Ur Sleeping Posture :)

adelynn

Did you know that during pregnancy it is best to be sleeping on the side, LEFT side to be exact during the night?

According to experts...

Sleeping on your left side will increase the amount of blood and nutrients that reach the placenta and your baby. Keep your legs and knees bent and a pillow between your legs.

If you find that you are having problems with back pain, use the "SOS" position and try placing a pillow under your abdomen as well.
If you are experiencing heartburn during the night, you may want to try propping your upper body with pillows.
In late pregnancy you may experience shortness of breath; try lying on your side or propped up with pillows.

Whats Ur usual sleeping posture?
Luckily for me im already used to sleeping on my side at night and it isnt much of a change for me.
Heard from some friends of mine it was initially difficult to change their sleeping posture when they were pregnant, especially with so much going on...

apollo

Did you know that during pregnancy it is best to be sleeping on the side, LEFT side to be exact during the night?

According to experts...

Sleeping on your left side will increase the amount of blood and nutrients that reach the placenta and your baby. Keep your legs and knees bent and a pillow between your legs.

If you find that you are having problems with back pain, use the "SOS" position and try placing a pillow under your abdomen as well.
If you are experiencing heartburn during the night, you may want to try propping your upper body with pillows.
In late pregnancy you may experience shortness of breath; try lying on your side or propped up with pillows.

Whats Ur usual sleeping posture?
Luckily for me im already used to sleeping on my side at night and it isnt much of a change for me.
Heard from some friends of mine it was initially difficult to change their sleeping posture when they were pregnant, especially with so much going on...
I do heard b4 slping by left side is the best cos of the blood flow. But not everytime can slp well on left side leh, sometimes right side more comfortable.

I do have some "difficulties" slping well at night. cos I used to slp on my back or tummy, not on my side.. but now cant slp on back cos will feel like the whole big tummy "crashing" down... hehe..

FannieMum

ya sleep on left side is good but sometimes i wld turn to my right as its comfortable too...:p

i miss sleeping on my back..

woofy55

hmmm... these 2 nights i will suddenly wake up around 2am ++.... i slept around 11pm... anyone who used to sleep like a log like me... now wake up in the middle of night? I hate it cos, the moment i wake up.. i feel neusea... :( and it took very long time back to sleep again... :(

apollo

hmmm... these 2 nights i will suddenly wake up around 2am ++.... i slept around 11pm... anyone who used to sleep like a log like me... now wake up in the middle of night? I hate it cos, the moment i wake up.. i feel neusea... :( and it took very long time back to sleep again... :(
ME!!! I used to go to bed at 12plus.. nowadays can only fall aslp at 3-4am! even if can slp, also will wake up 30min-1hr interval for toilet break.. but aft 4am, i can slp lik a pig... hehe..

aiya me too... now reaching the later part of pregnancy, i onli can sleep at 3 to 4am... sigh... then will wake up every few hours for toilet break, wake up liao must wait very long then can sleep again...

Yuki Miaka

if i sleep on the side, baby will kick me .. so early at night i try to sleep on left & right side, towards middle of the night.. i sleep on back despite the weight of baby ... but if i sleep on my back... baby less kick... :S i also dun know why...

mandymtb

my gynae told me if your baby is doing fine and growing well, it is ok to sleep on any side, even on ur back....

cos i feel the strain and pain on my lower hip area whenever i slp on the side, even with pillows prop-up behind...

and sama sama wif other mummies as well, am losing slp as well... and once woken by it takes a long time to fall bacl slp again... esp terok for those who need to work.... imagine awaken at 4am plus, then falling back to slp at 6am plus then hv to wake up again at 7am plus... *phew*

adoncia

thks for the info.. but i have difficulty slping on left side... tummy will be uncomfortable and i am afraid that bb body will press against his head... his head is on the left side...