What does baby wear at home?

Hi all! Can anyone share what kinda clothings to dress baby in when at home? Sorry first time mum so abit blur. Ive got quite a number of full suit rhompers(long sleeved with covered 'booties') Wondering if its too hot to wear with no aircon on? Think i will only dress him up in that when slping in aircon room?

And for short sleeved ones, just wear a top n diapers + shorts will do , right? Need to wear mittens n booties at home?or only when we go shopping in airconditioned malls with him?

Thanks so much!:shyxxx:

diymummy

Yes the full body suit would be too warm in the day to wear without air conditioning.

Booties and mittens are worn to prevent babies from scratching themselves so my son still wears them in non-a/c places.

Usually in the day my son will be in short-sleeve or sleeveless rompers. Sometimes, like what you described, t-shirt + diapers + shorts.

As a general rule of thumb, wear what you feel you would feel comfortable in. If there is no air conditioning, I doubt you would feel good wearing a long sleeved footed romper. :)

Yes the full body suit would be too warm in the day to wear without air conditioning.

Booties and mittens are worn to prevent babies from scratching themselves so my son still wears them in non-a/c places.

Usually in the day my son will be in short-sleeve or sleeveless rompers. Sometimes, like what you described, t-shirt + diapers + shorts.

As a general rule of thumb, wear what you feel you would feel comfortable in. If there is no air conditioning, I doubt you would feel good wearing a long sleeved footed romper. :)
Thanks alot babe! hmm how bout baby tummy binder? I heard baby can wear it to prevent their navel from friction caused by clothings? Is it neccessary?
:001_302:

xicloudix

I dun use navel binder... my boy wear a short sleeve/ sleeveless T-shirt with a cloth diaper... tats all... at night = short sleeve / Longsleeve(when its raining or when i feel cold) with a thin blanket covering his leg...

mitten 24/7 on him until when he is around 2.5 mths old.... and socks from born till now 24/7 on him...

diymummy

I also don't use navel binder. You can watch and see. If the navel is having some form abrasion then use it bahhh...

Phoebii Cheng

When my son was younger, I put on those short sleeve cotton shirt or t-shirt, with shorts

At night, cos' we don't sleep in air-con, so it is also short sleeves but with long pants.

But when he is newborn, I swaddle him a lot....

As for mittens or botties, I wear them till he is 3mths old

apollo

during daytime, sleeveless top and those 'panty' type shorts.. unless the weather is cool, den i will let him wear those sshort sleeves romper..

Mummy to Baby V

In the day: sleeveless or short-sleeved top/romper with modern cloth diaper

At night: long-sleeved top & long pants or onesie (long bodysuit). If without aircon: short-sleeved top with long pants

Swaddled until 6.5 months (not recommended for most babies; my boy could not sleep well)

I like to get the 7-piece pack rompers and 3-piece pack onesies during Mothercare sale, at 30% off. Good quality fabric.

Mittens & booties: in the day, for about 2 months
At night, about 3-4 months?

Ting

first two mths i dress her in long pants n short sleeve tops. night time is long sleeves.
3rd mth onwards, singlets/short sleeve tops n shorts in the day (with diaper) n night time will be short sleeves n long pants.
i remove mittens at 1 mth plus (close to 2 mths). for socks/booties, i usu let her wear them out, esp in A/C places.

Thanks ladies for all your replies! Really excited n scared bout the arrival of baby! Luckily mine's a boy else I think I will spend much much more buying all the sweet little dresses for a baby girl!

newmum80

my boy is one that cant stand heat since newborn. though during newborn i like to put on romper but hardly long sleeve, even if it is lone sleeve, it is made of cotton and very cooling and comfy to wear. He sweats alot since newborn thought it is common for newborn babies but even until now 10 mths, he still sweats if i didnt on the aircon during day time, jus earlier i decided to switch off the aircon, my fan always on but he woke up crying & sweating all over his hair and wet the bed. Geee.. so i decided to switch on the aircon and he went back to sleep.

shopaholic

Day time would be either short sleeve or sleeveless tops. He may be just wearing diapers or I'll let him wear shorts, depending on the weather that day. My boy cant stand heat and sweat easily. For night, he's usually in short sleeve tops and long pants since we sleep in aircon. It's only when the weather is cold, then he'll be in long sleeve tops.

CanCanMum

daytime = always front button short sleeve cottons + mittens + booties + tummybinder + nappy for swaddling as well as act as shorts (no shorts coz berri troublesome to change diapers)

night time = same as above except wear long sleeve front button cotton and long pants and NO nappy for swaddling

sample of Baber's baby times pics :001_302:

Attachments

daytime = always front button short sleeve cottons + mittens + booties + tummybinder + nappy for swaddling as well as act as shorts (no shorts coz berri troublesome to change diapers)

night time = same as above except wear long sleeve front button cotton and long pants and NO nappy for swaddling

sample of Baber's baby times pics :001_302:
Hahaa still got ur bb's model pics !so cute!hehe.. Thanks thanks!