What to eat?

joanneang

hi mummies, is it true eating ice cream ,cakes n durian can have a chubby babies? im 29weeks, i hope my boy can gain more weight .. hehe...

joanneang

hi mummies,

is it true eating sweet stuffs like ice cream,cakes n durian can make baby to gain their weight? any other food beside these? im 29weeks now,i hope my boy will gain more weight up to his delivery,hehe..

tks.

apollo

last time when i was preggy ard 20+ to 30+ weeks, my baby was v small.. den my mum will buy me durians. hmm it somehow helps cos my gynae said my baby gain quite alot of weight and she told me to stop durian, aft i stopped, his weight gain slow down again.. i ate rice, potato all this starch food EVERYDAY but ds gain gian in my tummy still v slow..

ling.er

last time when i was preggy around 20+ to 30+ weeks, my baby was very small.. then my mum will buy me durians. hmm it somehow helps cos my gynae said my baby gain quite alot of weight and she told me to stop durian, after i stopped, his weight gain slow down again.. i ate rice, potato all this starch food EVERYDAY but dear son gain gian in my tummy still very slow..

Ya... I hear durians did help.. but try nt eat too much.. Cos heaty...
I myself eat every 2 wk like tat ... :wink:

CanCanMum

its more imp to have a healthy pregnancy, cakes and durian u can indulge in once a while to satisfy your taste buds but i do not think u shd eat it just for sake of gaining more weight for a chubby baby coz its not healthy either.

actually newborns looks small, pink and a bit like piggy :p (mine looks like a pink piglet when born) and they will lose some weight after the 1st month, gain back again after 2nd month onwards. So most babies will look chubby when they are 4-6months old.:001_302:

baby_elmo

Hi gal,

yes... taking chocolates n durian will increase your baby's weight for my case. i taken 2 pkts of kinder bueno & had put on 1.5 times than usual weight that i put on within a week. :eek: i took durian once awhile too.

:we2Randy-git:doc told me that my gal is about 3.4kg 2 weeks before i due but end up my gal was 4.254kg. ended up i had an emerg c-sect after 15 hrs of labour b'cos my gal was too big.

Hence, this shows that baby weight is only based on estimation and can varies a lot. moreover, baby puts on more weight if you bf than giving formula milk. my friend bf her baby & from 3.3kg becomes 7.1kg when reaches 8 weeks compared to mine was only 6.2kg plus.

candy_ian

I think it depends on the parents genes too whether the bb will b big size anot but like what cancan says a healthy bb is more impt than a chubby one.. I'm too bfding my son but he's not a chubby bb just nice type I think it's cause hubby's the compact type

xicloudix

eat all the sweet stuff in moderation.... juz enought to satisfy ur cravings will do..... dun try to eat more juz to gain more weight for baby.... coz towards the end of the pregnancy, baby will tend to gain more weight, by that time baby may be too big and u will regret eatting so much before.....

As long as ur gynae says ur baby is healthy weight then its ok already....

koala82

Dun follow in my footsteps.. I ate toooo much of chocolate, durian, sweet stuff, cookies, ALL in the name of baby's sake. My baby was born spotty. Doc say its due to all the heaty food I ate during my pregnancy. Lucky thing is, the spots were gone after 1 day.

And needless to say, I have gained alot of unnecessary weight which i am trying to return.

diymummy

In indulging in high calorie foods like chocolate and foods rich in cabohydrates like potatoes, beware of gestational diabetes.

Eat everything in moderation.

You want your baby to be healthy too, not just big.

apollo

its more imp to have a healthy pregnancy, cakes and durian you can indulge in once a while to satisfy your taste buds but i do not think you should eat it just for sake of gaining more weight for a chubby baby coz its not healthy either.

actually newborns looks small, pink and a bit like piggy :p (mine looks like a pink piglet when born) and they will lose some weight after the 1st month, gain back again after 2nd month onwards. So most babies will look chubby when they are 4-6months old.:001_302:
yaya ashton was born v v vsmall! but now has transform from small lil piglet to big fat piglet!! i think he nv lose weight b4 :tlaugh:

CanCanMum

HHAAAHHAHA~~~baber was a small chubby PINK piglet when he was born hahhaha~~~~~~~~~~~

anyways i wanna ask TS wads the meaning of the thread title???

Ting

hmmm i dun really believe in eating certain food will increase the baby weight's gain.
bcos, from what i know, baby takes in a certain amt of nutrients from u despite how much u eat or dun eat.
even u dun eat baby also will absorb the nutrients.
so end of the day, if u eat those sweet n fattening food, u will be the one gaining all the extra weight.
if your doctor tells u that your baby weight gain is fine, then jst eat in moderation.
if u want, u can drink more milk.
i drink (almost) one carton of fresh milk everyday since im 4 mths preg.
but my weight gain in 1st n 2nd tri is still few hundred gms per mth.
only the last 2 mths then i gain abt 1kg a week.

apollo

hmmm i dont really believe in eating certain food will increase the baby weight's gain.
bcos, from what i know, baby takes in a certain amt of nutrients from you despite how much you eat or dont eat.
even you dont eat baby also will absorb the nutrients.
so end of the day, if you eat those sweet n fattening food, you will be the one gaining all the extra weight.
if your doctor tells you that your baby weight gain is fine, then jst eat in moderation.
if you want, you can drink more milk.
i drink (almost) one carton of fresh milk everyday since im 4 mths preg.
but my weight gain in 1st n 2nd tri is still few hundred gms per month.
only the last 2 mths then i gain about 1kg a week.
tt time aft 5mth preggy onwards, no matter hw i ate, the weight gain is still not alot.. but i noe some ppl, eat v lil but baby n themselves still gain lotsa weight.. haha....

Ting

yeah i agree, my GF said i was so skinny.. til she think very scary. :p
but pin was quite a big baby. (though my tummy seemed so small!)

apollo

yeah i agree, my GF said i was so skinny.. til she think very scary. :p
but pin was quite a big baby. (though my tummy seemed so small!)
hw heavy was pin when she just born? ashton tt time only 2.9 =(

i gained 22 kg in total worrrrr

but back view i dunn look pregnant wahhahahahaahha, front view Only~~~~:p:p:p
actu tt time when i was planning to get preggy, i told myself, i must hav the xin li zhun bei tt i will gain 20+ kilo cos i'm belong to the 'plump' group deee but mei xiang daoo, i only gain 9kilo. all thks to my MS! GAM XIA MS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LUBBBB YOU!!!!!!!!!! :wong19:

Ting

pin was 3.2 kgs when she was born.
by right, if dun count i lose 3 kgs in the first tri i only gain 6.6kgs.
if included, i gain arnd 9.6kgs.
when i was 7-8 mths preg, this bimbo even ask her fren, why she (me :p ) so thin but tummy so fat deee? then her fren tell her: wah laos, stupid, she is preg lahs! :p

really bimbo lorr.

apollo

pin was 3.2 kgs when she was born.
by right, if dont count i lose 3 kgs in the first tri i only gain 6.6kgs.
if included, i gain arnd 9.6kgs.
when i was 7-8 mths preg, this bimbo even ask her friend, why she (me :p ) so thin but tummy so fat deee? then her friend tell her: wah laos, stupid, she is preg lahs! :p

really bimbo lorr.
if i dun count the weight i lose, i only gain 2kilo lik tt.. cos i lose 7+kilo during 1st tri...

tt one not bimbo liaoo, is BRAINLESS! HAHAHAHA!!!!! :tlaugh: