What did your hubby buy for you when you gave him a son?

woofy55

my hubby bought me a diamond ring during the early days when i was pregnant and vomitting badly. my frens joke that so when i am holding the toilet bowl, my eyes can stray and look at the ring - at least have some consolations. haha..

but like what some mummies mentioned above - his effort to be a good daddy and hubby to help out with baby's daily fussiness is priceless. :)

And cos taking care of baby now - i couldn't wear my ring or any other accessories cos scare with scratch him.

sufeit0115

haha my hubby actually buy me nothing at all (he is those stingy type) and i actually don't demand anything cos we believe we should plan our finances and spending prudently especially after the birth of our new bundle of joy. As both of us are working, he is helping me with night feeds so that i can have uninterupted sleep and this is his priceless gift to me.

Btw, side track a bit, i still have 4kg to lose to return my pre-pregnancy weight. However, i could no longer wear my wedding band, alamak. I was wondering should we get a new band, but seemed like pantang right? cos like married for second time? Haha.. :)

Last edited:

Phoebii Cheng

My hubby did not get me anything....:we3sad:

Mayb tht time overwhelmed by taking care of my son, so oso forget to ask for anything....but he only wrote me a love note hehe....

Domique

if u pantang, u can go enlarge ur current ring.. some goldsmith provide such service

haha my hubby actually buy me nothing at all (he is those stingy type) and i actually dont't demand anything cos we believe we should plan my finances and spending prudently especially after the birth of our new bundle of joy. As both of us are working, he is helping me with night feeds so that i can have uninterupted sleep and this is his priceless gift to me.

Btw, side track a bit, i still have 4kg to lose to return my pre-pregnancy weight. However, i could no longer wear my wedding band, alamak. I was wondering should we get a new band, but seemed like pantang right? cos like married for second time? Haha.. :)

ohstrawberry

I'm so sad, he didn't give me anything too.
When i told him ppl's husband got buy gift for wife after delivery, he told me to go find ppl's husband lor.
Actually i don't mind if he don't give any gift, but the way he treated us, make me so unhappy with him. He don't take care of the baby, only play with him, he can simply go to sleep when baby cried loudly, I'm the only one taking care of baby in the middle of the night. When i said i will go back my mum's house to stay for few days, he's so happy.
Yesterday when go for dinner, he can just stand outside the car and wait for me. I had to struggled with baby and all the bags. In the end i purposely just sit inside the car until he come and help me. Sometimes he's just dun care if i need help.
In front of friend, he likes to show to ppl like as else he so caring to the baby, sayang him all the time. But at home, i must always call him to attend to baby when i'm busy, if not he will just sit there and watch TV.
Sorry just to vent my frustrations and grumble here a bit.

meiteoh

To stick to the thread ( :p ), he gave me a smooch...and I actually never thought of getting something for my efforts (coz I feel that it's a given since I wanted a baby as well and my hubby was supportive throughout my pregnancy) until my MIL brought it up to him - apparently my FIL had bought her pearls when she gave birth to my sis-in-law. But it's okay; him helping out and all, those things are more important. :)

ohstrawberry, some men just take longer time to be dads. Maybe just be patient and try to guide him. At least he's helping out. I have a friend; her hubby can't even be bothered to play with their baby let alone swing the yaolan or do anything else!

Last edited:

Phoebii Cheng

I'm so sad, he didn't give me anything too.
When i told him ppl's husband got buy gift for wife after delivery, he told me to go find ppl's husband .
Actually i dont't mind if he dont't give any gift, but the way he treated us, make me so unhappy with him. He dont't take care of the baby, only play with him, he can simply go to sleep when baby cried loudly, I'm the only one taking care of baby in the middle of the night. When i said i will go back my mum's house to stay for few days, he's so happy.
Yesterday when go for dinner, he can just stand outside the car and wait for me. I had to struggled with baby and all the bags. In the end i purposely just sit inside the car until he come and help me. Sometimes he's just dont care if i need help.
In front of friend, he likes to show to ppl like as else he so caring to the baby, sayang him all the time. But at home, i must always call him to attend to baby when i'm busy, if not he will just sit there and watch TV.
Sorry just to vent my frustrations and grumble here a bit.
Mayb u want to talk it out with ur hubby? Tht u need his help in taking care of ur bb....

ohstrawberry

Had talked to him already, told him to be more initiative, help me to do simple chores like washing baby's milk bottles and steralising them, he only did 2 times then don't do already, sometimes i suspect he try to act stupid, giving me the impression that he don't know how to do then i would not ask him to do.
But lucky when i told him to carry baby a while so that i can have my bath, he's willing to do so, if not i will stink to the max.
Sometimes i just don't feel safe of him taking care baby alone, once i caught him lying on the bed to swing the yaolan, he was so sleepy that he swing very hard that nearly baby head knock onto the bedrail. I had to shout from the bathroom, telling him to be careful. Another time when baby sleeping in sarong, he walked past him without seeing and knocked his head with his knee, baby had a fright and cried so loudly from the sudden knock. Later he can tell me say he don't know baby sleeping inside sarong *faintz*
YES, this is my husband and baby's father i'm talking about, not a maid. Imagine how resposible as a father he can be.

Mayb you want to talk it out with your hubby? Tht you need his help in taking care of your baby....

cmeilim

hi sufeit0115, i also went back to my jeweller to ask for expansion of wedding band. no charge cos under the tianpo jewel card privilege.

hi ohstrawberry, i have come to realise that sometimes it's a lost battle when u pit yourself against the tv. so what i do is to ask my hubby: "can u pls help me with ....?"

my hubby didn't buy me anything when i gave birth to ian. but he became working dad + maria (household chores, cooking, laundry) + ahmad (chauffeur). i count my blessings! =)

Phoebii Cheng

Hi ohstrawberry,

your husband is one tough one....for me though my hubby did not help with taking care of our son, but he does the household chores and stuff like tht, does ur hubby do the household chores? If he does then mayb like my hubby lah, share the burden, u take care of bb, while he takes care of the house.....

ohstrawberry

He did help me to sweep and mop the floor, i just close one eye on the cleanliness part. He will help me to change bedsheets too. He also wash his own clothes with the washing machine.
I guess my hubby just don't have the "father instinct", he's definately not capable with taking care of baby, i will just have to bear with it and handle baby myself then.

Hi ohstrawberry,

your husband is one tough one....for me though my hubby did not help with taking care of our son, but he does the household chores and stuff like tht, does your hubby do the household chores? If he does then mayb like my hubby , share the burden, you take care of baby, while he takes care of the house.....

woofy55

hubby was very enthusiatics handling louis initially - his 1st bath also daddy take care cos i still cannot touch water, with MIL supervising. Until 1 time, duno why Louis got a fright then cried until like not breathing.. scare the hell of hubby.. then after that he's quite scare to handle louis alone.

Until recently, i'm not feeling well - i've developed gall stones and the attack of the pain is sudden and painful. He gotta take over taking care of Louis (attack usually came at night, dunno why). And ytd I just went for my operation to remove the gall bladder. Hubby took up the responsibility again to take care of Louis since I was admitted to hospital on saturday. And cos my parents wants me to rest at least ytd nite when i was discharged - so Louis was with them overnite. Daddy was so worried and miss Louis so much... :p Daddy's instinct is back!! Somehow, i guess something need to happen to trigger it - hmm.. but.. what a price... :(

Frenchkitty

He let me choose what category room I wanna stay in hosp (which in the end I chose 2 bedder cos Im scared LOL), and he let me book Wendy Jacob's postnatal massage lady (which in the end I cancelled cos I had emergency Csect 3 wks before my due date n her schedule couldnt fit)

and he bought me a car.

Also, he does his fatherly and husbandly duties.. so really, there's nothing more I could ask for.

adelynn

He let me choose what category room I wanna stay in hospital (which in the end I chose 2 bedder cos Im scared LOL), and he let me book Wendy Jacob's postnatal massage lady (which in the end I cancelled cos I had emergency Csect 3 wks before my due date n her schedule couldnt fit)

and he bought me a car.

Also, he does his fatherly and husbandly duties.. so really, there's nothing more I could ask for.
a car?? NICE!

jasobias

As for me..i think he bot me those little diamond earrings n a ring.
But told him no need go waste money liao.
He took 2 weeks leave for each baby.N he slept with the babies at nite in a different room to take care of nite feeds until baby is 3-4 months then we sleep together again in our bed with baby.I am a very light sleeper so thts why he chose to sleep in spare room so i cld rest properly.He also bathed our newborns until i felt well enuf to do..but he still takes care of the nite baths.
N he is a very hands on hubby n father.I can go for short hols with frens n stuff n he takes leave n looks after the kids.Or when i go out for my movies(Weekly)( or clubbing...doesnt ask any questions..just ask..got enuf money or not?hahhaha
I cldnt ask for anything more!