What to eat at 3rd trimester in order to eat more breast milk?

Hi just to check what food/soup to eat/drink before give birth so that I can have more breast milk? When my DD come I din have enough milk to feed her so got to half BF and not enough I give FM. Hope to be on total BF this round for DS... Any one can share?

Hi just to check what food/soup to eat/drink before give birth so that I can have more breast milk? When my DD come I din have enough milk to feed her so got to half BF and not enough I give FM. Hope to be on total BF this round for DS... Any one can share?
Elaine, you saw your header or not? What to eat at 3rd trimester in order to eat more breast milk? Hehe...

Anyway I think eating fish is good, especially Cod or Threadfin. Also drink lots of milk.

And after we give birth, also depends we pump regularly or not to generate our "motor" to produce more milk, I heard some say try take fenugreek while BFing to help to produce more too. With a good diet of fish, vegs, fruits and water will help too. And of course not to be over stress, must have nough rest also...

Re: What to eat at 3rd trimester in order to produce more breast milk?

Elaine, you saw your header or not? What to eat at 3rd trimester in order to eat more breast milk? Hehe...

Anyway I think eating fish is good, especially Cod or Threadfin. Also drink lots of milk.

And after we give birth, also depends we pump regularly or not to generate our "motor" to produce more milk, I heard some say try take fenugreek while BFing to help to produce more too. With a good diet of fish, vegs, fruits and water will help too. And of course not to be over stress, must have nough rest also...

Haha... Din realise till you point it out. How to change the header huh?

when having my DD actually I did pump and feed her frequently but still not enuf very little came out. And on the 4th day DD have Juandice so got to feed her mostly on FM and some of my gal fren's BF cos she have more to spare ... So now very worried dat dun haf enuf to feed. BTW wad is fenugreek? its a herbs or vege? Dat time the nurse say drink green papaya n fish soup but din really help. Is it not all women have enough milk to feed?

Haha... Din realise till you point it out. How to change the header huh?

when having my DD actually I did pump and feed her frequently but still not enuf very little came out. And on the 4th day DD have Juandice so got to feed her mostly on FM and some of my gal fren's BF cos she have more to spare ... So now very worried dat dun haf enuf to feed. BTW wad is fenugreek? its a herbs or vege? Dat time the nurse say drink green papaya n fish soup but din really help. Is it not all women have enough milk to feed?
Not too sure how to change the header though...

Yup, heard green papaya helps but not too sure. Here is some links on fenugreek. You can have a look. I think places like Naturefarm, GNC do sell them. Its actually a kind of herb to improve milk supply. I have friends who have used them and says it helps alot.

kellymom.com :: Fenugreek for Increasing Milk Supply

Fenugreek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SunShine07

I got a malay friend who has 5 kids, and she said that she was fully bf for at least a year to all her children.

Because i don have much milk that time, I ask her what she eat, then she told me she eat quaker oats every morning during her pregancy. Told me that it is a must to eat to have more breast milk.

Maybe you can try.

Not too sure how to change the header though...

Yup, heard green papaya helps but not too sure. Here is some links on fenugreek. You can have a look. I think places like Naturefarm, GNC do sell them. Its actually a kind of herb to improve milk supply. I have friends who have used them and says it helps alot.

kellymom.com :: Fenugreek for Increasing Milk Supply

Fenugreek - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks dear will go buy soeme bottles to eat. BTW eat after birth or b4 huh?

Amulet

but there is something i need to point out.. fenugreek only increases foremilk.. too much foremilk can cause green stools and gas in the baby.. the best way is to latch on all the way, w/o any formula.. even if zero milk, juz press on and let baby suck.. drink plenty of water or fluid.. massage ur breast, hot compress all can help..

my milk only start to come in the 3rd day, 5ml per 2 hours.. its the total from both sides.. but after 4th day, it soon start to multiple itself..

good luck..

remember, never give in to formula coz it makes baby stay full for longer, thus lesser demand, thus lesser supply.. if u have to give formula, give it in a sryinge..

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
I'd really encourage you to attend some of BMSG's workshops (next series is starting July 4th). You'll get all the information you need to be successful at breastfeeding (at least that's the way the workshops were designed to be).

the key is to feed on demand (whenever the baby wants to nurse), minimise stress, maximise rest and have a good well balanced diet.

I do hope you make it to the workshops. would love to see you there!