VBAC for twins is possible-I did it with no epidural!

kathtan

Just to share with all that I popped out my twin boys on 14 Apr naturally, even after i had a c-section for my 1st born. I did it without epidural too!:Dancing_wub:
Actually i never dream that i could give birth to them naturally as they are twins and i had a c-section before. However, the on-call gynae who delivered for me was confident that i should go for it since both heads were already down. Boy, I must really thanked her else I would never ever have felt the excitement (and pain) of giving birth. Both boys came out within 3 min apart.

So for those who had a c-section before, don't cross out the idea of having a natural birth.

kath
mom to Jay, Hayn and Wayn

Phoebii Cheng

Just to share with all that I popped out my twin boys on 14 Apr naturally, even after i had a c-section for my 1st born. I did it without epidural too!:Dancing_wub:
Actually i never dream that i could give birth to them naturally as they are twins and i had a c-section before. However, the on-call gynae who delivered for me was confident that i should go for it since both heads were already down. Boy, I must really thanked her else I would never ever have felt the excitement (and pain) of giving birth. Both boys came out within 3 min apart.

So for those who had a c-section before, don't cross out the idea of having a natural birth.

Thanks for sharing, I thot of hvg natural birth if i hv my second child.....it's really encouraging to know that it is possible

Priya Diva

Hi Kath

Congrats..

i had delievered my 1st baby thru c-section in Jan. So your words are now very encouraging...:)

Amulet

cool!

actually i was wondering, my 1st c-sec's pain was quite managable.. and heals pretty quickly..

i see my friend's natural birth(we got the same doc) like quite tough, and her healing period for the episiotomy is quite long..

makes me wonder if i would wan a natural birth for no.2 or not, although i was pretty sure natural was the way to go be4 i had my c-sec..

any advise?

kathtan

Amulet
Same as you, my 1st born was by c-section and i was walking the next day already. Only thing was the wound would get abit painful when i sneezed or laughed then. So when i had the twins, it was natural to think that i would have a c-section too.

The positive things that were in place for me-(1) both twins heads were down, one was engaged at the cervix, (2)the on-call gynae who delivered for me (Dr Lim-Assoc COnsultant)was confident and had delivered many twins naturally before (even for those in breech positions!), (3) i had no time for the anesthetic (rt sp??) guy to come as cervix opening too fast and contractions too. So it really depends on the situation, right?

Your gynae's experience plays a very impt part in my opinion. I was from pte switched to KKH at the last minute, then it was really a blessing in disguise to have Dr Lim who is so senior in level and experienced in high risk preg/deliveries to attend to me. For those delivering in KK and belongs to a high risk (ie, like me- older mom, twin preg, water bag burst, previous c-section and 2 ectopic preg), I would strongly recommend to have her as your gynae.

By the way, i was walking 4 hrs later after i delivered the twins and healing for the episotomy is pretty ok too. Just take lots of vit c.

Hope it helps.

Amulet

Amulet
Same as you, my 1st born was by c-section and i was walking the next day already. Only thing was the wound would get abit painful when i sneezed or laughed then. So when i had the twins, it was natural to think that i would have a c-section too.

The positive things that were in place for me-(1) both twins heads were down, one was engaged at the cervix, (2)the on-call gynae who delivered for me (Dr Lim-Assoc COnsultant)was confident and had delivered many twins naturally before (even for those in breech positions!), (3) i had no time for the anesthetic (rt sp??) guy to come as cervix opening too fast and contractions too. So it really depends on the situation, right?

Your gynae's experience plays a very impt part in my opinion. I was from pte switched to KKH at the last minute, then it was really a blessing in disguise to have Dr Lim who is so senior in level and experienced in high risk preg/deliveries to attend to me. For those delivering in KK and belongs to a high risk (ie, like me- older mom, twin preg, water bag burst, previous c-section and 2 ectopic preg), I would strongly recommend to have her as your gynae.

By the way, i was walking 4 hrs later after i delivered the twins and healing for the episotomy is pretty ok too. Just take lots of vit c.

Hope it helps.
thanks! now u really gave me the confidence to go natural for my future births le..

Congrats! I am rather curious for w/o epidural. Did you feel any pain during the episotomy or was everything going so fast that you couldn't really feel the pain?

kathtan

Congrats! I am rather curious for w/o epidural. Did you feel any pain during the episotomy or was everything going so fast that you couldn't really feel the pain?

Can hear something but the pain was neglible (rt spelling?), more like when prick with needle for blood test. I didn't know she was doing it unless she mentioned that it was done though.

MaMa_P

Wow Mummy Kathtan,

you are very brave. I can never imagine myself not having any epidural. My tolerant for pain is quite low.

BRAVO!

So for those who had a c-section before, dont't cross out the idea of having a natural birth.

kath

wow amazing. congrat:Dancing_tongue:

So for those who had a c-section before, dont't cross out the idea of having a natural birth.

kath

Hi Kath,

May i know the reason for c-section for your 1st child? I heard that if the reason for c-section was due to not dilating after long hrs, the chances of VBAC is very slim. But if the reason for c-section is due to the baby, eg breech, low water level, etc, there's high chances of VBAC.

My EDD is in sept and i had c-section for my 1st child due to not dilating aft long hrs (only 3 cm dilate). I would very much want to try VBAC but afraid of emergency c-sect again as the cost would be higher.