain. :)

snowbear

Erm... My son only like to feed from my right breast... everytime when i try to feed him wif my left one, he will feed for awhile and just refused to feed le... Den now i realised my right breast is bigger than my left one... I'm having uneven breast size lor...

Any advise??? Any Help????

I really dun wish to be uneven...
For every feed, just keep offering the smaller breast first coz bb's suckle for the first breast is stronger (hungrier). You may want to pump that breast after the feed also for extra stimulation. When milk supply is increased (in that breast), your breasts will soon even out.

newbie2009

Last time when DD not very good at latching, my nipples were sore and cracked and she still went on to bite me. kena blisters on my nipple. BUT, still can feed! When bb latch on correctly, there's no pain. :)
ouch that hurt....*rubbing my tummy...* "baby you must guai guai ok.......if not mummy is going to be paiful...."

anyway to ensure that bb latch properly? can feel that she latch properly de?

all the while i tot that since baby got no teeth, breastfeeding will not b so pain de. maybe i was wrong. thanx for correcting that perception for me.