What kind of detergent do you use to clean baby's things?

I'm looking for some kind of detergent that is safe for use on baby's things.

What do you use to wash or wipe soft toys? How about plastic toys or items like exersaucer or high chair? Or playmat? Baby cot?

I don't feel clean if just wipe with water alone. I feel very paranoid about the germs lingering on baby's stuff.

Is dettol safe to use?

apollo

for bottles and his bowls, i will use Kodomo bottles detergent, clothes also use kodomo, but those for clothes one..

for dettol, depends on wat things.. last time i only use water to wash his toys, but now i use dettol to wash, after that use tap water to rinse it clean again..

but dettol i dun use it everyday, normally will just use tap water and rinse.. haha

ohstrawberry

I also use kodomo bottles detergent, so far toys that he will lick i only use water to wipe. I will mix dettol with water to wipe his jumperoo though, only once bi-weekly.

candy_ian

I'm using kodom baby bottles deergent for his cup n bowls. Melaluka detergent n softener for his clothes as it's chemical free n smells nice too. Melaluka antiseptic spray for his toys which I clean once a wk.

meiteoh

For washable toys, I just dump in the washing machine and use the detergent I normal would for Eva's CDs and clothes. For her toys, I'll wipe them with baby wipes. My hubby is worse than me as he believes that children NEED to be exposed to dirt and such at a young age to make them tougher.

diymummy

I use water + dettol. Washable things like cloth books, into the washing machine with his laundry detergent.

Ting

bottles n utensils i use pigeon, clothes detergent is pureen ABC powder detergent.
those washable soft toys, all dump into washing machine to wash, others just use tap water to rinse, some times will use the pigeon detergent to wash.
highchair all those just us wet wipes to wipe.

stonston

I did not use Dettol on my boy's toys because he'll put them in his mouth.

I used organic apple cider vinegar. It also kills germs.

jasobias

Me havent wash any toys yet unless it fell in dirt.Being super clean is
not gonna do baby gd in long run.
if unsure i just rinse in running water

i was informed by my dr that too environment is not good for baby too, like what jasobias mommy says its not good.

My dr even says most developed countries, you will hear baby with eczema, its bcos environment too clean.... a little germs is ok bah??!!

I will clean my boys soft toys once every 2-3 weeks in washing machine and those plastic type will just wipes with wet cloth....

apollo

Me havent wash any toys yet unless it fell in dirt.Being super clean is
not gonna do baby good in long run.
if unsure i just rinse in running water
i was informed by my dr that too environment is not good for baby too, like what jasobias mommy says its not good.

My dr even says most developed countries, you will hear baby with eczema, its bcos environment too clean.... a little germs is ok bah??!!

I will clean my boys soft toys once every 2-3 weeks in washing machine and those plastic type will just wipes with wet cloth....
i heard of all these b4, and sounds kinda true.. expose to germs can build up their immunity. but of cos, not to let them stay in a dusty environment lahh LOL.. but somehow, my hubby dun believe in this, he feels that ds's things must be VERY clean!!!

raeka

For those washable toys i use the pigeon milk bottle detergent . as for other toys will be using dettol first then tap water.

camom

I was browsing through stuff at the supermarket today and found that it is stated on Walch's Laundry Sanitiser that it is safe to be used on bb's stuff.

xlan

I did not use Dettol on my boy's toys because he'll put them in his mouth.

I used organic apple cider vinegar. It also kills germs.
apple cider vinegar is a smart method! may i know what's the ratio you mix with water, please? think i gotta start noting down all these smart tips le.. kekeke.. :001_302:

Thanks !!!

shiyi

i believe in dirty eat, dirty grow up(lasup jia, lasup dua!) hahaha
dats how we grew up in kampong!! still healthy n strong!

hakisumi

i believe in dirty eat, dirty grow up(lasup jia, lasup dua!) hahaha
that is how we grew up in kampong!! still healthy n strong!
haha..ya ya.. the dirty eat dirty big..lol
cloth diapers- abc powder
clothes- kodomo
btles- pigeon or tollyjoy
toys- using a lil dettol hand wash (diluted) n just wipe..
:Dancing_wub: