Vaginal Infection

Triquetra

Tests for vaginal infections are done by swabing around the vagina.Its usually a culture so results take at least 3-5 working days.As long its not itchy or not an infection.When i was pregnant the lasttime i got this nagging itch..and like my dr said it only went away after delivery!!
Thanks!

Any idea if they would also have used my urine sample to test for vaginal infection beside bacteria infection?

Or is it possible that I get vaginal infection without any trace of bacteria in my urine?

shiseru

Drink good amount of cranberry juice as it one of the most simple and natural way of treating urinary tract infection. It prevents as well as heals the infection due to its medicinal properties.

Drink lots of water helps flush out bacteria. Take showers instead of bubble bath, avoid douching and scented sprays as this causes infection and irritation.

Triquetra

Is it possible to have vaginal infection even though my urine culture test result shows that there's no trace of bacteria?

ginoh

Hi Elainesoh07, if you find anything amissed like discharge getting heavier & smell alittle, pls head down & see your gynae/doc to ensure you dont't develop serious UTI like mine.

Just to share, I do change my pantyliner regularly and I dont't have any weird sensation or the urge to wash there but UTI hit me the hardest during my 10weeks pregnancy (now at 36 weeks) without me realising it. Got up one day, shivering (literally legs shaking and stammering) when I was rushed down to the hospital (Thomson Medical Center). So many people staring at me; dammm embarrassing... cos it looks like i had some ecstasy pills or something alike. not exactly a pretty sight... :we2Randy-git:Running a super high fever at 40degrees.

After the gynae & neurologist came and check, got a shocking truth that the UTI have spread to my kidney area. hmmm its pretty risky cos they can't give me any pills cos it would affect the baby and I was on antibiotic drip for several days.. *groans.

Till this day, my guy is, still very much traumatised by my shaken look.. and now he does load up Cranberry Juice (dont't get those cocktail type; i feel very sugary ; if you like sour and 100% type, this brand called Lakewood from Cold Storage is good) Like what Shiseru mentioned, drink plentiful of water!

Wheee!:Dancing_wub:

shazcheng

Hi dear all,

Just to share..

Cranberry is good.. its help to maintain healthy urinary tract. Thus prevent infection like yeast or fugi and urinary tract infection.. I m now 10 weeks pregnant, currently taking Cranberry Pills every day 2 times daily to prevent the infection from developing. I prefer taking the pills cos I find the juice too sugary. From the beginning of my pregnancy till now, i have slight syptoms of infection, with popping the pills daily it help to ease the discomfort.... :Dancing_wub::tlaugh:

Triquetra

Hi dear all,

Just to share..

Cranberry is good.. its help to maintain healthy urinary tract. Thus prevent infection like yeast or fugi and urinary tract infection.. I m now 10 weeks pregnant, currently taking Cranberry Pills every day 2 times daily to prevent the infection from developing. I prefer taking the pills cos I find the juice too sugary. From the beginning of my pregnancy till now, i have slight syptoms of infection, with popping the pills daily it help to ease the discomfort.... :Dancing_wub::tlaugh:
Where did you get the pills from?
Is it prescribed by the gynae?
Checked with gynae, the urine culture test for UTI/bacteria infection doesn't screen for vaginal infection.

shazcheng

Where did you get the pills from?
Is it prescribed by the gynae?
Checked with gynae, the urine culture test for UTI/bacteria infection doesn't screen for vaginal infection.
The pills can buy from pharmacy like NTUC Unity and Watson or Guidance. But only certain brands have cranberry pills.. not all leading vitamins brands have..... Urine test can only check the increase of White Blood Cells in the urine contains which means there is an infection going on inside. Vaginal infection depends on the syptoms as well.. the most common among female is UTI, fungi and yeast infections...

Triquetra

The pills can buy from pharmacy like NTUC Unity and Watson or Guidance. But only certain brands have cranberry pills.. not all leading vitamins brands have..... Urine test can only check the increase of White Blood Cells in the urine contains which means there is an infection going on inside. Vaginal infection depends on the syptoms as well.. the most common among female is UTI, fungi and yeast infections...
Thanks for the info!
Just asked Hubby to check for me at KKH's pharmacy :)

Just to share, i had my infection throughout whole pregnancy..
Did tests, pills to ease infection.. doesn't help..

But after gave birth, all gone!

does it include urinating frquently at night too? i mean the signs of uti?
it seems like everyone's went away after giving birth. why is that so?

Triquetra

does it include urinating frquently at night too? i mean the signs of uti?
it seems like everyone's went away after giving birth. why is that so?
Frequency to urinate, burning/pain when passing urine etc.
But for us, I think it's very hard to differentiate the frequency from pregnancy and UTI.

bellerichez

Just to share, i had my infection throughout whole pregnancy..
Did tests, pills to ease infection.. doesn't help..

But after gave birth, all gone!

Oh. I have infection too and my gynae ask me to insert the pill but i'm scared. So i plan to do it after i gave birth. But now i read from what u say that it will disappear after giving birth so i think i will see how it goes after i give birth.

But during giving birth the infection will be pass to your baby if u give birth naturally. Did u give birth naturally or C-sect?

tulip_nel

Hi mummies,
I also use pantyliners, everyday there will be a slight yellowish discharge... but some of the days may become quite a heavy discharge.. but there is no itchy feels. My gynae advised to wait until 8 mnth, then do the test. If need be, then he will give me the medicine... any mummies experience so?

Triquetra

Hi mummies,
I also use pantyliners, everyday there will be a slight yellowish discharge... but some of the days may become quite a heavy discharge.. but there is no itchy feels. My gynae advised to wait until 8 mnth, then do the test. If need be, then he will give me the medicine... any mummies experience so?
Heavier discharge is common during pregnancy. The slight yellowish might be your discharge being stained by urine. If there isn't any discomfort or any other symptoms, your gynae will usually conduct the test few weeks before your EDD.

bellerichez

I am taking CranUT, it states that it's safe for pregnant women and breast-feeding mothers.

Oh. I don't dare to take without my gynae's advice and my gynae also never introduce me to take cranberry pills. So far i think it's still okay lah. As long as no sugary item then my discharge will be normal. Next visit i go and ask my gynae abt it see what is his opionion =)