What does Gleneagles provide? Avg bill of Gleneagles?

hi steffywoofy,

can i know how much do u hv to pay for all the other charges which r not included in the package?

how much is ur gynae delivery fee n who is ur gynae huh?
My gynae is Dr Irene Chua
Other charges not in the package is abt $4.7k
My total bill is $7.6k++
Package is $2888

Gynae charge is $2.6k
PD i think its $300++
Epi $500

:)

Hehe jus enjoy your pregnancy for now... a lot of mommies are missing their pregnancy days including myself! Zzzz
Go for all your fav food and do all the shopping you want now before your confinement start ... hehe

wamy

im done with my pre registration also.. i took double bed w/o epidural. $1816 .. 3days 2nights.. my gyne fee estimated for normal is $1,2k.. what if i want to go home in 2days.. are they going to deduct the amount?

im done with my pre registration also.. i took double bed w/o epidural. $1816 .. 3days 2nights.. my gyne fee estimated for normal is $1,2k.. what if i want to go home in 2days.. are they going to deduct the amount?
Eh... can go home early?
I doubt so?
Cos min is 3 days 2 nights?
If you go home early what abt baby? Cos bb need to be screen and check...

But if they really allows you to go home they will refund you whatever excess you paid but i doubt there will be excess.
They check every single things... like during delivery those cotton, gloves, surgical thingy etc etc
If you need them to FM for instead.. they also charge.. $1 per tiny bottle of FM

wamy

coz my collegue also gave birth in Glen E.. she and the baby was discharge a day after she delivers... i think if everything ok with you and the baby can go home in less than 3days... if normal delivery maybe..

steffy.. why you pay for epidural separate? i tot your package already includes epidural?

Wamy, the package include epi but dont include doc's attendance fees
you need to pay $500 for his presence haha

Oh... but if your stay 1 day... that means taking ala cart menu... i think quite ex also...cos they charge every single thing
But if can i suggest stay throughout...after epi you have to lie on the bed at least 12 hrs
if discharge the following day very rush leh... cos bb will only go for BCG jab for nx day (for my case)
so better be in hospital to be under monitor :)

wamy

$500 just for attendance to put epidural? haha so ex..
i took the package w/o epidural... i hope i can handle.. anyway i can ask for it if i really cant take it.. im also ok to stay 3days 2nights since it is already in the package...

your bill how is much deducted to medisave?

$500 just for attendance to put epidural? haha so ex..
i took the package w/o epidural... i hope i can handle.. anyway i can ask for it if i really cant take it.. im also ok to stay 3days 2nights since it is already in the package...

your bill how is much deducted to medisave?
Yah! Its very expensive but its also life saver for me cos i got very low threshold for pain LOL!
But if you can of course strongly encourage drug free labour...
Actually 3 days 2 nights is very short.. before you know it.. its time to go home lol.
I was admitted on wed midnight.. discharge on fri afternoon!

after deduction.. cash $5.6k :)

hehe best of luck wamy!
they are suppose to move me back to the single room once theres room
but i think they forgot or there isnt any single room lol!

wamy

yah thanks... im still waiting for baby.... 39 weeks & 2days now.... cervix still close... no signs of labor yet..

wamy

hi... i gave birth last Oct 23... Emergency CS after a failed induction... my bill size is $9k for 2bedded ward after medisave is $4,6k.
3days in the hospital.

chewthegum

hi mummies,

i delivered natural w/o epi on 9th sept, sunday before midnight. discharged on tues noon.

my total bill cost slightly abt 5.5K, 2 bedder
medisave deductible 2.1k
gynae fees $2.2
pd $200+
$1000+ was all the pills, baby's test etc

total cash out more than 3K

didnt expect the pharmacy charges for the pills etc is so expensive. =(
my friend delivered nat w/o epi at Mt. A, fork out $400+ cash only. i will go to her gynae if i have no.2..cos my gynae only delivers at glenE

chewthegum

oh, i mean all the pills and etc like gloves all these in the labour ward that cost up to 1k.

but they gave so many pills i don't even have time to eat at home. cos 1st day bring bb back alrdy nightmare

oh! ya lor .... the misc charges really can kill!
you better eat your antibiotic and such.... those pain killer can forget it... mostly pain killer.. Zzz

dont worry... things will get better
my 1st month was hellish too hahaha

wamy

yah very expensive for pills...
Who's is your child's pedia? for 1st month vaccine to are you still planning to do it in glen E or better continue it in polyclinic?

if you all are going for PD i highly recommend dr liew woei kang at gleneagles
they have a package... its 1.6k+ (excluding consultation and gst) for 2 years jab
i feel its quite value for money
worth every single cent spent!

I actually brought my girl to the polyclinic for her 1st jab... hopefully to save some money like many mommies.
but decided to go back to the PD
I did a calculation... the total cost of vaccine up to age 2 cost abt 1.4k at the polyclinic. Jus that some of the jabs u can use medisave... but the waiting time is crazy! Even though infant has priority my wait at the polyclinic is 1hr++
Imagine as ur child grow older ... when you got no priority ... the wait could be even longer!!!
I cant imagine myself taking half day off work jus to bring baby for jab every month!

At my PD clinic the wait was very short... not more than 10mins. (cos its strictly by appointment)
and thats what i like abt them.
Dr liew is very kind, patience and detailed.... do developmental checks... check the head sizes etc etc fill up the health booklet etc...
Maybe mine is 1st child thats why i am more kancheong... though a lot of mommies say that going to polyclinic is sufficient enough :)

chewthegum

steffy, my boy 7wks le. i think i was given anti-biotics pills. just painkillers. was busy with bb that i really forgot all the pills and pain.

i just went back to glenE YY Yip for the first check up. after that i went to polyclinic for jaundice, did hep b 2nd dose at poly and will do all the jabs at poly cos some can claim medisave and some jabs are Foc. will look for a PD most likely in Mt. A and one near my place.