What are confinement foods & beverages?

mae

Hello my beloveds,

As many of you knows I am a Filipino & honestly I really wonder what foods you are eating during confinement. I believe I also experienced bathing with herbal things when I gave birth 4 years ago but I was allowed to eat & drink anything.

I am on TTC mode so I wish to follow confinement rules for my no. 2 this time.

Thanks
Mae:)

aby

Dearie, oh my 2nd confinement was so enjoyable!!! Heeheehee..

Our confinement aunty is so nice and a great cook!!

Food are:
Pig trotter
Meat with many kind of gingers
Peanut, pork ribs soup
Vegetables with ginger
Fish
Mee sua with xo, meat, veg and ginger
Wanton mee
Mee Hoon Kuey
Sandwiches
Tonic soup
Chicken/meat stew

~ many many more.. :red:

My mom, hb and ds eat what i eat and put on 3kg!!!! :tlaugh:

All the above are cooked in confinement style.. Ginger and dome the key ingredients of them.. But dome added only 2th week onwards as 1st week, our bodies still clearing blood..

Beverages:
Red dates, longan drink
Milo
Essence of Chicken (once at breakfast)

1st week, other dates added to the red dates drink to help clear the
blood..

Bathing part, the herbal water is boiled then left overnight then reheat early next morning (6am).. When cool to warm temperature, use it to bathe and wash hair..

Thank GOD for a superb confinement aunty, cried when she left.. She's really a great help.. I was a Queen for the 28 days!!! :tlaugh:

mae

wish to have a good confinement in Philippines then...hehehe coz here i get to do all the housework...

LoVeS

i only rmb drinking red dates longan drink everyday until i get constipation n sore throat :nah:

aby

Forgotten to add on: I finished 6 bottles of DOME in the month!!!!

Every nite, our good confinement aunty will sit beside me to make sure I finished 1 cup (mormal big cup ok) of DOME.. So difficult to drink (eee too sweet), i prefer beer and hard liquor.. She so nice bring biscuit, then I one month bisuit, one mouth Dome.. Then I ma-bok ma-bok go zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. Heehee.. :tlaugh:

rjj

wow.... aby, you really can drink leh.... i can't even finish 1 bottle....

but hor, if we take DOM, then breastfeed. Is it ok huh? That is also one of the reason i dun dare to drink too much leh.....

Mum2Matty

but hor, if we take DOM, then breastfeed. Is it ok huh? That is also one of the reason i dun dare to drink too much leh.....
If you are breastfeeding, you CANNOT drink a normal big cup of DOM. What you can do is after your night feeding, drink a tiny cup, the kind of measuring cup that comes with Yomeishu. It's safe to drink DOM once a night if you are breastfeeding.

aby

Oh YES!!! I can drink one..

As I drank Dome only at night, thus I just discard whatever I have over the night.. Then I bf all DAY long lor.. :Dancing_wub:

LoVeS

i peifu u ladies manz i find the taste of DOM yucks manz tats why i cant even finish half a bottle of DOM.

LoVeS

Me bo bian leh my mom bought 2 750ml ask me to drink finish but even use it to cook aso only manage to use half bottle. I ever try drinking it but OMG taste yucks :wong11:

aby

Me bo bian leh my mom bought 2 750ml ask me to drink finish but even use it to cook aso only manage to use half bottle. I ever try drinking it but OMG taste yucks :wong11:
Oh yes, it tastes awful!!!!! But when our CL persistantly told me all the benefits of it and that I suffered quite alot as I din do well in the 1st time and she so kind and patient to sit beside me and serve the biscuit, I obediently drink lo.. heehee.. :Dancing_wub: She kept saying "pls dun waste $$$.. Since u do confinement, do it well n proper.. When I leave youo, you'll be all alone by urself to take care of the 2, u need strength, etc etc.." Cheers to this good CL!!! Miss her and her kindness and her food!!!! :tlaugh:

LoVeS

My mom aso keep saying tt coz previously my abortion i didnt do any confinement or take tonic so body bcome quite bad easily sick BUT then DOM taste yucks :tlaugh:

aby

My mom aso keep saying tt coz previously my abortion i didnt do any confinement or take tonic so body bcome quite bad easily sick BUT then DOM taste yucks :tlaugh:
Ya agree.. Cook chicken or meat with Dome.. Sweet and tasty!! :Dancing_tongue:

Try essense of chicken.. Share with u my special way of taking it.. I love eggs.. All kinds of cooking it.. I prepare soft boil eggs and pour essense of chicken into the eggs and eat it, no need salt and sources.. Our CL sharing this style of eating to all she serves now.. heeehee.. My hb and mom eeeeeeee alot but that's my favourite man.. During prenancy and confinement.. :red:

Add red dates and wolfberries to soup or dishes.. A good tonic for blood replenishment.. :Dancing_wub: Milo is good for energy too!!!

aby

LOL my confinement end long ago liao so kinda wasted ur remedy~
Oh we women should continue to well maintain and try keep our bodies tip-top ma.. Heehee..

My aunt still drink a small cup of Dome every nite.. Also have rose bud + longan + red dates.. Rinse and soak in hot water for 20 minutes then drink, nice and helps blood replenishment + clear oil and improve complexion.. I long time forgotten this le but u prompt me to remember.. :Dancing_tongue: Tks, LoVeS!!!

The essense of chicken + soft boiled egg also can still consumed ma.. Easy n good! And yummy (for me)!!! :Dancing_wub: